TEAM SHELBY FORUM

The Shelby Signature Dash Plaques are in!!!!

skiph

Just called Shelby Performance parts a couple of days ago, and they just received a couple of boxs of signed dash plaques (100+? he was not sure) this past week. No data on if my specific plaque was in the boxes since they need to be processed before they know who's are in there. So, save the phone call to them to see if yours is in. That will give them time to process them and ship em out too.

But with mine being on order for about 3 months, I'm hoping it's one of the ones in the boxes.

Best estimate I received was all the ones received should be processed and shipped in the next couple of weeks (they verify the VIN on every one).

Just called Shelby Performance parts a couple of days ago, and they just received a couple of boxs of signed dash plaques (100+? he was not sure) this past week. No data on if my specific plaque was in the boxes since they need to be processed before they know who's are in there. So, save the phone call to them to see if yours is in. That will give them time to process them and ship em out too.

But with mine being on order for about 3 months, I'm hoping it's one of the ones in the boxes.

Best estimate I received was all the ones received should be processed and shipped in the next couple of weeks (they verify the VIN on every one).

those signed plaques are priceless and very cool on the dash. good luck with yours and post pic after you install....

You guys might think about sealing them before you install them.

Just a thought. It took me some time get up the nerve to spray mine...but I did it.

Here's a How to thread on it:

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=32897

Oh yea.....going to let it sit for a couple of weeks inside in the dark to make sure the signature "sets" (could not be needed, but will not hurt). Then plan on following the instructions you posted BEFORE putting it on for sure.

Now just BE one of the ones in the boxes, BE one of the ones in the boxes.... :rockon:

Sure is ,I had a guy ask me if they all come with the plaque, he was impressed with it & the ser .# on it.

actually the one on the GT500KR looks engraved also the one on the SGT looks engraved on the plaque as if it was stamped. ours is hand signed and that is more personal to me......like my plate says.... GO SHELBY :happy feet:

actually the one on the GT500KR looks engraved also the one on the SGT looks engraved on the plaque as if it was stamped. ours is hand signed and that is more personal to me......like my plate says.... GO SHELBY :happy feet:

Any pictures , thats got to be a one of one.

Wondering if anybody has recieved plaques from this batch yet... have fingers crossed :)

I'm so anxious to have the plaque that I ordered the day _before_ I took delivery of car from the dealer, crazy!

Cheers, Dave M.

Does anyone have a POC to check the status of the dash plaque orders. I never received an e-mail confirmation after I placed the order nor has my credit card been charged. I placed my order in mid-October. Thanks.

Wondering if anybody has recieved plaques from this batch yet... have fingers crossed :)

I'm so anxious to have the plaque that I ordered the day _before_ I took delivery of car from the dealer, crazy!

Cheers, Dave M.

I received an email this morning from SPP stating that my dash plaque shipped yesterday afternoon. I also received a tracking number from UPS. Should be here on monday! I ordered mine on 9/3. :happy feet:

Mine came UPS yesterday! :happy feet:

Not to let it sit inside in a dark place a bit, then coat it with the UV protection and on the dash it goes!

you may consider laminating the certificate of authenticity that comes with it. I did that.

GT500037.jpg

like i did to the window sticker.

DSCF0070.jpg

The certificate of athenticity is hidden in cardboard to protect it. I did not see it first and almost thrown it away....lol

I opened the box from the bottom to keep the stickers on it and i did not see what was written on the protective cardboard.

GT500038.jpg

Once you have it on the dash.... :camera::camera::camera::camera::camera:

Yea, I almost missed that Certificate of Authenticity myself. It was under all the packing material and was flat against the bottom of the box. Had to "gently" peel and edge back to get if off the bottom.

Yup, worth every penny!

Yea, I almost missed that Certificate of Authenticity myself. It was under all the packing material and was flat against the bottom of the box. Had to "gently" peel and edge back to get if off the bottom.

I DID miss mine! Thank goodness I left the box w/sill plates on the kitchen table! UPS attempted delivery yesterday but I wasn't at home. I had my son staked out there this morning until the big brown truck arrived. I've taken the plaque and my Krylon to my business and am sealing it as we speak (or type). I can't wait to put the sill plates on and mount the plaque....... I'm surprised it doesn't fit tightly between the vents.....gives too much room for play and getting out of level.....I can see this becoming an intense project!

I just installed mine tonight. I have to agree with whoever said this was the best mod they had done so far. I've done all the bolt on stuff and spun the dyno to the tune of 564 to the tires, but this little piece of billet made me smile more than anything else so far. A big thanks to grabber for his instructions on how to seal it up, it worked like a champ.

Got mine today :happy feet: :yahoo::headspin: Now for the Krylon 1309!

...go real easy on the first few coats, just a very light mist very quickly.......lie it flat so there is no chance of runs.....start well off of the plaque and end well beyond the plaque....ensures all is smooth....

• 1 month later...
Does anyone have a POC to check the status of the dash plaque orders. I never received an e-mail confirmation after I placed the order nor has my credit card been charged. I placed my order in mid-October. Thanks.

Did you finally get your plaque? I haven't received any confirmation on my order either.

Quick question for the collective brain trust. I just bought a 2009 GT 500. In the brochure it lists a "Shelby IP plaque" as a standard item for the interior. I'm assuming this means instrument panel plaque. Did any other buyers of MY2009 receive a dash plaque with their car or is this a "misprint" by Ford?

Archived