TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2008 GT500 Vapor

skeet

Purchased for MSRP on Sept 9, 2008. This is the second Mustang in our family, the first one was my fathers, a 1965 289 V8, automatic on the floor and Burgundy in color. I learned to drive with it in 1967 when I was 16.

thisone.jpg

Congratulations, awesome car. I bought my Vapor GT500 on Sept 13, 2008. Vapor IS the fastest color, lol. Enjoy :happy feet: :shift:

I get a lot of looks when I am out driving the Mustang. A guy on a big Harley gave me the thumbs up when the passed me going in the other direction.

Several weeks ago on a nice warm fall Sunday afternoon I took my wife to K-mart to pickup a few items. We took the Mustang and I parked it way out in the parking lot away from the other cars and traffic coming into and out of the lot. I stayed in the car while she was shopping. A car pulled up along side and the driver motioned for me to roll down the window. The woman commented on how beautiful the car was and that she always wanted one but could not afford it. After she left several cars went out of their way when leaving the lot to drive past the car.

I love my vapor. I constantly get comments on the color. What mods do you plan on doing? One of the first things I did was put on a clear bra and window tint. You'll be happy with the smoke window tint.

DSCF1350.jpg

That is a nice picture, it really shows the color.

The first mod will probably be a louder exhaust. Putting on louder mufflers looks pretty easy, no tunes required. After that I don't know, maybe a CAI. I will do some looking around on the forum to get some ideas.

That is a nice picture, it really shows the color.

The first mod will probably be a louder exhaust. Putting on louder mufflers looks pretty easy, no tunes required. After that I don't know, maybe a CAI. I will do some looking around on the forum to get some ideas.

You can sometimes find used CAI, tuner and exhaust at about half the price. There is nothing wrong with it, just used a little. You really may want to try the clear bra. Since I have had mine, there quite a few people that wish they would have done theirs.

Cool man! Sounds like you waited a while for yours too! My brother had a 67 coupe 289 4 speed that he taught me a few things on.....

ENJOY!

When my father taught me how to drive the Mustang, he was 41. I remember that when he bought the Mustang he bought and wore this dorky black beret when he drove it.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived