TEAM SHELBY FORUM

How will you keep yours looking showroom???

brianspony

I have allways tried to keep that show room look, but on a daily driver it's hard to do. My Shelby is different and I want to keep that new look. I've talked to people that detail cars and they claim plenty of soap and water and car wax. I've talked to spray painters and they claim the same, keep them clean and keep applying the wax. I've purchased the Mr Clean wash kit and bought the 5starshine kit. Haven't used them yet, but maybe this weekend. Any tips from members on how you keep your Shelby's looking day one? :shift:

I have allways tried to keep that show room look, but on a daily driver it's hard to do. My Shelby is different and I want to keep that new look. I've talked to people that detail cars and they claim plenty of soap and water and car wax. I've talked to spray painters and they claim the same, keep them clean and keep applying the wax. I've purchased the Mr Clean wash kit and bought the 5starshine kit. Haven't used them yet, but maybe this weekend. Any tips from members on how you keep your Shelby's looking day one? :shift:

Try these guys out, SMP. They will offer all the advice you need. They helped me out with the Love Bug problem we have in N. Florida and S. Georgia.

Keep it out of the direct sunlight as much as possible.

Keep it clean all the time. (train your wife how to properly wash it)

Garage it when not in use.

Wax it every two months or more

Keep the kids bikes away from it !

Ditto, except I wax my cars every month or so if I can (hard to do in the winter).

I went over the top on the keeping it new thing, besides all of the above, I bought a pressure washer, installed a giant water filter on it (water spots), a 500mph leave blower to dry the car, complete Zaino kit, and went to Linens and Things and bought the softest cotton towels they had (which I am cutting up to get rid of the labels and edges.

The worst thing about keeping that finish perfect is to get the dirt off and if you are rubbing it in when you are washing it, it ends up scratching the paint. So no touch is my plan. :cheerleader:

Archived