TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Looking for my SGT's mini-me for my mini-me

Matt N.

I've been looking online and in local stores for a couple weeks for a Power Wheels Mustang for my son that compliments my Vista Blue SGT Convertible. I'd love to give this to him for Christmas!! Similar idea to to what Adam O'Dwyer did, but without the hassle of trying to get a good paint job to stick on the plastic of the current model Red Mustang.

While the Red is the current model of the Power Wheels Mustang, it seems that until recently, they also offered this in Blue with LeMans stipes. I've contacted the manufacturer and they no longer make the Blue model, nor do they have any left in stock. They suggested WalMart... WalMart does indeed have it listed on their website, but they indicate it's not available for ordering online. It may be available left as a clearance item in some stores, but their Corporate office was unwilling to do an inventory search and tell me who might have one left. I've called a few stores, but can't call them all. I'm sure they weren't the only ones who sold this car anyway...

Any assistance or suggestions in locating one would be greatly appreciated. :happy feet:

I've attached a photo of the car as well as a link to the description on WalMart's site.

Thanks!

- Matt

post-14757-1227969459_thumb.jpg

Matt,

Check craigslist, south florida, someone has a used one for sale.

Just providing a link. I don't use craigslist and can only say "buyer beware"

http://miami.craigslist.org/brw/tag/911407119.html

Let me know if it works out for you.

Thanks! I've tried eBay (with no success) and the only other listing I've seen on Craigslist was in CA... This one is close enough I can check it out in person if it sounds viable.

E-mail sent to the listing party asking for pics... Out of curiousity (and because of your comment), I Googled the phone number associated with the listing... It's a psychic in Miami / Ft Lauderdale area. Do you think she knew someone would contact her today? :lol:

Thanks! I've tried eBay (with no success) and the only other listing I've seen on Craigslist was in CA... This one is close enough I can check it out in person if it sounds viable.

E-mail sent to the listing party asking for pics... Out of curiousity (and because of your comment), I Googled the phone number associated with the listing... It's a psychic in Miami / Ft Lauderdale area. Do you think she knew someone would contact her today? :lol:

All signs point to yes... :lol:

I am looking for the same thing for my Granddaughter and took the same route last week....(fisher price, walmart, toys-r-us)

I researched another forum and it seems mustang owners aren't the only crazy modders :confused::confused:

http://www.modifiedpowerwheels.com/forum/default.asp

They run batteries in series to increase voltages and race ...... :shift:

The cars can be painted by Krylon fusion plastic paint and striped afterwards :dance:

I asked the psychic to send me photos of the car before making the 3 hours drive to check it out (because for a 3 hour drive, I wasn't going to come home without it). She did so and it had numerous scratches and knicks, part of one stripe was missing. There was also no battery charger (no local stores carry the correct charger... I looked), and without a charged battery I can't confirm it runs... although she assures me it does. So, all signs were pointing to "not at this time".

I may have to go the route of buying the red one and modifying it if I can't find a blue one in decent shape...

Thanks,

Matt

Archived