TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New Transmission (11/19/08)

RIRENTERGT500

My locar dealer just installed a new tranny but now I have a noise/vibration coming from the shifter handle... Has anybody experienced this? I took it back on (11/20/08) and they tighted everything up and drove it again. The tech heard it again and called it a characteristic of the new transmission. I really think this is a bunch of BS!!!!! I have the KR shifter. It was installed way before the new tranny came in, and it had no vibration.

My locar dealer just installed a new tranny but now I have a noise/vibration coming from the shifter handle... Has anybody experienced this? I took it back on (11/20/08) and they tighted everything up and drove it again. The tech heard it again and called it a characteristic of the new transmission. I really think this is a bunch of BS!!!!! I have the KR shifter. It was installed way before the new tranny came in, and it had no vibration.

It's, of course, BS. I get a bit of this only with the tranny in neutral, which I consider normal. My friend had a Toyata Celica A/T and it did it all the time, resulting in his having to place his hand on the shift lever to quiet it down.

I had the same issues with my tranny post tsb (hard getting into 5th, reverse, chattering, etc). The foreman told me the tech that did the tsb on the car set it up "to tight". Not sure what that means, but he said it was not good. He then called the ford hotline and they told him to replace the unit. I should be getting my new tranny in sometime this week. I regret having them do the TSB. Sadly the same tech did my clutch packs and new ring and pinion (stock), and he messed that up to. the foreman once again said he set it up "to tight" and the ring and pinion where not contacting correctly. They have still not corrected this problem. I will be asking for a complete replacement after they fix my tranny. :banghead:

I was hoping this would correct all of your problems since they were the same as mine, now you have a new issue to contend with, when will all of this stop :headscratch:

Called my dealer today taking it back Monday and see what happens, mechanic said since shifter was different than stock it could be causing problems. if this is true then they need to recall KR shifter as a defective unit and stops selling it immediately, I'm glad I bought the Ford shifter instead of another brand as for sure it would be the problem since it wasn't a Ford product.

My Experiance with the KR shifter:

I have the brand new tranny (TUET8175) installed in my car with my stock shifter last January.

The stock shifter worked great after the install. No vibrations at all and no shifting problems at all.

A couple months later, I had the KR shifter installed. The shifting was enhanced a bunch. not only was the throw much shorter, but the feel was tighter then the stock shifter. I have no vibration issues at all and I have plenty of road rally miles on the car now. There is nothing wrong with the KR shifter.

I purposely had the stock shifter put back in the car so I could evauluate the tranny installation at a before and after state. I did not want to hide the original stock feel after the TSB work.

After the TSB work was done and I had time to evauluate it....I had the shifter put into the car. It was only a couple hundred bucks to have them do the work, and they said since it was a Ford product the warranty would still be good.

Our shop has installed two new trannies in GT500's . My 07 and our first GT500 vert sold that we got years ago.

MY tranny has a slight vibration in 3rd gear only. My old one didnt. I still have it but its not as pronounced. The tranny we just installed is smooth as butter. No vibration in any gear.

I know this doesnt answer your question but at least its input on how these two trannies act.

My 2008 coupe has had a vibration in third, but only when cold outside (meaning, I guess, transmission oil temperature). The vibration actually rattles the shifter stick and usually when coasting or low power. The rattle went away this summer but as temperatures drop, the rattle is starting to reappear. Just one more reason to hope for global warming (besides being able to grow my lemon and lime trees outside in Colorado). B)

My Experiance with the KR shifter:

I have the brand new tranny (TUET8175) installed in my car with my stock shifter last January.

The stock shifter worked great after the install. No vibrations at all and no shifting problems at all.

A couple months later, I had the KR shifter installed. The shifting was enhanced a bunch. not only was the throw much shorter, but the feel was tighter then the stock shifter. I have no vibration issues at all and I have plenty of road rally miles on the car now. There is nothing wrong with the KR shifter.

I purposely had the stock shifter put back in the car so I could evauluate the tranny installation at a before and after state. I did not want to hide the original stock feel after the TSB work.

After the TSB work was done and I had time to evauluate it....I had the shifter put into the car. It was only a couple hundred bucks to have them do the work, and they said since it was a Ford product the warranty would still be good.

Do you know what is the date for putting the new flywheel if they did on 08 mustangs?

edit:

i got it in the stickies please disregard....thx

Archived