TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Would you take $20,000 for your Shelby?

hotrodrock

I have an '07 with 2,700 miles. Has 20's with Nitto's, CAI, shifter, lowered, gears, etc. Out of curiosity, I stopped by a Dodge dealer to look at a Challenger SRT8 since I had never see one up close. Hasn't got the horsepower but one hell of a nice car. Just wanted to look at it but the salesman had to bother me, so I told him "out of curiosity, what will you give me on mine as a trade in". At least I got rid of him so I could look in peace. He came back after talking to the sales manager and having him drive :shift: mine. Said he could give me $20,000 for it. Now I wasn't rude :censored: nor did I drop to the floor in a fit of laughter! :hysterical:

He said they had called the local Ford dealer to see what they would give for it and they said they weren't interested at any price. Said they just couldn't sell it with the econmy the way it is. I'm sure there are some Shelby owners who, what with the economy the way it is, may need to go to a less expensive vehicle. Looks like they may be SOL unless they are just willing to give their car away. I wish I had said that I would take $20,000 for mine if he would knock $20,000 off his window sticker price.

The economy sure is bad, but it can't be THAT bad! $20,000 is a ridiculous offer. I'm pretty sure someone could get much more than that selling it on E-bay. There's no way I would trade mine at that price.

If they said a Ford dealer wasn't interested in a GT500 "at any price", why would anyone be interested in a Challenger? I am continually amazed at how some salespeople will insult the intelligence of a customer - even in the midst of an ultimate buyers market economy. Anyone who paid the price for a GT500 is pretty proud of it and to offer $20K is not even funny. He would've been better off telling you that they're just not in a position to consider trade-ins on the Challenger at the moment & you certainly could sell it for more than they would give for it in trade - or words to that effect.

I would have had a hard time not telling him to shove the Challenger where the sun don't shine.

No Freaking Way!

I would litterally have laughed in his face, or said something else :censored:

Remember, they want to make money on the car and it has to sit there, take up space, be inventoried until it is sold to a very select buy group, probably pay some sort of tax on it due to it being an asset, etc..

Better to sell it outright on your own for sure.

Take the car to 3 local Ford dealers and as for a buyout price. Average the 3 and have a better idea of what wholesale is at this point in time. You are looking at high 20s max as the dealers know that the car likely isn't going to bring more than low 30s. Sorry but that is the way it is now.

hrr,

totally absurd. then again, no trade-in is a good trade-in for the buyer no matter what car is involved. you probably knew it up front, but kinda opened yourself up to the insult. dont take it personally, it is just the car dealer business.

To answer your question: "Would you take $20,000 for your Shelby?"

As a responsible middle aged adult I made sure I could afford this car when I bought it. I looked at the age of my son and his college needs. I looked at my retirement goals. I looked at my remaining house payoff goal. I looked at my current income and my current debt. I then had a long talk with my wife about the purchase. We talked about keeping the GT500 forever if we purchased one.

So to answer you question: No.... I'm not interested in selling my GT500 at all. I plan on enjoying it for the rest of my life.

As a responsible middle aged adult I made sure I could afford this car when I bought it. I looked at the age of my son and his college needs. I looked at my retirement goals. I looked at my remaining house payoff goal. I looked at my current income and my current debt. I then had a long talk with my wife about the purchase. We talked about keeping the GT500 forever if we purchased one.

So to answer you question: No.... I'm not interested in selling my GT500 at all. I plan on enjoying it for the rest of my life.

Hey G, I'll give you $21,000...... :hysterical::baby:

Alright already. Grabber, I'll go $21,250... :hysterical: :drool:Only cause I like Faygo... :shift: :happy feet:

MM,

The only thing I need money for is Gas and mods. If money gets tight....no mods and no gas. No need to sell.

The air in my bubble is free too! :happy feet:

th_WinterizeNov2008046.jpg

th_Trannyoriginal096.jpg

I have an '07 with 2,700 miles. Has 20's with Nitto's, CAI, shifter, lowered, gears, etc. Out of curiosity, I stopped by a Dodge dealer to look at a Challenger SRT8 since I had never see one up close. Hasn't got the horsepower but one hell of a nice car. Just wanted to look at it but the salesman had to bother me, so I told him "out of curiosity, what will you give me on mine as a trade in". At least I got rid of him so I could look in peace. He came back after talking to the sales manager and having him drive :shift: mine. Said he could give me $20,000 for it. Now I wasn't rude :censored: nor did I drop to the floor in a fit of laughter! :hysterical:

He said they had called the local Ford dealer to see what they would give for it and they said they weren't interested at any price. Said they just couldn't sell it with the econmy the way it is. I'm sure there are some Shelby owners who, what with the economy the way it is, may need to go to a less expensive vehicle. Looks like they may be SOL unless they are just willing to give their car away. I wish I had said that I would take $20,000 for mine if he would knock $20,000 off his window sticker price.

They got to drive yours??????????????????????? :headscratch:

Did you make sure and drive the :censored: out of theirs???????????? :peelout: :rolleyes:

"Responsible middle aged adult" NOW THATS FUNNY!!!! If that was the case than all of 5people on this forum would own their cars, or should I say have bought them. Just trying to keep it Light Rob. Chuck.

Not a chance! I hate dealers that low ball you, even in jest! I really despise those who think I have IDIOT stamped across my forehead. More than once I've walked out on a deal (in silence) and then I've walked out after telling them what I think of their deal only to have them call me later and accept my last offer. Would I take $20k for my GT 500? Nope, not $30k or even $40! I'm keeping it to drive.....especially now that I can buy premium for less that $2/gallon!

"Responsible middle aged adult" NOW THATS FUNNY!!!! If that was the case than all of 5people on this forum would own their cars, or should I say have bought them. Just trying to keep it Light Rob. Chuck.

I bet that at least 1/2 of the GT500 owners own their cars free and clear with no type of home equity loan or debt.

Just a guess on my part.

Could be a good poll.

I bet that at least 1/2 of the GT500 owners own their cars free and clear with no type of home equity loan or debt.

Just a guess on my part.

Could be a good poll.

+1

401K loan being paid back to myself.....Took the money before the "MARKET CRASH"!!!! :yup:

Nice move. No way the car has dropped in value like the market... :cry:

:hysterical:

Yes It's a good bet that my Shelby will be in my driveway at the end of the day..............

Not sure I can say that about stock holdings in the 401K??????????

Can't drive those damn Mutual Fund Investments anyway.................

Archived