TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New member and New SGT Owner

sgt1255

Hello Everyone,

My name is Ken and I am a new member here. I live in sunny San Diego, CA. Three weeks ago, I was at my local Ford dealer looking for a new vehicle with my wife. She told me that I should be looking at a sports car because she knows I always wanted one. So I decided to look at the Mustang Gt but did not see one I really like until the saleman showed me the SGT and it was an instent love affair with it. It is one of the best looking Mustangs I ever saw and my wife loved it too (but she can not drive a stick, HAHAHAHAHAHA) so I bought it. It is a 2008 and I got a great deal on it. My CS # is 00683. This is my first Mustang and I love the car. I am already doing some modifications on it. I ordered a TruFiber GT-S hood (looks like the GT500 with a true ram air), head light splitters, and getting the interior trim painted in Vista blue. Thats just the beginning.

Good Day

Ken

Congratulations on your SGT, and welcome to the board. Interestingly, I own 08SGT0682, damn near siblings! Mine is an automatic vert, still waiting to get back to SAI for the SC install. Enjoy your new ride, you'll love the attention it garners. And don't forget, PICTURES, PICTURES!!!

BTW: I considered the same hood but the vents were a concern for me. How will you keep water and junk out? These vents are bigger than the GT500's and they have their own set of issues or do you only see yourself driving when it's dry? I guess you are in "sunny San Diego" right? :happy feet: My car is garaged and I don't drive it in the rain etc., but I worried about getting caught in the rain which has happened and the thought of having to clean my engine each time didn't thrill me. Do they sell any covers now? :headscratch:

Congratulations on your SGT, and welcome to the board. Interestingly, I own 08SGT0682, damn near siblings! Mine is an automatic vert, still waiting to get back to SAI for the SC install. Enjoy your new ride, you'll love the attention it garners. And don't forget, PICTURES, PICTURES!!!

Welcome as well. Since I own 08SGT0599 that must make us distant cousins... :D

Hello Everyone,

My name is Ken and I am a new member here. I live in sunny San Diego, CA. Three weeks ago, I was at my local Ford dealer . . . .

Hi Ken,

Welcome and congratulations. I, too, am in San Diego. My car came from Drew Ford in La Mesa. From what dealer did you get yours?

Jim

Thank you for a warm welcome everyone. I have been lurking at the site for a week before I registered. There are alot of great info here. Someone here said I should join "Team Shelby". Is there something else I need to do to join besides register here?

Welcome and congratulations. I, too, am in San Diego. My car came from Drew Ford in La Mesa. From what dealer did you get yours?

Jim

I bought my SGT at Mossy Ford in Mission Beach.

BTW: I considered the same hood but the vents were a concern for me. How will you keep water and junk out? These vents are bigger than the GT500's and they have their own set of issues or do you only see yourself driving when it's dry? I guess you are in "sunny San Diego" right? My car is garaged and I don't drive it in the rain etc., but I worried about getting caught in the rain which has happened and the thought of having to clean my engine each time didn't thrill me. Do they sell any covers now?

I underdtand what you mean. It does have large vents. A buddy of mine has the same hood and he has not had any problems with junk getting into his engine bay. You have to remember that it hardly rains in San Diego. Actually the past two day is the first rain we had in almost a year.

I am going to post picture of it soon. I want to document the before and after pictures of my SGT. :happy feet:

Good Day

Ken

Welcome and congrats, Ken. I 've owned my SGT for almost a year and the fun doesn't seem to end :happy feet:

We do get some rain and lots of snow so my car is pretty much parked until spring :cry:

ERIK

07SGT2940

Archived