TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Is this a good buy?

ShelbyEra08

02.jpg

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...2&viewitem=

I spoke with a John from LoneStarFord about this car, nothing much just a few simple questions.

So yall think this is a good buy? Pricey, to low, etc...?

Pretty nice but pricey. Would be a better deal if they added the tvs system instead of a pulley

I would sell you my 07 with 1kmiles on it with way more add ons then that car for about 15-20k less(lol)

To me that seems like a very high price for what you are getting. I wouldn't touch it.

I like the way they subtly refer to "Snake package" - or try to imply Shelby Super Snake through the advertising.

My perspective anyway.

02.jpg

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...2&viewitem=

I spoke with a John from LoneStarFord about this car, nothing much just a few simple questions.

If this was 2007 ==would be a very good price

But been this the year of 2009 == toooooooo much

I havent talked about prices yet, just wanted to know what some of the GT500 experts on this forum thought :happy feet:

I thought it was kind pricey maybe if it was but thanks for the help so far.

I like the look, I would want to put black stripes on instead of white, but i could live with white for awhile until if i wanted to put the stripes on

I know these guys. Autograf is the company that did my Roush TVS supercharger on my 2006 Mustang GT. That video is old, it's not the one on the auction. Lone Star Ford has many GT500's on their lot. When I was last there, there were 5 of them on the floor. The reason many of their cars have miles on them is that they "buy" them from other dealers and they are usually miles put on during transport.

Personally, I'd get a base GT500 and get all the aftermarket work done locally. The reason I chose Autograf is that they are located 10 miles from my house, so if something goes wrong with the blower or body parts (for example, one of my Silver Racing louvers is leaking) I can take it to them in person. I suppose it would be hard to warranty their work if you are not local.

To me that seems like a very high price for what you are getting. I wouldn't touch it.

I like the way they subtly refer to "Snake package" - or try to imply Shelby Super Snake through the advertising.

My perspective anyway.

How much $ and how long does shelby take to do an actual super snake package?

Pricey for all of this added equipment?:

GT 500 Chassis $49991

Autograf Snake Package $11500

Ford Racing Handling Package $2500

625 Horsepower Package $6000

Sub Total $69991

625 HorsePower Package

Steeda Pulley

Steeda Cold Air Intake

Long Tube Headers

Dyno meter & recorded

SCT PROGAMMER AND software

SUPER SNAKE PACKAGE $11,500 (minus performance and ford racing handling)

6-speed manual transmission with a Ford Racing short-throw shifter and 3.73:1 rear axle ratio

Engine dress up kit including billet aluminum fluid caps and dip stick handle

Ford Racing suspension tuning including dynamic adjustable dampers, lowering springs, tuned stabilizer bars, and front strut tower brace

Exclusive Shelby- Alcoa 20-inch forged wheels with Super Snake center caps

Shelby / cross drilled and vented rotors all around

Front and rear brake cooling ducts

Side scoops, carbon fiber front fascia splitter, mirror covers and rocker panels

Classic Shelby design hood with functional scoops

'Shelby' lettering across the rear deck lid and hood

Center cluster with Carroll Shelby signature gauges for boost, fuel pressure and oil pressure

Shelby embroidered headrests, Super Snake door sill plates, aluminum map light accent, floor mats and other exclusive components

EXHAUST: $2750

LONG TUBE HEADERS

CUSTOM STAINLESS X PIPE

CUSTOM HIGH FLOW EXHAUST

Handling: $2500

FORD RACING STRUT TOWER

FORD RACING ANTI SWAY BARS

FORD RACING LOWER SPRINGS

FORD RACING GAS SHOCKS

I think this is a crappy deal. Lack of FRPP parts ruins your warranty as well. If you had to resell it you would lose a ton of cash because of all the mods.

Look into a real KR or get a real Super Snake upgrade package that way you keep the resale value up.

I do not care for the way they beat on the cars either on the video. It looks like a headache waiting to happen unless you live close by.

Stay Away.

02.jpg

Just an opinion, but you can get a 2009 for list now at most dealers. Add the Shelby SS package for $24,000-$32,000 (depending on the power you want) and have a better car for close to this price. I prefer to have Shelby do all modifications.

Archived