TEAM SHELBY FORUM

11" Alcoa Wheels Update!!!!

Hi all!!!!

Sorry I was a day late with the news, but here you go :)

The last test we did passed. The wheels will be made!!!!!!!

Now, here is some info that is kind of important to know..........................

1. The wheels have to be made now---time frame? It could take a month or two, but they will be made :happy feet:

2. The wheels will have the Super Snake markings on them. That means they are exclusive to the SS. If your car is in the shop when we have the wheels, you will then have the option of either the 10's or the 11's. If you choose the 11's, there will be a price difference between the 2 wheels and a price difference in the tires. As soon as I get the pricing, I will let you all know.

3. If you do choose to go with the 11's, you do not get the set of 10's with it. It will be one or the other. Also, if you decide to purchase the 11's, you will have to send us the 10's back. Again, these are going to be exclusive to the SS. We can not have extra SS wheels floating around :)

4. If you do choose the 11's, the rear brake duct will NOT fit and they will not be added onto the vehicle. Will the brake ducts still go with the car? I am not sure. I still have to find that one out.

5. Will there be "stock" 11" Alcoa's? That is a good question and we are working on it. We had to choose one or the other first and we choose to do the SS wheels at this time.

As soon as I know when they will hit, I will let everybody know again. Folks, they are coming, but it will take just a little more time to get them made and sent to us.

I hope this is good news to all!!!!!!! :happy feet:

Thanks!!!!

Bud

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is great news! I just got the call from Cynthia to bring my 08 GT500 in to Vegas for the SS.

With the holidays approaching and scheduling transportation, I told her that I will be dropping off my car first week of January.

I have two questions.

1. Will the new 11" rims be available by January 2009?

and not to sound greedy.

2. What's the status of the upgraded Rear Brakes in colors?

That is great news! I just got the call from Cynthia to bring my 08 GT500 in to Vegas for the SS.

With the holidays approaching and scheduling transportation, I told her that I will be dropping off my car first week of January.

I have two questions.

1. Will the new 11" rims be available by January 2009?

and not to sound greedy.

2. What's the status of the upgraded Rear Brakes in colors?

dbackg,

What is your CSM# and deposit date? I'm an "08" also so just want to see where they are at.

Congrats........... :happy feet:

Thank you.......

Scott

Hi all!!!!

Now, here is some info that is kind of important to know..........................

1. The wheels have to be made now---time frame? It could take a month or two, but they will be made :happy feet:

2. The wheels will have the Super Snake markings on them. That means they are exclusive to the SS. If your car is in the shop when we have the wheels, you will then have the option of either the 10's or the 11's. If you choose the 11's, there will be a price difference between the 2 wheels and a price difference in the tires. As soon as I get the pricing, I will let you all know.

3. If you do choose to go with the 11's, you do not get the set of 10's with it. It will be one or the other. Also, if you decide to purchase the 11's, you will have to send us the 10's back. Again, these are going to be exclusive to the SS. We can not have extra SS wheels floating around :)

4. If you do choose the 11's, the rear brake duct will NOT fit and they will not be added onto the vehicle. Will the brake ducts still go with the car? I am not sure. I still have to find that one out.

5. Will there be "stock" 11" Alcoa's? That is a good question and we are working on it. We had to choose one or the other first and we choose to do the SS wheels at this time.

As soon as I know when they will hit, I will let everybody know again. Folks, they are coming, but it will take just a little more time to get them made and sent to us.

Thanks!!!!

Bud

Bud you mention in your thread, point number 3..."that we have to send the 10's back"...ok...but, will we get a credit on them if the wheels and tires are in excellent condition.....

Thank you in advance.....

Alexandros

Can the 10" rear rims move to the front, use the 11" on the rear and return the 9's? Also can the exchange be made at the Mod shop where we had our cars built?

Hi all!!!!

Thanks!!!!

Bud

Since nobody asked. What tires are planned for the Alcoa 11"?

You beat me to that question!! LOL Yea Bud, you forgot to mention what size and brand tires were tested to best work with the 11" wheels!! I'm sure in your excitement to tell us about the status of the wheels that this tid bit of info. was lost in the shuffle. :doh: BTW, hope all is well with you and the Mrs. and keep up the good work..............Barry

Since nobody asked. What tires are planned for the Alcoa 11"?

You beat me to that question!! LOL Yea Bud, you forgot to mention what size and brand tires were tested to best work with the 11" wheels!! I'm sure in your excitement to tell us about the status of the wheels that this tid bit of info. was lost in the shuffle. :doh: BTW, hope all is well with you and the Mrs. and keep up the good work..............Barry

305's are being put on the rims from what I was told.

Hi all!!!!

Thanks!!!!

Bud

I am ready when you are. I want a set. CSM#07SS0022. Mike :happy feet:

Hi all!!!!

Thanks!!!!

Bud

Great news Bud!!! We appreciate what you do! Thanks for the good news!

Bud, won't it be easier to just offer the 11" Alcoa thru SPP with out the SS logo? This keep the SS package as is and the SS owners won't have to bare the cost to have the tires removed from the current 10" Alcoa and shipped back to SAI. SAI won't have to worry about the 10" SS Alcoa wheel because the SS owners will want to keep them because they are part of the original package. Plus SAI won't have to hold hundred's of pairs of 10" SS wheels. I think SAI/SPP would sell more 11" wheels this way. Just a thought.

Hi all!!!!!

I "may" have some more info on Monday. We have our meetings on Monday morning and I have a few suggestions. It may be great for all. After our Monday meeting, I will post and let you know what may or may not change. If I have it my way ;) you all may be happy :happy feet: shhhhhhh till Monday!!!! :lurk:

Bud

Hi all!!!!!

I "may" have some more info on Monday. We have our meetings on Monday morning and I have a few suggestions. It may be great for all. After our Monday meeting, I will post and let you know what may or may not change. If I have it my way ;) you all may be happy :happy feet: shhhhhhh till Monday!!!! :lurk:

Bud

Thanks Bud. Your doing a great job.

Dan

Archived