TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Paxton vs. Ford Racing SC

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

stu welcome to the forum.

There are threads about the differences already. Can't go wrong either direction.

Paxton Shelby badged, historical, can get more HP, polished looks really cool. Negative no lowend boost.

Whipple low end torque, sounds cool, looks great. Negative no strut tower brace

Get Metco pulley upgrades of existing for Whipple. Roger found great ones. Call aaron at metco.

Good luck

One last thing. If you get a SC get a brake upgrade too.

Written with iphone.

Stu,

The Ford Racing Whipple kit is perfect..

Instant boost with great throttle response

5” thick aluminum intercooler which is larger than other twin screw kits

Fluidyne heat exchanger

Ford GT 38lb/hr fuel injectors

0 degree Ford Racing spark plugs

Nice factory looking CAI install with a 95MM mass air meter flowed on Fords flow bench

Self contained oil system, no tapping oil pan like the Paxton kit

Ford Racing flash programmer for excellent drive-ability, reliability and big HP and Torque.

Overall the most factory looking and running kit out there, plus it is the only kit that Tasca will offer for their Shelby GT/SC conversions.

If you are interested in having the Ford Racing GT/SC conversion done at Tasca please PM me or email me @ dgomes@tasca.com and I will set you up with a price. thanks

Dennis Gomes

Stu,

The Ford Racing Whipple kit is perfect..

Instant boost with great throttle response

5” thick aluminum intercooler which is larger than other twin screw kits

Fluidyne heat exchanger

Ford GT 38lb/hr fuel injectors

0 degree Ford Racing spark plugs

Nice factory looking CAI install with a 95MM mass air meter flowed on Fords flow bench

Self contained oil system, no tapping oil pan like the Paxton kit

Ford Racing flash programmer for excellent drive-ability, reliability and big HP and Torque.

Overall the most factory looking and running kit out there, plus it is the only kit that Tasca will offer for their Shelby GT/SC conversions.

If you are interested in having the Ford Racing GT/SC conversion done at Tasca please PM me or email me @ dgomes@tasca.com and I will set you up with a price. thanks

Dennis Gomes

Everything that Dennis Gomes said. Still get Ford warranty and the car is an absolute blast to drive. No regrets. Can only get a Ford Racing (Whipple) on an 07 though. For now you must get a Kenne Bell Supercharger for an 08 Shelby GT.

post-8704-1227416566_thumb.jpg

post-8704-1227416566_thumb.jpg

Everything that Dennis Gomes said. Still get Ford warranty and the car is an absolute blast to drive. No regrets. Can only get a Ford Racing (Whipple) on an 07 though. For now you must get a Kenne Bell Supercharger for an 08 Shelby GT.

That's not true, you are only limited to what SAI can do for a SC.

Guest hfrosso

Hi there!! My ford dealer told me tha they will install a whipple -ford racing-S/C on my Shelby 08,and they warranty .

I will be installing a SC in the spring. I realy like the KB (now others tha have it installed and they loved)butt the warranty on the whipple

sound great,no warranty with the KB. And the KB from Shelby has a plate with the Shelby logo on it( looks great!!)

Not shore yet if I'll have to go to a Shelby mod shop(like Tasca,is the closest for me) for the instalation.

The Ford Racing Whipple can be installed approved by SAI on the 08SGT, they now have a 08 Carb E.O. # and a new HP rating from Ford of 550HP. On all the new Whipple kits you do not have to buy upgraded tensioners, pulley's or belts. Whipple has updated their install manuals and send an extra 100mm idler pulley to correct the old issue of breaking belts and tensioners. Therefore if you have the kit properly installed you will have no belt issues. With this kit installed at a Mod Shop you can also get Shelby GT/SC side Stripes.

Dennis

Hi there!! My ford dealer told me tha they will install a whipple -ford racing-S/C on my Shelby 08,and they warranty .

I will be installing a SC in the spring. I realy like the KB (now others tha have it installed and they loved)butt the warranty on the whipple

sound great,no warranty with the KB. And the KB from Shelby has a plate with the Shelby logo on it( looks great!!)

Not shore yet if I'll have to go to a Shelby mod shop(like Tasca,is the closest for me) for the instalation.

According to FRPP's website they will warranty the 400hp non intercooled Whipple but not the 550hp HO Whipple.

Jeff

The Ford Racing Whipple can be installed approved by SAI on the 08SGT, they now have a 08 Carb E.O. # and a new HP rating from Ford of 550HP. On all the new Whipple kits you do not have to buy upgraded tensioners, pulley's or belts. Whipple has updated their install manuals and send an extra 100mm idler pulley to correct the old issue of breaking belts and tensioners. Therefore if you have the kit properly installed you will have no belt issues. With this kit installed at a Mod Shop you can also get Shelby GT/SC side Stripes.

Dennis

What about a 2008 SGT Automatic? Can I get the 550 hp kit installed? I know the transmission might not handle it?

Guest hfrosso

Dennis

wow!!! now 550hp sounds awsome!!! Your info just make that much easier to decide on the SC

looks that the Whipple kit comes more complete,and is cheaper than the KB.

So only at the Mod Shop will I be able to get the GT?SC stripes???

My closest is Tasca and I think is about 5 hours drive if no more.

What about a 2008 SGT Automatic? Can I get the 550 hp kit installed? I know the transmission might not handle it?

I have installed the kit on a few Automatics with no issues, however I would ask you to sign a waiver do to the fact it is not recommend on automatics from Ford.

wow!!! now 550hp sounds awsome!!! Your info just make that much easier to decide on the SC

looks that the Whipple kit comes more complete,and is cheaper than the KB.

So only at the Mod Shop will I be able to get the GT?SC stripes???

My closest is Tasca and I think is about 5 hours drive if no more.

Yes the only way the side stripes can be purchased is if a Mod Shop does the install on the SC...

Tasca is a great choice to have this done :) PM or email me @ dgomes@tasca.com and I will take care of you on the install

cheaper?? i thought the whipple was 6,079 and the kb was 5,799... did they change??

I thought so too, Just checked FRPP and it's $7,239 for the polished.I read that Whipple went up $1000 across the board and thats the main reason I went with the K/B, that and they were not approved for the 08.I paid 5,799 for my KB from SPP and had it installed. FRPP link is still showing 07 but it's the same kit minus the new air box and tune.

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_...rtKeyField=9889

Jeff

According to FRPP's website they will warranty the 400hp non intercooled Whipple but not the 550hp HO Whipple.

Jeff

Jeff,

Contact pottydr (Rick Yates). He is running a pretty serious KB on his automatic SGT. He knows a good bit about what the automatic can take. He is a good guy and very willing to share.

Jim

Why does the Paxton not have any low end boost, as previously stated?

I've been dead set on the Paxton, simply because I can keep my brace and because I like the historical ties.

Any further input on why the Paxton isn't a more favorable choice of the 3?

Ken

Paxton kits now have self contained oil systems.

Jim

Keep in mind the self-lubricating Paxton kits only have a one year warranty while the engine oil-fed Paxton kits have a 3 year warranty.

Also, with the self-lubricating system you have to change the oil in the head unit while in the engine oil-fed system the SC gets fresh oil every time you change the engine oil.

With the Paxton engine oil-fed systems the oil feed line is a simple 'T' off of the oil pressure sensor and the oil return into the oil pan is not very hard to install. This design has been around for a long time and is very reliable.

Maybe it's just a coincidence but I have seen a few Whipple and KB supercharged 4.6L 3V Mustang GT's at the track and they are usually in my rear-view mirror…

SC03.jpg

Sorry I did forget about the new Paxton kits being self contained, But as posted above you do have to change the oil in the head while changing your engine oil.

Cudafly no one said it was a hard to tap the oil pan but it is a hack after market setup that is prone to oil leaks. what does your car run at the track? what gears and tires are installed??

All the new Ford Racing Whipple kits have been making right around 480 RWHP on our load Dyno Dynamics chassis dyno.

At the end of the day you get what you pay for. If you want a factory looking, reliable, high horsepower supercharger kit than the Ford Racing kit is for you :)

Sorry I did forget about the new Paxton kits being self contained, But as posted above you do have to change the oil in the head while changing your engine oil.

Cudafly no one said it was a hard to tap the oil pan but it is a hack after market setup that is prone to oil leaks. what does your car run at the track? what gears and tires are installed??

All the new Ford Racing Whipple kits have been making right around 480 RWHP on our load Dyno Dynamics chassis dyno.

At the end of the day you get what you pay for. If you want a factory looking, reliable, high horsepower supercharger kit than the Ford Racing kit is for you :)

Wow that was unnecessarily harsh, especially from a 'mod shop' rep.

Do you not get the same cut on a Paxton install as you do on a Whipple or what? :hysterical:

Wow, I guess Mr. Shelby has been wrong about the Paxtons all these years. Sorry I did not realize the Paxton was "a hack aftermarket setup".

By the way as I have stated before I think all of the SC options are good. Sorry if I pushed your buttons, I was only making an observation.

Archived