TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Exterior Mods

aseos2004

The tape stripes come from Shelby. The only way you're getting your hands on the stripes is if you have a warranty issue with them. You'd have to then take it to a dealer to do the warranty work and they'll arrange with Shelby to get tape to fix the area. Body shops won't have the correct tape, matching or otherwise. Shelby keeps track of where the stripes are going..... Limits the amount of potential clones.

When replacing/adding any body part (such as unpainted front or rear fascia) that has the stripe, can most body shops match it? I know most do a pretty good job with matching colors, but what has your experience been with matching existing stripes? Is the Ford dealer the best bet?

you can have them made we did for the SGT/TC exact match

When I had to stripe my new rear wing I shopped around for an installer. Every shop I went to had an exact match to the OEM silver stripe and had plenty in stock. In fact most had better quality stripes then the OEM. Maybe I was just lucky but the stripe match was not an issue here.

If you have trouble finding the stripe match in your area, I can give you the name of the shop where I got mine. They have two samples. I picked the darker one as it was an exact match. Although the lighter one was only off in direct sunlight. Maybe you can order a sample then order it if you like the match.

DSC00550.jpg

DSC00549.jpg

Archived