TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New front bumper for SGT

tko211

Looks like I am in the market for a whole new front bumper / fascia for my black 07 SGT! I underestimated how close I was to a parking block and sure enough... scraped up the lower portion (the unpainted black plastic chin just under the front bumper.

The SGT bumper is obviously taken from a CS (California Special) mustang. It's all one piece. Made me just sick to see that I of all people did this. 9My wife has taken it out before and I even loaned it to a close friend once and sure enough I make the mistake knowing all along that these cars are low.

Anyway, anyone have any advise or experience with this before? I am obviously going to need to replace the stripes on the front bumper as well! GREAT TIMES! I need to know how to handle this. Do I dare to just drive it to my dealership and say fix her up? Any experienced SGT owners been through this before? I would greatly appreciate any help.

Here an outfit that will send you a OEM factory fresh one painted and cleared for $599.

I would get the part and install it yourself to save some money. Then order the stripes and have a stripe guy put them on.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Parts-Acces...p4506.m20.l1116

thanks for the help on that! I think I might just go ahead and go the route you suggested! Doesn't look to hard to do myself. As long as that replacement bumper is really an OEM part and not some crappy knock-off. LOL

Thanks again! much appreciated. Watch out for those parking blocks boys. They bite back!

The front bumper cover is not difficult to replace yourself. I swapped my GT front fascia for the SGT one. I had a shop paint it and I did the rest. If you decide to order the part from a dealer, make sure to purchase the accessory part and not the replacement part. The replacement part is a couple hundred more for the exact same part! The accessory base part number is 20049 for a California Special Front Fascia.

post-3252-1227451101_thumb.jpg

post-3252-1227451139_thumb.jpg

post-3252-1227451166_thumb.jpg

post-3252-1227451101_thumb.jpg

post-3252-1227451139_thumb.jpg

post-3252-1227451166_thumb.jpg

thanks for the help on that! I think I might just go ahead and go the route you suggested! Doesn't look to hard to do myself. As long as that replacement bumper is really an OEM part and not some crappy knock-off. LOL

Thanks again! much appreciated. Watch out for those parking blocks boys. They bite back!

Years ago I had a Wolfsburg Jetta,I pulled into a bank parking lot ,got too close but it wasn't the cement that got me it was one of those stakes that got me. It wasn't all the way into the cement. Pulled the bumper. Man was I pissed!.

Stakes bite Too!

Glenn

Looks like I am in the market for a whole new front bumper / fascia for my black 07 SGT! I underestimated how close I was to a parking block and sure enough... scraped up the lower portion (the unpainted black plastic chin just under the front bumper.

The SGT bumper is obviously taken from a CS (California Special) mustang. It's all one piece. Made me just sick to see that I of all people did this. 9My wife has taken it out before and I even loaned it to a close friend once and sure enough I make the mistake knowing all along that these cars are low.

Anyway, anyone have any advise or experience with this before? I am obviously going to need to replace the stripes on the front bumper as well! GREAT TIMES! I need to know how to handle this. Do I dare to just drive it to my dealership and say fix her up? Any experienced SGT owners been through this before? I would greatly appreciate any help.

I've got the bumper stripe for sale if you like. I had my scratched up, bought the stripe and took it to a graphic guy to fix it but he ended up cutting 1/4" of the original and replacing it with 3M which is pretty darn close to what i ordered. I've got it boxed up in it's original SAI box. Paid $9x.00. PM me if interested.

Archived