TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2010 Mustang

Shelby-Don

Here's a link to some pictures of the 2010 Mustang for those who have not seen them yet. They are interesting not shure if I like all the changes but some look pretty cool. Whats up with the capless fuel fill port ? :headscratch: I would think that this would allow dirt to enter the tank especially for those of us that must occasionally drive on dirt/gravel roads.

Don

Link: http://www.autoblog.com/photos/2010-ford-m...la2008/1163835/

I like it! :drool: I am going to see it at the LA auto show this weekend.. I want to see the back in person.. in pictures it looks weird. Overall, I think they have just refined the 05-09 cars.. while adding a bit more luxury to the inside.

Pricing will be interesting.. there are more and more options.. A GT coupe will eventually be in the mid 30s.. :censored:

2010 ? I like it. The rear end gets some getting used to but, quite a few of the angles I have seen are cool. Interior is class+ . Front end looks nice. The hood is somewhat like the Mustang R's??

The new gold color is awesome. Faux gas cap looks a little too big. I won't be trading my SGT, but I like the new look. It gets my respect.

By the way did anyone see it first on Knight Rider? I did!

What did Iacocca say FOR THE '67 MODEL?

" Change it, but DON'T CHANGE IT." I guess the new FORD stylist had the same direction....

Is it me or does the hood look similiar to the 70's model corvettes? I agree the interior is top grade "A" class design. The exterior should have been design a little better, instead of staying with the same body style I would have loved to see them work a mordern 1969 or 1970 model.

Actually they unveiled it to the public in Santa Monica, CA last night (Tuesday) just ahead of the LA Auto Show. They aired it at 11:00pm (Eastern) last night on Speed. You can see a brief video clip of the unveiling at http://www.fordvehicles.com/the2010mustang/ Click "See the 2010", then "Gallery", then "Videos".

Speed might air it again again... It was only open to the press and VIP's. A folks with a lot of Mustang racing history where there in an airplane hanger and participated in the unveiling... Carroll Shelby, Jack Rousch, Parnelli Jones, etc.

I thought that the addition of the shoulder would make the 2010 more aggresive looking but overall I think (based on the pictures) the 2010 is much less aggresive looking than the 2005-2009. My opinion only... Anyway, I am very pleased with my 07 SGT/SC and won't be getting rid of it any time soon.

I thought that the addition of the shoulder would make the 2010 more aggresive looking but overall I think (based on the pictures) the 2010 is much less aggresive looking than the 2005-2009. My opinion only... Anyway, I am very pleased with my 07 SGT/SC and won't be getting rid of it any time soon.

I agree. I was at the live simulcast of the unveiling here in Houston and I'm still not sure what to think of that design. I've never been a fan of the bulged hood so I immediately didn't like the lines of this one. I like the idea of the shoulder but somehow the taller rear fender just looks more big boned than the current model - more chubby than aggressive. The shark nose of the front end is somewhat reminiscent of the 4th gen Fox body but from straight on it kind of looks like the car is squinting at you because of the narrower grille and lights - which really takes a lot of steam out of the aggressiveness. The trunk looks shorter while the roof line appears to be the same. I would rather have seen the roof line extend back more. As for the rear end, the tail lights make me think that the car is smiling at me; and not the good kind of "I'm going to eat you for breakfast", aggressive kind of smiling but the "will you be my new best friend?" kind of smiling. Despite my dislike for the exterior, the interior looks pretty good. I like the way thy smoothed the line of the center console and I kind of wish my front seats came with silver highlight stripes similar to the ones you can get for the 2010 (available in grabber blue or cashmere). The engine compartment looks like the best improvement of the design over the current. They kept most of the good ideas used on the Bullitt. It looks like the stock GT will actually come with a stut tower brace and CAI. They say it'll have 315 hp like the Bullitt which is only 4 lower than the "stock" SGT, but then again the SGT was built for a road course not a drag strip.

Matt

Archived