TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Installing the TSB Tranny syncros and input shaft

Grabber

Thanks Grabber. Looks complicated. I think this link needs to be...

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php...amp;showfile=56

It's very complex and only a qualified Transmission Mech should be touching these trannys. It takes alot of very special tranny tools to do the job as well.

I fixed the link....thanks.

Wonder if my tech read all of these ???

If your having tranny problems after the work, I'm sure 2 things happened.

1. The Tech was not qualified to do the work.

2. He did not read or understand the instructions.

If your having tranny problems after the work, I'm sure 2 things happened.

1. The Tech was not qualified to do the work.

2. He did not read or understand the instructions.

Grabber

the senior master tech @ Vanc Ford has had trans out of my vert for the 4th time and they have had it for appx 5 wk and the trans is in pieces on the bench today. I want a new trans complete but FORD says NO. Is it time to scream lemon????????? I wonder how much it will cost me???????

Chuck

Grabber

the senior master tech @ Vanc Ford has had trans out of my vert for the 4th time and they have had it for appx 5 wk and the trans is in pieces on the bench today. I want a new trans complete but FORD says NO. Is it time to scream lemon????????? I wonder how much it will cost me???????

Chuck

What are they saying the problem is?

What is the Tech's first name?

What are they saying the problem is?

What is the Tech's first name?

You know Dan real well..Don't get me wrong, I like Dan also--he is very concerned and

conscientious and the same goes for Dewayne the service writer. Vanc Ford has went

out of their way to protect my gt 500 while in their shop. My problem is not with Vanc

Ford but with Ford Motor Co and their attitude.

It went in for the clutch/flywheel/grinding in 2nd gear TSB--complete TSB done==got

down the road 2 mi and 2nd gear howl (maybe had a wolf,s tail stuck in 2nd)(ha-ha).

out comes the trans and replaced 2nd gear and boken 5th gear===got 4 mi down the

road and starts grinding going into 4th gear @ 35 to 40 mph===out comes the trans

again,==replaced 4th gear syncros===down the road again== 4 mi and grinding into

4th again==out comes the trans and is in pieces on the bench now

Sugested a new trans instead of trying to repair the old one (after all it does have 3k

miles on it). They thought it was a good idea and sugested I call Ford with the request

and I saw where they did the same on their w/o to Ford. Going to call Ford again this

am and request to talk to a diff customer relation person. Who knows how to talk

sense to them????????

Archived