TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Message from Pirate Grafixx

DubbsFaris

Please forward this message to www.teamshelby.com and Shelby Bullrun participants, that we are sorry to inform you that Pirate Grafixx will not be reproducing any of the Shelby/Ford graphics from the Shelby Bullrun event. We have been informed by Andrew Duncan< andrew@bullrun.com and Jesse McDonald < jessemcdonald28@yahoo.com that participants can not duplicate or reproduce their Shelby/Ford graphics due to trademark rights, for any type of damages that accrued during the Shelby Bullrun. Sorry for any misunderstadings this may have caused. Thank you www.Pirategrafixx.com

Well, Im glad I ordered when I did...looks like I'll be storing these instead of putting them on. :censored:

hmm, I won't give any of my opinions on this matter...

I ran into this when I was trying to get a set of the fender stripes for my new SGT. I was told that the Terlingua stripes were limited edition and copy righted - i.e. there weren't any left and I could have another set made. I understand where they're coming from but it is frustrating. So instead of trying to get a set of stripes that a hundred other cars were given, I decided to have a set custom made with an emblem that I chose. I found a great peice of nose art used on a couple of P-51 Mustangs during WWII. I'm having that emblem printed on some vinyl stripes for me. As for the sponsor decals, if you really want them for your car (like I do), most companies that deal with auto racing have decals that they'll send you for free - it's nothing but free advertising for them. All you have to decide is which companues you'd like to "endorse". I have a SAi-12 helmet from HJC Motorsports that I really like (just wish I had it on for the rally) so I don't mind giving them a little bill board room on my car. I know people on this forum have expressed a distaste for giving companies free adveritising like this, but if you want a race car look for your Shelby, you might as well be the one that picks the companies you have decals for.

Matt

I knew I should have gotten an extra set sooner. I had two sponser decals sitting on my windshield waiting for the bullrun people to install them I came back a couple hours later the decals hadn't been installed yet and someone had stolen one of my sponsor decals thats why my car only had the sponsors decal on the drivers side. Thank GOD Chris from bullrun had an extra one stashed and gave me later. I just want to say to whoever stole the one sponser decal off my windshield that your kind of rotten and its not cool or nice to steal from other team members or anybody for that matter. :headscratch:

I knew I should have gotten an extra set sooner. I had two sponser decals sitting on my windshield waiting for the bullrun people to install them I came back a couple hours later the decals hadn't been installed yet and someone had stolen one of my sponsor decals thats why my car only had the sponsors decal on the drivers side. Thank GOD Chris from bullrun had an extra one stashed and gave me later. I just want to say to whoever stole the one sponser decal off my windshield that your kind of rotten and its not cool or nice to steal from other team members or anybody for that matter. :headscratch:

Chad,

Mean people suck... :shift:

Stuart

Aww man...I know that I did not drive my car in the Terlingua Bull run but because I got there late (wife had a fianal for school)I never got any decals for my car, granted I was given one # decal and one bunny decal to put on my rental mustang but they ran out of extra decals when I asked for some so I may place them on my own SGT. What a bummer, I was wondering who made the decals. Well, I guess I will always have memories :cry: ....so, SAI how can I go about getting a set?

• 2 weeks later...

I have a set I can duplicate if it helps...but Im not going to undermine Shelby to do it....Robert, let me know if I can be of assistance, but Im sure an authorized request will be honored by Pirate Grafixx.

My car is rocked chipped to beat HELLLP (thanks chuck) I am debating on repairing it or just leaving it. I keep thinking if I leave it, it might add value to the car 20 years from now and if I did repair everything I would leave the chipped up hood scope alone for memories. If I did repair it I would definitely want to replace all the decals and stripes the car looks way better with the markings than a stock looking SGT. I feel that anybody that participated at Terlingua should be able to get ONE extra set mounted to magnents and of course we should pay the $180.00 that Pirrate graffix charges. I really feel that Bullrun and teamshelby should authorize this. Of course anybody who did not go to the event are SOL...

Archived