TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Went for a drive yesterday

Mustang Joe

I drove my car down the QEW yesterday to show it to a friend of mine.

I gotta tell ya, the only way the Shelby could have attracted more attention is if I had Angelina Jolie naked and hog-tied on the roof. People were snapping pictures with camera-phones, leaning their heads out of the car to get a better view, etc. You'd pull up behind a car and you'd know when the driver spotted you in the rear-view because the passenger's heads would swivel around to get a look at the car. I lost track of all of the thumbs-ups.

Subtle, this car is not. :shift:

Right on guys. :bandance: I think one of the reasons this happens is: You just do not see these cars out and about like other rigs. I have yet to see one on the road. Once someone spots one, the WOW factor kicks in. The other night I played that German commercial thats in the video library on this web site for the 1st time (just got DSL) and WOW. I have watched that thing 5 times. I can't waite to put the pedal down and watch the gauges, and hear the supercharger whine and see the SVT light go on and feel my head go back. Must be nice. :rockon:

You're right Rob, it's addicting. Like Orf said yesterday, I can't drive this car anywhere without the temptation of getting on it. :shift:

Tell me about the power boost and the SVT light. What is the timing. What point does that light come on to tell you your BLASTIN OFF. :shift:

Tell me about the power boost and the SVT light. What is the timing. What point does that light come on to tell you your BLASTIN OFF. :shift:

You program it to go off when you want it to. It is a signal to you to shift while you are racing. Diff types of racing require diff shift points. So, they made it customizable.

There is also an audible alert that can be set to beep at shift points so you can keep your eyes on the road and not the tach or SVT light. :happy feet:

Your killing me, I am going to have to go jump on my Road King to get a fix. :speedie:

I would say that you need to be rapidly approaching 3000 for the boost to start. It seems to be related to putting some load on the motor (Such as no boost while in nuetral) but it doesnt take much. Just mash the gas and hold on. :speedie:

i Highly recommend you put a spare set of underwear for you and your passenger in the glove box! This car is a rocket ship! :hysterical:

Isn't it fun scaring the :censored: out of an unsuspecting passenger? Amazing how fast from 50-120. :woohoo:

there are few things in this world better!

i took a friend out 3 days ago and found myself behind a camaro at a stoplight with loud, obnoxious, exhaust and a redneck driver.... took me about 3 seconds to get around him after the light turned green.... my passenger just about $hit himself!

:hysterical:

there are few things in this world better!

i took a friend out 3 days ago and found myself behind a camaro at a stoplight with loud, obnoxious, exhaust and a redneck driver.... took me about 3 seconds to get around him after the light turned green.... my passenger just about $hit himself!

:hysterical:

Congrats!!! Remember your own advice however. You don't want brown spackled seats. :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

I drove my car down the QEW yesterday to show it to a friend of mine.

I gotta tell ya, the only way the Shelby could have attracted more attention is if I had Angelina Jolie naked and hog-tied on the roof. People were snapping pictures with camera-phones, leaning their heads out of the car to get a better view, etc. You'd pull up behind a car and you'd know when the driver spotted you in the rear-view because the passenger's heads would swivel around to get a look at the car. I lost track of all of the thumbs-ups.

Subtle, this car is not. :shift:

I hope a full strip deleted/tinted dark/stock exshaust car will avoid this. My 06 vert got way way too much attenion for my likings. :baby:

Archived