TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Build status of my GT500

svtbird91

The car has been "Bucked" ,I think it means it is being built now.

ETA is Nov 14th ! Maybe I'll get it for Thanksgiving, boy will I be thankfull !! Praise the Lord!!

Great news for you ,,,but have faith Ford works in different ways .....now the real waiting begins.....it seems to take for ever , then it arrives.....enjoy the procces. as everyone says its worth the wait.....yet to be seen.

Thanks guys,

It sounds like you are trying to prepare me for a long wait for the actual delivery.

It has already been a long time comming. After I have this baby in my garage ,then I'll share the whole story . It is just short of a miracle that I am able to finally get this car now. Many road blocks along the way mostly by the dealer.

A few more weeks won't be too hard to endure.

I placed a $1000 deposit for this car back in July of 2005 .

Ever since I saw it unvailed at the NYAS in Feb 2005 I 've been trying to aquire it.

Lucky you... I cant get a dealer to talk to me... Well the conversations starts like this "Do you have a Shelby" the answer is "We are sold out and can't get any more" but "If you have 20K over sticker we have 3 in stock" :censored: … Well can you say Challenger Hemi or Vett… Maybe in two years time the GT super car maybe down to 80K…

Thanks guys,

It sounds like you are trying to prepare me for a long wait for the actual delivery.

It has already been a long time comming. After I have this baby in my garage ,then I'll share the whole story . It is just short of a miracle that I am able to finally get this car now. Many road blocks along the way mostly by the dealer.

A few more weeks won't be too hard to endure.

I placed a $1000 deposit for this car back in July of 2005 .

Ever since I saw it unvailed at the NYAS in Feb 2005 I 've been trying to aquire it.

Did you get it for MSRP with only a 1k deposit? I had to put 5k down for mine.

You're right I am very blessed. This dealer agreeed in writing to MSRP way back in July 05 but tried to get out of the deal. It has been a fight ever since then, but persistence has paid off. Until I have this car I don't want to say too much.

If you wait you'll probably be able to get one next year, just keep you're name on many of the dealers lists. The Challenger won't be easy to get either.

Bucked......I think they for got the F..just joking!

Well I called my Dealer about my Grabber Orange coupe and he stated its looks like mayyyyyyyybe the 1st week in Dec. and I put a deposit down in MAY OF 2005! I,am getting mine from a Arizona Dealership.

I guess you get when you get it. I,ll say this I havent even seen a Shelby GT500 on the streets of Phoenix yet , so I,am really not whinning that HEY everybody has gotten their cars. I ,ll say this I have already purchased my upper window scoops and painted them, I got the scoops from Cervinis. I,am also adding the Shelby snake emblem on the scoop. The snake from the fender is plastic and I paid a wholesale price of 35.00 each, here,s a pic of the NOT final product. BillyRay Phx az

post-3364-1161374852_thumb.jpg

post-3364-1161374852_thumb.jpg

Bucked......I think they for got the F..just joking!

Well I called my Dealer about my Grabber Orange coupe and he stated its looks like mayyyyyyyybe the 1st week in Dec. and I put a deposit down in MAY OF 2005! I,am getting mine from a Arizona Dealership.

I guess you get when you get it. I,ll say this I havent even seen a Shelby GT500 on the streets of Phoenix yet , so I,am really not whinning that HEY everybody has gotten their cars. I ,ll say this I have already purchased my upper window scoops and painted them, I got the scoops from Cervinis. I,am also adding the Shelby snake emblem on the scoop. The snake from the fender is plastic and I paid a wholesale price of 35.00 each, here,s a pic of the NOT final product. BillyRay Phx az

Looks like you have been wanting this car since it came out also.

I like the upper window scoops, thought Ford should have put them on along with side scoops. Hope you get yours soon. Love to see it witj those upper scoops on.

I see you have a couple of older GT500s ,awsome.............maybe you could post some pics of them?

Archived