TEAM SHELBY FORUM

brake upgrades - need suggestions

hi to all again, i was hoping to get some suggestions on a brake upgrade for our beloved Shelby GT's. price of course is a big consideration. the stock brakes are lacking in my opnion and considering i am planning on getting a supercharger in the near future, i thought the brake upgrade would be the first thing to do. i love the look of a nice red caliper behind my cs69 rims. i was hoping to get away with just putting slotted or cross drilled rotors in the rear without the entire rear brake upgrade, cost is one reason, second is is it necessary. what do you all think and those that have upgraded, if your in the northeast, who did you use to do the work and of course, what kits did you upgrade with?

you just need rotors calipers and backing plates, they bolt right up and work well with all the existing hardware. You get big Brembos that work like a champ. You can get the entire kit for $1500.00 or you can find a set someone has taken off considerably cheaper.

you just need rotors calipers and backing plates, they bolt right up and work well with all the existing hardware. You get big Brembos that work like a champ. You can get the entire kit for $1500.00 or you can find a set someone has taken off considerably cheaper.

Probably a dumb question, but the GT500 upgrade will not work on our stock 18" wheels, correct?

Archived