TEAM SHELBY FORUM

TSB in the Great White North

Webber

Just wondering if anyone has had the TSB done in Canada? I was wondering how the dealers were handling the situation. I bought my 08 in the US, so I guess that could make it more difficult if (when?) my problem surfaces. The Ford warranty is supposed to be good here, but you never know, seeing what's happening with some of our American friends who have been having problems with the TSB issue. Frustrating stuff, no doubt.

Just wondering if anyone has had the TSB done in Canada? I was wondering how the dealers were handling the situation. I bought my 08 in the US, so I guess that could make it more difficult if (when?) my problem surfaces. The Ford warranty is supposed to be good here, but you never know, seeing what's happening with some of our American friends who have been having problems with the TSB issue. Frustrating stuff, no doubt.

Haven't had any trouble with my car yet (7500kms) but I did question the service manager about the TSB when I took it in for it's first oil change. He new nothing about the TSB. I gave him the number for it and he looked it up. He said if the car shows any symtoms bring it in and they will take care of it. So this leads me to believe A: they haven't had any cars yet with the clutch problem :headscratch: and B: if the clutch does start to go bad they will cover it (is there no fingers crossed smiley?). I guess we'll see.

Haven't had any trouble with my car yet (7500kms) but I did question the service manager about the TSB when I took it in for it's first oil change. He new nothing about the TSB. I gave him the number for it and he looked it up. He said if the car shows any symtoms bring it in and they will take care of it. So this leads me to believe A: they haven't had any cars yet with the clutch problem :headscratch: and B: if the clutch does start to go bad they will cover it (is there no fingers crossed smiley?). I guess we'll see.

you need in case some symptoms develop to have a master tech handles the TSB.

Mine is waiting to be done as we speak, however the dealer here is waiting for parts from Ford. I should find out Monday when they will have them. Now there is snow, salt and sand everywhere. :censored:

You should not have any issues with a US car being repaired in Canada, the dealer still gets paid by Ford. Everyone will have this problem, it is just a matter of when.

Mine is waiting to be done as we speak, however the dealer here is waiting for parts from Ford. I should find out Monday when they will have them. Now there is snow, salt and sand everywhere. :censored:

You should not have any issues with a US car being repaired in Canada, the dealer still gets paid by Ford. Everyone will have this problem, it is just a matter of when.

Thanks for the input. I hope your right. There's only ONE SVT dealer in my province (Manitoba). Lots of Ford dealers around, but only one that's allowed to sell these cars. I wonder how it would be if I brought it to a regular Ford dealer to get the work done? Not that I'm trying to avoid the SVT guy (haven't even talked to them since I purchased mine), but I'm just trying to keep my options open when this eventually happens. I would imagine any senior mechanic at Ford would have the ability? Just trying to plan ahead.

you need in case some symptoms develop to have a master tech handles the TSB.

Not quite sure what you are trying to say. Again, no trouble with my car and I was just checking with the service manager, who everything has to be scheduled through, if he knew about the TSB.

Thanks for the input. I hope your right. There's only ONE SVT dealer in my province (Manitoba). Lots of Ford dealers around, but only one that's allowed to sell these cars. I wonder how it would be if I brought it to a regular Ford dealer to get the work done? Not that I'm trying to avoid the SVT guy (haven't even talked to them since I purchased mine), but I'm just trying to keep my options open when this eventually happens. I would imagine any senior mechanic at Ford would have the ability? Just trying to plan ahead.

There is no problem with any Ford dealer working on the GT500's, they do not have to be an SVT dealer to perform service work. I confirmed this with the dealer here in Sudbury specifically and they have also checked with Ford on previous warranty jobs and had no issues.

To be an SVT certified the Tech has to take a very quick online class. It's not a big deal.

To be A SVT dealer....the dealer has to pay Ford some money to get the rights to sell the car and some hand outs and a tool kit.

....It's not a big deal.

During the process of buying my GT500 I spoke with the SVT mechanic about the car and about the TSB on it. He had never heard of the TSB but went and looked it up. He told me he has never had anyone come in and complain about this problem- and they've sold quite a few GT500's.

I actually had my dealer write the TSB # on my bill of sale and write that I had full warranty coverage for the problem- I just wanted another layer of acknowledgement about the problem.

I again spoke with the SVT mechanic and he wondered if the problem was being caused by people riding the clutch at stoplights and on inclines, etc. He said to always shift into neutral (which I've always done). I wondered if this was the cause as well? Where I live is not overly congested so you don't ever get stuck in bumper to bumper traffic, thus you don't need to be riding the clutch just creeping along for long periods of time.

Archived