TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Is there a different tranny we can use?

Whammer

Is there some other tranny we can use in the GT500? Maybe this would put an end to all these tranny problems.

For those who have to pay for their tranny repairs you may as well spend the money on a realiable tranny and not on one that's going to breakdown again.

I just found out that there are two versions of our 6 speed.

As many of you may know this transmission is used in the Dodge Viper and the Dodge Challenger.

The Viper has a HP and torque rating up to a 1000,

the Challenger version only goes up to 450.

Does anyone know if we get the same beefy Viper one or the weak Challenger style transmission?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tremec_TR-6060_transmission

I am looking for the confirmation that was posted on one of the Challenger forums.

Well does the Viper have these problems?

The Vette?

Will the Camaro SS suffer from these problems?

Is the tranny the same but Ford is using a different clutch? There has to be something that Ford is doing that is different.

I have been doing my homework and none of the other cars are having similar issues. It has to be the flywheel design. I am really starting to thin that the damaged synchros are partly to blame on the operaters.

I also think the synchros should have been heavy duty apparantley they are fragile since other vehiles with this transmission are not having this issue.

Archived