TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Just picked up my new 08 GT500

Whammer

Well I just picked up my new 08 GT500 from the dealer. Performance white with blue stripes. I had traded in my 08 Bullitt on this car. There is quite a difference between the 2 cars. The GT500 handles much tighter and feels more solid. Obviously you really can't compare HP- the GT500 is actually frightening!!! It just pours out the power and it's so smooth you just can't believe how fast your going and how quickly you got there!!!

I had installed Borla axle backs on the Bullitt- I needed the exhaust to sound louder than than the stock mufflers. So I asked the dealer to swap out the exhaust and install it on the GT500- which they did. The sound is quite nice, it gives the car a more aggressive exhaust sound.

I live in a northern climate so this car will be sitting in my garage for the next 5-6 months. But I'm hoping the weather stays good and the roads stay dry for the next few days so I can take her out for a couple of runs.

Well I just picked up my new 08 GT500 from the dealer. Performance white with blue stripes. I had traded in my 08 Bullitt on this car. There is quite a difference between the 2 cars. The GT500 handles much tighter and feels more solid. Obviously you really can't compare HP- the GT500 is actually frightening!!! It just pours out the power and it's so smooth you just can't believe how fast your going and how quickly you got there!!!

I had installed Borla axle backs on the Bullitt- I needed the exhaust to sound louder than than the stock mufflers. So I asked the dealer to swap out the exhaust and install it on the GT500- which they did. The sound is quite nice, it gives the car a more aggressive exhaust sound.

I live in a northern climate so this car will be sitting in my garage for the next 5-6 months. But I'm hoping the weather stays good and the roads stay dry for the next few days so I can take her out for a couple of runs.

Congrats!! Hang out in this site, it's good. Stay in touch, including mine, I personally know of 6-7 people close by with one and I have few good friends with GT500's, two of which in your combo, maybe we'll coordinate a hangout in the spring..........I'm only 2 hrs from you (Mississauga)

Congrats on the new car and welcome to the site. There are a few locals (Ontario) on here, I am sure they will all tune in and introduce themselves. I am in Sudbury (northern Ontario).

Enjoy the car, hope you get some good weather. (Unlike Sudbury where apparantly it has not stopped snowing for a week) I have been away in Whitehorse - Yukon. Just on my way home now. I guess mine are away for the season already, I just didn't realise it yet.

Congrats on picking up your new rocket ship. Your color combo was my 2nd choice. I love the white W/Blue stripe combo. The first thing I also did was change the mufflers the first week I had the car. If you decide to add a cold air intake, you will be very surprized on the seat of your pants feel of the added HP and the increased sound of the SC whine. Once you ride in someones car that has stage I or II....you will have to have it.

I went with stage I from JLT and it's awesome. Listen to this vid of my stage I SC whine and you will get an idea of the feel.

th_ab967db8.jpg

Here's what the stage I with flames looks like on my car. Flames are not for everyone....but I love em.

th_Oct252008-VID00001.jpg

Wecome to the site rule #1 you must post pictures of your new ride. Good to know we have another local member.

Congrat's on the new car and welcome to TS :happy feet: You need to post pic's ASAP!!! I know how you feel about putting her away for the winter. I am still driving mine when ever I can, but guess I'll be putting her away soon. :cry:

Enjoy your ride!

Mike

Another Canadian - welcome to the site :)

Well I just picked up my new 08 GT500 from the dealer. Performance white with blue stripes. I had traded in my 08 Bullitt on this car. There is quite a difference between the 2 cars. The GT500 handles much tighter and feels more solid.

Congratulations on the new ride. Given that you had a Bullitt first, can you give a more detailed description as to what you experienced with the GT500 that lead you to the conclusion that it handles much tighter. It is "tighter" that is not clear to me. While I have not driven a Bullitt, I have driven a GT500. My understanding is that the Bullitt and the SGT are kissing counsins from the standpoint of handling. My experience with the GT500 was that it did not have the same handling characteristics as my SGT. It was heavier (all on the nose), 2" higher off the ground and had a quieter exhaust. You fixed the exhaust out of the gate. Please understand I am not pinging on the GT500. I considered one but opted to get a SGT and have the Mod Shop install the supercharger and some other goodies. When I drove the GT500, I was impressed with how "together" the overall package was. By that I mean that you could tell the car was Ford factory produced as everything was smooth as glass, not sprung quite as harshly and, overall, better mannered.

Too bad you have to put it away for the Winter. On the other hand, you will have time to do various modifications over the next number of months. Post photos when you can.

Jim

Archived