TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2007 Shelby Upgrades

y2kvet

I thought I read on one of the threads that the suspension upgrade was a tweak to the car and not a option, then I read that it was FALSE.

I started the thread on the suspension after talking to two separate people at SVT. Both mentioned the suspension upgrade happening at Job 2 which I understand is Dec 5. I have not read any other post regarding this info being false yet. I will go back and read recent responses to my post.

+1 :hysterical:

Some of you are missing the point, in some instances having all available options make the car a rarity and more valuable down the road, even though it may be an unwanted or unnecessary option. It has been my experience most men need the Nav system but will not admit it, they would rather drive around lost for hours upon hours.

Some of you are missing the point, in some instances having all available options make the car a rarity and more valuable down the road, even though it may be an unwanted or unnecessary option. It has been my experience most men need the Nav system but will not admit it, they would rather drive around lost for hours upon hours.

I didn't buy this car with resale in mind. By the time any of these cars are a "rarity", i'll be in the old folks home or 6 feet under. Lexus makes a nice metrosexual sports coupe with one heck of a nav. if I was interested in that type of car. :shift:

We have a new person to the board, asking for legitimate answers to a good question or two and you people jump all over them. :fan: And you wonder were a certain stereotyping of SHELBY owners might come from? :poke:

y2kvet, I first read of the infomation about possible job 2 changes when a person on another board posted they had read it. After I while, I bought and scanned in the article in question. This is all I know about beyond the internet hot air. Hope this helps some.

Thread/ post 13 has the scan of the article.

Oh, my. :shrug:

Robert... isn't there a rule against henpecking on this board?

We have a new person to the board, asking for legitimate answers to a good question or two and you people jump all over them. :fan: And you wonder were a certain stereotyping of SHELBY owners might come from? :poke:

y2kvet, I first read of the infomation about possible job 2 changes when a person on another board posted they had read it. After I while, I bought and scanned in the article in question. This is all I know about beyond the internet hot air. Hope this helps some.

I meant no harm by my comments. I merely stated that I think nav on this car is inappropriate. Just my opinion. If I came off as rude or arrogant, I appologize.

Jetsolver: Thanx for posting the article, I printed it so I could read it, and I plan on seeing if my dealer can get the Reg. Rep. to get some info on this suspension tweak. The way it reads is that it is a adjustment, not a option. We will see. Thanks for doing the homework on this. I have been wondering about it. :shrug:

Jetsolver: Thanx for posting the article, I printed it so I could read it, and I plan on seeing if my dealer can get the Reg. Rep. to get some info on this suspension tweak. The way it reads is that it is a adjustment, not a option. We will see. Thanks for doing the homework on this. I have been wondering about it. :shrug:

does this mean we can take our "job 1" shebly's in for the adjustment?

wheel hop has been a real issue for me?... i assume the adjustment is aimed at clearing that up?

does this mean we can take our "job 1" shebly's in for the adjustment?

wheel hop has been a real issue for me?... i assume the adjustment is aimed at clearing that up?

Unknown. this has been debated, and I have reread everything I had on it, and the wheel hop is an issue, but until a few get into customer hands, I'll bet no one knows outside of a few folks at AAI what the changes are. As to getting your car updated, I strongly doubt that. As was mentioned in the other thread on this, running changes are a fact of life in any industrial manufacturing system.

I meant no harm by my comments. I merely stated that I think nav on this car is inappropriate. Just my opinion. If I came off as rude or arrogant, I appologize.

Inappropriate how?? :doh: its a navigation system made for a car....unless your only driving it on the track...yah okay...considering the majority of sports cars up the line will be shipping with them. including the new Vette...how is this inappropriate....frankly I love the feature...and think its great that FORD is offering it especially since its a Pioneer deck and what looks to be a good one at that!

Inappropriate in my books would be like putting a tow package on the shelby so I can drag my Jet Ski's or Sleds up to the cottage for the weekend...or I guess for that matter driving this thing in the snow... :happy feet:

Cheers,

Requis

navs would be nice but I'm SURE that Ford would go cheap. So, in the end it would be a useless option for the extra money.

I had NAV in my 2005 Vette, it was pretty cool for a while. Problem was that the maps are usually outdated in newer areas, just where I really need a NAV. I wouldn't pay the extra money for one now. :shift:

Inappropriate how?? :doh: its a navigation system made for a car....unless your only driving it on the track...yah okay...considering the majority of sports cars up the line will be shipping with them. including the new Vette...how is this inappropriate....frankly I love the feature...and think its great that FORD is offering it especially since its a Pioneer deck and what looks to be a good one at that!

Inappropriate in my books would be like putting a tow package on the shelby so I can drag my Jet Ski's or Sleds up to the cottage for the weekend...or I guess for that matter driving this thing in the snow... :happy feet:

Cheers,

Requis

I think the decision about a nav system depends on your use of the car. I live in a small city and know almost everywhere I go. Even when I go to Indy or Cincinnati, I know my way around. However, if I were planning on using the car to go on our vacations, then I'd want one...that would be very helpful. I doubt we'll take the GT500 on the vacation trips...I'd have ringing in my ears from the s/c. :hysterical:

Dave

Cheers,

Requis

So are you telling me the snow plow package is out? If so, the four wheel drive conversion would not be appropriate either? :shift:

I recieved an E-mail reply to my query about which parts are changing. The shocks and struts do have a superceded part number as of Dec. 5. There may be some still in the system as of that date, but that is what it is. They are still looking(I assume on coffee breaks) for any bushing or other numbers.

So are you telling me the snow plow package is out? If so, the four wheel drive conversion would not be appropriate either? :shift:

:hysterical:

Maybe would you include IRS....and roof top lights....Then damn straight and you could charge a premium to do folks driveways! :)

Requis

Archived