TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Canadian Super Snake Insurance

bchorney

OK you other Canadian Super Snake owners, I need some help. My current insurance provider was ok with covering my GT500, but they will not underwrite my car as a Super Snake. They don't do collectable cars and say they have no idea of what to value the car at. So I am coming up to my build hopefully this spring. What companies are insuring your Super Snakes and how are they coming up with the values for your policies? Any help would be appreciated!

Cheers

Brett

OK you other Canadian Super Snake owners, I need some help. My current insurance provider was ok with covering my GT500, but they will not underwrite my car as a Super Snake. They don't do collectable cars and say they have no idea of what to value the car at. So I am coming up to my build hopefully this spring. What companies are insuring your Super Snakes and how are they coming up with the values for your policies? Any help would be appreciated!

Cheers

Brett

Please let me know if you can find someone to insure your SS in Canada. It is a real problem!

Cheers

Brett

I'm insured with RBC (Royal Bank of Canada). They added $30,000 to the value of the car, no pics or documentation needed. If you ever need to make a claim, then you need all the SAI paperwork.

The cost is just under $1,000/yr, after my discounts of about $500.

9,000 kms/year

$2,500 deductible each on comp and collision

Cheers

Brett

I`am sure there are a few insurance agents out there that would love to insure your car.

are you have your SS conversion done By the Canadian rep. SHM?

I`am sure there are a few insurance agents out there that would love to insure your car.

are you have your SS conversion done By the Canadian rep. SHM?

I'll get the insurance, it is just a pain. I have been a customer with them for many years.

No, I am not going with SHM. Woodstock is farther away than Vegas from Calgary. And besides, then I get to go to SAI in Vegas! Dealing with SHM wouldn't really save me anything, because they still deal in $US for the SS Package, plus I believe that Ontario has a provincial sales tax that I would have to pay. If I come across the boarder in Alberta there is only the GST to pay.

I'm insured with RBC (Royal Bank of Canada). They added $30,000 to the value of the car, no pics or documentation needed. If you ever need to make a claim, then you need all the SAI paperwork.

The cost is just under $1,000/yr, after my discounts of about $500.

9,000 kms/year

$2,500 deductible each on comp and collision

Thanks, I'll give them a shout. Did you finally find a winter Car?

Cheers

Brett

Thanks, I'll give them a shout. Did you finally find a winter Car?

Cheers

Brett

Subaru Legacy, PZEV (Partial Zero-Emmission Vehicle). It soothes my guilt feeleings about polluting with the Shelby's. According to Subaru's propaganda, it's cleaner than anything else out there except hybrids and electric.

Power sucks, but that's not why I got it...

Subaru Legacy, PZEV (Partial Zero-Emmission Vehicle). It soothes my guilt feeleings about polluting with the Shelby's. According to Subaru's propaganda, it's cleaner than anything else out there except hybrids and electric.

Power sucks, but that's not why I got it...

Ralph:

Well, a bit of a downer on the HP front. Just think how great the Shelbys will feel once spring hits!!! So much power!! My winter ride is a Lincoln LS, so at least I have V8. Not as much withdrawl.

What the hell is parital zero-emission? I figure it is either zero emmission or not. How partial is it? 99% or 1% partial? Hey, don't feel too bad. These modern Shelbys get much better fuel milage than back in the day and we are no longer burning leaded gasoline! We have made progress. Plus, its not like you are driving them both at the same time!

I'm still waiting for the call. Hopefully early in the spring.

Cheers

Brett

Archived