TEAM SHELBY FORUM

fender stripes

08SGT1188

Whats up with the fender stripes?They look like crap!

The fender stripes have historical significance with Mr. Shelby and his original race cars. They were functional pieces used by the pit crews to identify cars, one from the other. The stripes displayed on the modern cars are a tribute to the original cars. Some like them and put them on their cars. Others do not like them and do not put them on their cars.

Jim

Maybe if he had a little "track time" under his belt instead of his car sitting in the garage all the time, he'd understand :shift:

post-8727-1227149069_thumb.jpg

And YES, that is the 2007 SAI Prototype SGT w/SC (Whipple, I belive) being driven by Gary Patterson in Tulsa last year... So having the "Pit Stripes" make things a whole lot easier to ID which car is which...

Drive Safe!

07SGT0547

post-8727-1227149069_thumb.jpg

Nice grabber. Reminds me of a conversation I had with my wife a few weeks ago. I want to put stripes on my car but dont have the balls and fear Ill mess them up. So I asked if I could pratice with her Explorer and she tells me "hell no, go put them on your mower". I too own a Cub. Now I know what stripes on a Cub look like.

Two Silver stripes across the top might look good though, to match my car.

Archived