TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Better Late Than Never

Dennis70Mach

I think I finally figured out how to upload pics, here are some pics of the 2008 GT 500 that I got my son for Christmas last year. I know, I know, better late than never, anyway, if there are any problems with the pics, please let me know.

th_006.jpg

th_009.jpg

th_013.jpg

th_018.jpg

th_028.jpg

th_033.jpg

WOW!! You bought this for your son, for Christmas??? Will you adopt me?

Thanks to everyone for the comments. The wheels are Steeda Pentar silver wheels. I didn't like how high the rear stance was and I kinda didn't like the original wheels. So when the car came to the dealer about 2 weeks before Christmas, I had the dealer install the Ford Racing Handling Pack, which included the lowering springs, etc. I then had the Steeda wheels put on. It's funny because the dealer service manager called me at home and said you need to come down here and take a look at these wheels on the car before we mount the tires. He didn't think they looked good. So I drove down there and they had the car on the lift without tires mounted and the wheels were on the car. I said they are going to look great, trust me. They went ahead and mounted the tires and everything and after it was done, the service manager said you were right, it does look great. Anyway, the wheels almost didn't happen, but both my son and I think they look great. It was a great Christmas for him and I told him then, that was his Red Ryder BB gun Christmas, that I can't top that! Anyway, it's a Christmas he won't forget.

Thanks John, all is well, my son is kinda bummed though, you know his school football team, Lees Summit West won the state championship last year, but this year they lost in the state quarterfinals. Oh well, we have put away his state championship ring from last year so he won't lose it.

Hey sweetazzgt500, believe it or not, yes he is in high school, he is 17. He was 16 when I gave the car to him for Christmas last year. But he and I have had many conversations about what is expected. He has been driving the car since Christmas last year and no tickets, no wrecks or accidents, so far so good. I have told him there is a time and place for "racing" type activity and the street is not the place. There is a drag strip here in the KC metro area and we are going to be taking him and the car there next spring. I guess in short he seems to get it.....at least so far. At any rate, he is my only kid, and I remember driving a POS in high school and wanted him to have it a little better, so anyway.

Thanks to everyone for the comments. The wheels are Steeda Pentar silver wheels. I didn't like how high the rear stance was and I kinda didn't like the original wheels. So when the car came to the dealer about 2 weeks before Christmas, I had the dealer install the Ford Racing Handling Pack, which included the lowering springs, etc. I then had the Steeda wheels put on. It's funny because the dealer service manager called me at home and said you need to come down here and take a look at these wheels on the car before we mount the tires. He didn't think they looked good. So I drove down there and they had the car on the lift without tires mounted and the wheels were on the car. I said they are going to look great, trust me. They went ahead and mounted the tires and everything and after it was done, the service manager said you were right, it does look great. Anyway, the wheels almost didn't happen, but both my son and I think they look great. It was a great Christmas for him and I told him then, that was his Red Ryder BB gun Christmas, that I can't top that! Anyway, it's a Christmas he won't forget.

Thanks John, all is well, my son is kinda bummed though, you know his school football team, Lees Summit West won the state championship last year, but this year they lost in the state quarterfinals. Oh well, we have put away his state championship ring from last year so he won't lose it.

well, quarter finals is still good, kearney made it as far as the semifinals, but we lost saturday to our nemesis Webb City. I just can't imagine how they (webb city) always puts together such a great team year after year.

Have a good thanksgiving

John

Archived