TEAM SHELBY FORUM

KR SHELBY NOT WHAT I HOPED FOR

dragpac

a dealer in wash.NJ has a new kr on the floor and it doesn't look anywhere as good as the concept w/ the20's it had 18's and looked to be not lowered or something it just didn't do it for me at 90 grand

t

anyone can make their shelby look and perform the same for a fraction of the cost, but truth be told, your paying for a name and a limited run

6th

a dealer in wash.NJ has a new kr on the floor and it doesn't look anywhere as good as the concept w/ the20's it had 18's and looked to be not lowered or something it just didn't do it for me at 90 grand

t

+1, worth it or not, if I had the money to buy a KR I would jump on it, it does say GT500KR. Should be nuf said.

To be completely honest I dont think any of our cars, or any car for that matter is worth what we have in them. However, you cant put a price on happiness, and I sure love my car at any price.....Chris

If you swap the 18s for the 20 in Alcoa's, it changes the entire look of the car. It won't look as good as the concept, but then again what cars do look as good as their concept.

There is a pice in the first part of the new Shelby mag that shows a red and silver KR. It has the 20s on it and looks amazing. The wheels make completely change the look of the car.

But if you want it to actually handle the short sidewalls of the 20s don't cut it with the high unsprung weight of a live axle -- it's just highly suboptimal. That's why Ford put the 18s on the production version. That's why so many GT500 owners want Shelby to make 10.5 wide Alcoas in 18.

The 20s look awesome tho.

But if you want it to actually handle the short sidewalls of the 20s don't cut it with the high unsprung weight of a live axle -- it's just highly suboptimal. That's why Ford put the 18s on the production version. That's why so many GT500 owners want Shelby to make 10.5 wide Alcoas in 18.

The 20s look awesome tho.

I'm not a big fan of the 20's.....too big ,doesn't look right.. my opinion, Chris

t

I saw two KRS at the dealer today. Two... One Red and one Silver. I've always thought that I would have to have the Silver with Blue stripes after I saw it in person, just like my 500. I was not, however, impressed or overcome by the urge to whip out my checkbook. Me and my 15 year old son, the same one who chained himself to my 500 and refused to leave without it, stopped by to check them out as we had heard from a little bird (TG) that one was at this dealership. When I walked in, I immediately got the royal treatment as I bought both of my cars from this dealer. As we checked both cars out, I found myself wondering what makes this car worth $35k more than the 500. The first observation I made was that it is up in the air, 4x4 style just like a stock Mustang. WTF? I thought these had some top secret suspension that they weren't going to release to the general public. Good...they can keep it. My FRPP with adjustable struts is far superior. The second thing was the hood. I thought that I had to have the hood, but after seeing it live, I like mine better. The CAI doesn't hold a candle to the JLT and the pulley is...well...just a pulley. I was under the impression that the KR got the FRPP short throw shifter but the salesman was touting it as a Hurst and it certainly appeared to be a Hurst (One point for the KR). The front brake cooling ducts were in the trunk. WTF? The holes were in the grille with the bezels, which by the way are not as nice as what JLT sells, but they had clear plastic caps over them. The salesman said they were there to be installed by the purchaser if he wanted to. The wheels were extremely nice. I tried to get the salesman to sell them to me. I told him no one would notice...I can't believe that this car doesn't have more performance upgradse for $35k. I'm not really a fan of the SS, but it seems like one he!! of a better deal than the KR. They were asking $17 over. I told them I can get one up the street at the competition for MSRP and they quickly offered to write it up. MSRP on the Silver one was $80k. It is a reasonably attractive car, but way overpriced IMO. No offense intended.

PS: The exhaust is very nice. It's what the GT500 should have been.

I was under the impression that the KR got the FRPP short throw shifter but the salesman was touting it as a Hurst and it certainly appeared to be a Hurst (One point for the KR).

The KR has the FRPP Shifter. The salesman is wrong.

I saw two KRS at the dealer today. Two... One Red and one Silver. I've always thought that I would have to have the Silver with Blue stripes after I saw it in person, just like my 500. I was not, however, impressed or overcome by the urge to whip out my checkbook. Me and my 15 year old son, the same one who chained himself to my 500 and refused to leave without it, stopped by to check them out as we had heard from a little bird (TG) that one was at this dealership. When I walked in, I immediately got the royal treatment as I bought both of my cars from this dealer. As we checked both cars out, I found myself wondering what makes this car worth $35k more than the 500. The first observation I made was that it is up in the air, 4x4 style just like a stock Mustang. WTF? I thought these had some top secret suspension that they weren't going to release to the general public. Good...they can keep it. My FRPP with adjustable struts is far superior. The second thing was the hood. I thought that I had to have the hood, but after seeing it live, I like mine better. The CAI doesn't hold a candle to the JLT and the pulley is...well...just a pulley. I was under the impression that the KR got the FRPP short throw shifter but the salesman was touting it as a Hurst and it certainly appeared to be a Hurst (One point for the KR). The front brake cooling ducts were in the trunk. WTF? The holes were in the grille with the bezels, which by the way are not as nice as what JLT sells, but they had clear plastic caps over them. The salesman said they were there to be installed by the purchaser if he wanted to. The wheels were extremely nice. I tried to get the salesman to sell them to me. I told him no one would notice...I can't believe that this car doesn't have more performance upgradse for $35k. I'm not really a fan of the SS, but it seems like one he!! of a better deal than the KR. They were asking $17 over. I told them I can get one up the street at the competition for MSRP and they quickly offered to write it up. MSRP on the Silver one was $80k. It is a reasonably attractive car, but way overpriced IMO. No offense intended.

PS: The exhaust is very nice. It's what the GT500 should have been.

I would like to know if any thing different in the flywheel/cluch pack ...or it is the same as we have in the gt500.

i cannot imagine buying 90 K car to have the trans rebuilt with the current TSB.

I would like to know if any thing different in the flywheel/cluch pack ...or it is the same as we have in the gt500.

i cannot imagine buying 90 K car to have the trans rebuilt with the current TSB.

They are simply GT500's that are sent to Shelby for mods, so I assume they have any issues the current production models might have. I'm not sure if they are still producing the clutch/ tranny issues...

:hysterical:

We feel the same about our 52 K cars????????????????

Not 100% but I am sure the Flyweel/Clutch/Transmission stayes the same................

I heard someone say somewhere on here that Ford and Shelby were likely trying to capitalize on the Dealer ADM syndrome by getting $35k for a few add ons. Like they were going to make the money the dealers made on the early GT500's. I think they missed the boat on that. Dan, you are right, throw the TVS on there and make it more realistic... :baby:

I heard someone say somewhere on here that Ford and Shelby were likely trying to capitalize on the Dealer ADM syndrome by getting $35k for a few add ons. Like they were going to make the money the dealers made on the early GT500's. I think they missed the boat on that. Dan, you are right, throw the TVS on there and make it more realistic... :baby:

+1

They were way too late getting the KR's out. With the economy in shambles, they'll have a hard time selling 1000 per year at MSRP. If they had made an '07, you can bet many would have brought $100k plus. Different world today.

Just think what GM must be thinking about the Camaro launch. To say "too little too late" would be a gross understatement.

In Saturday's paper, the local dealer by us advertised that they have SIX Challengers on their lot (at the beginning of winter). This is in a market of 200,000 people.

I recall an interview with CS in a car mag where he said the KR was a gift to the dealers. Also, rumors abound that the 2010 GT500 will have the CAI, producing equivalent HP to the KR. How will this effect KR sales (values) in about a month if true?

I would like to point out a few KR details as have not seen them mentioned

1st the cost of package seems to be a biggie with people and yes it was with myself.

Package cost is a bit misleading @ 35665.00 mostly the only number you will see

to break it down a bit

Package itself is 29,202.00 but that includes enclosed shipping from SA to any dealer in the country

Add the 2100.00 gas guzzler on top and it really raises the price not to mention the difference for dealer profit, ford profit, shelby profit etc

The part I do not understand is why so expensive when the expensive parts like shipping gt500 tires and wheels, air cleaner, brakes, seats etc are most likely sold off by shelby auto for a even bigger profit margin.

Car itself so far to me is incredible and the way normal gt500's should have been in beginning, dont get me wrong I love my gt500 but this is just a lot more car

I plan on doing a whats different between the 2 writeup very soon along with a driving comparison inc video

Archived