TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2008 GT350 Intake Manifold On Ebay

shelbymotorsports

Some folks are so clueless or just full of it.

2008 GT350 Manifold

Up for sale I have a stock intake manifold off of a 2008 Shelby GT350 Mustang. The car only had 20 miles on it when this was removed and replaced with a high performance intake. Comes with the intake, and all the pulleys and hardware seen in the pic. Retail price on this through Ford is $695.72. Should fit many other year Mustangs as well. Please make sure this will fit your vehicle before you purchase. I will not be responsible if it does not fit your car.

It's quite common for people to reference the Shelby GT as a "GT350". We get e-mails and calls about a 2007 or 2008 GT350 (Shelby GT) weekly. So do others at SAI.

+1 - Heard it all the time from Ford salesmen too.

The 2007 Shelby Annual Magazine article on the 08 Shelby GT states that the vintage GT 500 and GT 350 are in the top 5 of favorite cars for many. The article then goes on to introduce the Shelby GT as "built on the same recipe" as the GT 350. Later it says that anyone over the age of 40 who sees the Shelby GT immediately thinks of the GT 350. The small block Shelby GT was modeled and designed in many ways after the small block Shelby GT 350. I don't believe it is accidental. I cannot fault anyone for calling the Shelby GT a GT 350.

I know the Shelby GT is not a GT 350 but there sure are a lot of subtle and direct ties to the GT 350.

I don't know which is worse. Calling the SGT a GT350 or the one I hate the most, a baby Shelby. I don't know who started that 'baby Shelby" thing but I cringe whenever I hear someone use those words.

Either way a seller has the responsibility of representing their item correctly. If they don't know the correct car the manifold came off of they should just say it came off of a Mustang or something like that.

Wonder what these people will do when there is a Shelby GT350 on the market? Perhaps they will then call the SGT by its true name.

Steve

I don't know which is worse. Calling the SGT a GT350 or the one I hate the most, a baby Shelby. I don't know who started that 'baby Shelby" thing but I cringe whenever I hear someone use those words.

Either way a seller has the responsibility of representing their item correctly. If they don't know the correct car the manifold came off of they should just say it came off of a Mustang or something like that.

Wonder what these people will do when there is a Shelby GT350 on the market? Perhaps they will then call the SGT by its true name.

Steve

No.

They'll probably call it "the original Baby Shelby"! :cry:

the new 2005-09 4.6 intakes on the mustangs are all the same :hysterical: ,even looks like the same 4.6 intake on the 2010 mustang ,there are no Shelby intakes for the new mustangs,not yet ,but we all can hope for one day,,,yes ,,,I know ,but the SC intake is made by Ford.

I got two new mustang 4.6 intakes off ebay a few months ago for under $75.00 each ,,sold one to a friend and had the other painted silver and put it on my car,see my pic's,,but I did save the one that came with the car ,its in a box in a safe place.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived