TEAM SHELBY FORUM

TSB Parts Backorder

mcdover

Bad news. According to my dealership, the clutch kit for the TSB is on national backorder. I was told that no date was given as to when these parts would arrive and could be 3-4 weeks out, maybe longer. Maybe Ford is waiting on the bailout to order more parts. :censored: Either way, this is not helping their image and will impact all future car purchases I make. I mean, to have a wide spread problem on an expensive, extremely hyped car, then have a lack of supply of the parts to fix it? :finger:

Theres a few others in the same boat.

+1

I am also in the same boat. Not sure which parts they can't get yet, but the dealer told me they have no idea when they can expect the parts. I will find out later this week exactly which parts they can't get. Does anyone else know which parts are short?

Had the same problem with a new Learjet a few years back...try telling someone that just spent 9 mill on a plane that it can't be flown because they aren't making replacement parts.

I just got my parts for the TSB, it took just over a week. And now another week for a new tranny. :banghead:

Archived