TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2010 Ford Mustang Gallery: Official Photos, Specs.

robertlane

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think I just puked in my mouth a little.......

Are you serious???? What gen stang is THAT rear end of???? Can anyone say Capri???

Well, this just solidifies for me that I now own one of the last great Mustang body styles.

I've gotta go rinse....

You nailed it....CAPRI..hahhahaaa. I knew the back end looked familiar.

Wow that is one UGLY car! Epic fail! They think this car looks good enough to be shown to the public with a Mustang badge on it? :hysterical::hysterical2:

Still no IRS? C'mon Ford this is 2008, get with the program. And the rear end? What were they thinking. The first thing you will have to do to the car is get a new rear bumper. It looks like they forgot to take off some of the camo cladding. 35 pounds heavier? We're going in the wrong direction here. :headscratch:

I was really eager to have Grabber Blue come back, but on this car it makes it look very cheap and unfinished.

I am VERY disappointed. I won't be getting one of these. I am a huge Ford fan and won't own anything other than a Ford, but I have to say I would rather spend my money on a new Camaro. :cry:

I hate to say it, but I don't think that the 2010 Mustang styling is going to be received as well as Ford would hope by the media or the public.

ooh not so much. I do like the grabber blue, just needs some black mach or boss stripes. I believe the capri rear is correct, the front kindof resembles the camaro, and the quarter windows still look out of place to me. I still think the quarter windows should have been moved forward and looked more like the 69-70. The interior is growing on me, however, I dont believe ill be going out tomorrow and pre-ordering one. JMO

The only element I like that I wish we had are the hips. I've also always thought the rear quarter faux scoop should have the top incorporated into the crease and brought forward. That is still missing. The top crease from the fender to the quarter is more pronounced, but it doesn't look like it's worked into the scoop. Missed opportunity.

Guest markham51
You guys are in denial. The new Mustang is sweeet!!!! :yahoo:

+1,000,000,000

I think it looks awesome! You have to check out the Autoblog post by Ssss. It shows the colours I like (not the grabber blue)

There are enough changes that I will definitely own one of these babies. :wub: I don't like the grabber blue even 1pct. Overall, nice job Ford. You have improved the things you needed to improve (excl engine of course) and made it more modern in time to compete with the Camaro.

The only element I like that I wish we had are the hips. I've also always thought the rear quarter faux scoop should have the top incorporated into the crease and brought forward. That is still missing. The top crease from the fender to the quarter is more pronounced, but it doesn't look like it's worked into the scoop. Missed opportunity.

I agree with FLYBOY....The hips is all I like about this model.

The front SUX.

The rear SUX

The dash SUX.....The white speedo and tack I do like.

The only good thing about this model......it's going to make ours even more popular.

The base mustang looks better than the GT. Those fog lights need to be optional . The mirrors look better. Since 2005 the 4.6 has not gained any HP. A 15 hp gain sucks we need 60 hp not 15. Ford get off your lazy butt and give us what we want. If Asian car co's are getting 385hp out of a 4.6 why can't we? This SUCKS. And enought with the supercharging everything.

Over all they did improve on the design, looks less retro . Two years from now retro will be yesterdays news.

Have to see it in person. But why has it gained 35 lbs ? Since 2005 the 4.6 has not gained any HP. A 15 hp gain sucks we need 60 hp not 15. Ford get off your lazy butt and give us what we want. If Asian car co's are getting 385hp out of a 4.6 why can't we? This SUCKS

I agree.

The new Mustang is interesting. I actually like some of what they have done with the new design. I am really waiting to see what offerings Shelby is going to do with it. Then and only then will I have a final opinion on the design. I don't plan to purchase a Ford Mustang anyway... I am interested in a SHELBY Mustang.

The new Mustang is interesting. I actually like some of what they have done with the new design. I am really waiting to see what offerings Shelby is going to do with it. Then and only then will I have a final opinion on the design. I don't plan to purchase a Ford Mustang anyway... I am interested in a SHELBY Mustang.

Yeah lets hope they lower that REAR END on the new ones.

After seeing all the spy shots for months, I didn't think I'd like the new style. After seeing these pics, I'm starting to come around, although I'll reserve final judgment until I see it in person.

I didn't think I'd like the hips or the new hood line, but after seeing the many angles in the new shots, it looks like they've captured the best of the '69/'70 style. With a front quarter view, I love how the front fender top crease, into the door, and into the hip resembles (to me) a properly proportioned, smaller '73 body style - which I've always hated!

I really think the curves and hips flows well. It looks like a very balanced design - but then again, so does ours!

I like how the previous-gen 'Stang went from curvy (SN95) to edgy (New Edge), while now we went from edgy to curvy! I think ours looks more muscular, and I still can't believe the Cobra's on the wrong side! (Hopefully that's a prototype thing they'll change for production.)

Can't wait 'til the local dealer has one on the lot! No matter how much I like it, however, my '07 will remain firmly in my stable.

I think Ford has missed the mark on the performance level -

The Challenger/Camaro V-6 output is close to 275 - 300 hp, V-8 close to 375 - 400.

The Mustang will get raped by the car mags in head to head comparisons at 210/315hp.

Ford needed to trim the weight, and increase the performance with the new body style intro. They should have waited until the usual '10 release dates if they needed time to get it right.

I think Ford has missed the mark on the performance level -

The Challenger/Camaro V-6 output is close to 275 - 300 hp, V-8 close to 375 - 400.

The Mustang will get raped by the car mags in head to head comparisons at 210/315hp.

Ford needed to trim the weight, and increase the performance with the new body style intro. They should have waited until the usual '10 release dates if they needed time to get it right.

I think your right this will hurt their sales . JMO

Archived