TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Dealer States Clutch TSB not valid

jjcincy

When I went to Dearborn the SVT engineer sat in my car and did a clutch test. He quickly said it was toast and needed repaired per the TSB. He even commented that it was pretty bad and when I asked him about being challenged by the dealership he said, this one is a no brainer and that any mechanic can see it. Well, I took the car in a few weeks ago and told to bring it back to have the shop foreman look. As time went, the car got worse and it failed Grabbers clutch test and I could barely get it in gear at times. I took the car in today and they drove it for 15 miles only to tell me “Your car is a 2008 and not eligible for the TSB”.

I spoke to the Service manager who states that Ford issued 2 special service messages in September that actually supersede the TSB. That though my car exhibits all the symptoms in the TSB, it was written in July and the Special Service Messages say it is normal. I hate to cry and vent, but this is crazy.

Can anyone give me any advice or suggestions. The dealer refuses to help or give me a number of a factory rep so that I can seek assistance. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Read through that thread: post#36,#38

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php...hl=transmission

there are three generation trans.

you can find out about yours by calling (800 fordsvt) and they will let you know. the third transmission went later in 2008 models. so even if your car is 2008 you may have the dreaded trans.

read my post 36

and 38

Please allow me to correct my number i just called tremec at 1 734 546 3770

mine is 8R3Z-7003-AC...(FORD part number)

it mathces TUET 8175 B.(TREMEC part number)

So they do not have to remove the tag just call svt with VIN and that will make your survey easier.

I hope that can help.

Thanks sharabi for the info, I called SVT and he said that I have 7R3Z-7003-N. According to the tech these were used from 10/06-11/07. That was the confusing part,if I understand the linked thread I have the 2nd gen tranny but the dates SVT gave me are 1st gen. The TSB I am trying to get done is the 08-16-4, the clutch drag TSB for the distortion of the flywheel.

Thanks sharabi for the info, I called SVT and he said that I have 7R3Z-7003-N. According to the tech these were used from 10/06-11/07. That was the confusing part,if I understand the linked thread I have the 2nd gen tranny but the dates SVT gave me are 1st gen. The TSB I am trying to get done is the 08-16-4, the clutch drag TSB for the distortion of the flywheel.

i think you may push for a new tranny since the problem has not been solved with the repair and you can request the third gen one .

likely th e fly wheel might of affected the tranny... ..grabber has a thread in the stickies about it.

the spline diameter and the blue lube they differ. so if you can push for a whole unit install from scratch in stead of the itty bitty steps they try to push us into doing.

When I went to Dearborn the SVT engineer sat in my car and did a clutch test. He quickly said it was toast and needed repaired per the TSB. He even commented that it was pretty bad and when I asked him about being challenged by the dealership he said, this one is a no brainer and that any mechanic can see it. Well, I took the car in a few weeks ago and told to bring it back to have the shop foreman look. As time went, the car got worse and it failed Grabbers clutch test and I could barely get it in gear at times. I took the car in today and they drove it for 15 miles only to tell me “Your car is a 2008 and not eligible for the TSB”.

I spoke to the Service manager who states that Ford issued 2 special service messages in September that actually supersede the TSB. That though my car exhibits all the symptoms in the TSB, it was written in July and the Special Service Messages say it is normal. I hate to cry and vent, but this is crazy.

Can anyone give me any advice or suggestions. The dealer refuses to help or give me a number of a factory rep so that I can seek assistance. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Make a stink. Go to the Ford site and open a ticket with customer service. Get in the system. Tell your dealer you want to speak with the local Ford Field Engineer. Once he sees the car - he will tell the dealer to perform the work. I had all the same issues and got the work done - twice.

This site is awesome!! Just to avoid confusion, I think clutch is the issue per the flywheel TSB. Ford has refused to do any work on the car whatsoever. My thinking is that if it gets the "Clutch Drag" TSB done I should be good.

i wish they will fix it once for all and you will be back to enjoy the car...am not sure about the weather though....lol.

I had a problem with a dealership at one point. Since mine was bought out of state I was able to call my selling dealership to see if my VIN had been flagged. It had not. Apparently they don't do that unless you have done a lot of mods and they see you shopping around to get something covered that they think a mod caused and they don't want you to take the mod off and go to another unsuspecting dealership. My advice to you Flounder is just go to another dealership that wants your business. Like I was told by my out of state dealership "we can call the district rep and I know they will have to do it-but you have to ask yourself do you really want them under your hood after that?"

This is turning into Total BS, Ford needs to get their shit together if they ever want to see another dollar from me, I will be needing a new dually truck some day soon and I'm not sure if I can buy another Ford feeling the way I do right now.

How hard is it for them to fix these problems, I bet you could pick any Nascar team and they could fix it "1st time" without any manuals, etc not that I'm that big of fan.

I agree, I am pretty upset with Ford. What is disappointing is that not buying the car will hurt the people at Romeo who built these AWESOME engines and people like Bill (SVT GUY) who has a lot of passion for his job. I made a comment to the Service Manager that this is why Ford is on Capital Hill fighting for their lives (His treating me like dirt). The sad part is, who it will really hurt on the ones that love their jobs and take pride in it. All these people are represented but the dealers and service facilities at Ford that service the car. I realize many dealerships are good, but the service manager argued with everything I said. He even argued with me about what my phone number was and when my car was built. By the way, when I made that comment the service manager simply laughed like he could care less. As someone who loves these cars I have traded PM's or emails with the President of Shelby, the people who run this website, engineer at SVT, a manager at Romeo, and the 2 people that built my engine I trade emails with weekly. Yet, I can not get anyone at Ford to listen to my concerns :(

Sorry for the soapbox, I did not sleep much last night and ironically watched the Senate hearings with the Big 3....

Thanks everyone for the advice and encouragement!!!

I agree, I am pretty upset with Ford. What is disappointing is that not buying the car will hurt the people at Romeo who built these AWESOME engines and people like Bill (SVT GUY) who has a lot of passion for his job. I made a comment to the Service Manager that this is why Ford is on Capital Hill fighting for their lives (His treating me like dirt). The sad part is, who it will really hurt on the ones that love their jobs and take pride in it. All these people are represented but the dealers and service facilities at Ford that service the car. I realize many dealerships are good, but the service manager argued with everything I said. He even argued with me about what my phone number was and when my car was built. By the way, when I made that comment the service manager simply laughed like he could care less. As someone who loves these cars I have traded PM's or emails with the President of Shelby, the people who run this website, engineer at SVT, a manager at Romeo, and the 2 people that built my engine I trade emails with weekly. Yet, I can not get anyone at Ford to listen to my concerns :(

Sorry for the soapbox, I did not sleep much last night and ironically watched the Senate hearings with the Big 3....

Thanks everyone for the advice and encouragement!!!

i feel bad for your unpleasant experience...i will recommend to try different dealership....as you said before there are good people still out there.

Just an update - We got some snow and ice Friday so I did not take the car in. I did go and talk to the GM and brought all my documentation. He wants me to being the car in again Monday or Tuesday to take another look. I spoke to Bill (Engineer at SVT who made the flywheel, what a terrific person) Thursday night for almost an hour about the issue along with some friends at other non Ford dealerships, so felt very prepared. One thing I discovered was that some dealerships are not "auto-authorized" to do warranty work. As a result, this dealers really push back, this is typically due to a "shady past" or previous abuse of the system. When I met with the GM I showed him pictures of Bill sitting in my car and verifying the issue. I also explained the Hiss and that I should be able to put the car in 1st or reverse as soon as pressing in the clutch rather than counting to 3 before I can get it into gear. He pushed back a bit, but when he saw the pictures of Bill and understood his role in the GT500 project he looked a bit surprised. His reply was that the Service manager must have had a bad day. Anyhow, we all get together for a meeting Monday or Tuesday to discuss the entire issue. -_-

Just an update - We got some snow and ice Friday so I did not take the car in. I did go and talk to the GM and brought all my documentation. He wants me to being the car in again Monday or Tuesday to take another look. I spoke to Bill (Engineer at SVT who made the flywheel, what a terrific person) Thursday night for almost an hour about the issue along with some friends at other non Ford dealerships, so felt very prepared. One thing I discovered was that some dealerships are not "auto-authorized" to do warranty work. As a result, this dealers really push back, this is typically due to a "shady past" or previous abuse of the system. When I met with the GM I showed him pictures of Bill sitting in my car and verifying the issue. I also explained the Hiss and that I should be able to put the car in 1st or reverse as soon as pressing in the clutch rather than counting to 3 before I can get it into gear. He pushed back a bit, but when he saw the pictures of Bill and understood his role in the GT500 project he looked a bit surprised. His reply was that the Service manager must have had a bad day. Anyhow, we all get together for a meeting Monday or Tuesday to discuss the entire issue. -_-

Sounds like things are progressing in the right direction. Keep up the fight.

(I still don't have my Shelby back yet.)

Is he a master tech?....it did not sound like it but i might of missed something between the lines...i would not let any one less than a master tech touches my car. even for my oil change i had that arranged.

I spoke to Bill (Engineer at SVT who made the flywheel, what a terrific person) Thursday night for almost an hour about the issue.

When I met with the GM I showed him pictures of Bill sitting in my car and verifying the issue.

He pushed back a bit, but when he saw the pictures of Bill and understood his role in the GT500 project he looked a bit surprised.

I'm very glad to hear that you were able to make contact with Bill. Here's a couple more pic's for your GM.

th_Dearborn2008006.jpg

th_Dearborn2008009.jpg

th_Dearborn2008010.jpg

th_Dearborn2008336.jpg

The person who does the work is a master tech. I saw on another thread mention of "Manual Trans Master Tech". Is this a true Ford title, if so what is the difference I wonder as far as training end experience.

The title that they put on the card that is the top ranking is "Senior Master Technician". They need a certian amount of training and that takes years to get the title "Senior".

The Tech's go through a "Masters" training program to get to that qualification.

Check this card out.

th_Misc2files007.jpg

Thanks Grabber, I had a few of those printed from the Dearborn thread :):):) I know there is a video of Bill sitting in my car and talking to me if needed also.

I would like to see that video.

Here's a pic of Bill hanging out with us in the parking lot and one of Bill and me.

I heard from Bill the other day. He's doing great things at Hyndai now.

th_Dearborn2008158.jpg

th_Dearborn2008217.jpg

I believe "Just Tony" was who had the video recorder, I actually have not seen the video. He was rolling the tape for me when Bill sat in the car and did his test :) I actually was joking with him to record for me in case the dealer gave me a hassle.

Not to hijack my own thread, but I do question Ford when I hear the knowledge and enthusiasm that Bill has. Engineers like that are hard to find, I am glad he is happy with his new company. Ford's loss is their gain...

So I went to the dealer today and one of the techs sat in my car as I pressed in the clutch and struggled to get the car in 1st or reverse. I explained that due to the clutch drag, it is causing the synchros to bump. He then sat in a new GT500 and said it did the same thing. Now I admit, the new car did have a slight bump, but nothing compared to my car. The car was cold, I sat and waited for almost 2 hours at the dealership, so you could not hear the hiss as much as normal . At that point he admitted now knowing the GT500 all to well, the next step is he is calling the field engineer to meet me at the dealership. The Service manager did make a smart a** remark about, "...well if it was as big of an issue as you say don't you think Ford would recall it". As sort of smiled and said, 99% of Team Shelby members recommend a recall and gave him the URL.

In the mean time I am going to another dealership since I have a few days off. If all else fails, I will give my 2 year old a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and he can go check out the 4 GT500's and 2 GT500KR's at the dealership with his sloppy hands :lol::lol:

Archived