TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Is this a good Starting Point??

TClark1976

So - I have been seeing pictures of the CS6s and CS8s that have been posted here. They have prompted me to begin the search for a good starting point for a CS8 Turn1 or Turn2. So - since I've been looking, I basically had this car appear out of thin air.

Bone Stock "In the wrapper" as they told me at the dealership. . . . they weren't lying either. This car is clean!!

-----

2006 Mustang GT Premium

Odometer: 12,575

Black with Black Leather - 5spd . . . . :drool:

Interior Upgrade Package

Satin Aluminum Dash Panel

Shaker500

-----

If I told you I got this car for a ridiculous deal, (a couple thousand more than you'd pay for the Turn2 kit itself)

Would you say this was a good starting point for a CS8 Turn2 ??????

I'm really excited about the prospect of starting the CS8 Turn2 project with this car!! Do any of you have any thoughts/input on this????

Trevor

Plan, draw out, and blue print how you want the car to look and perform.

Then find a great shop that is willing to work for you and not along with you.

Know what you want and enforce it.

Basically in simple words

"Dream it, Build it"

This is a great place to start. Keep in mind that if you want a CSM # the modifications need to be made by an official "Shelby Mod shop". If you do it yourself or have another shop build it, you can still get a dash plaque (if you order the whole kit) but you won't be issued a CSM number. I originally thought I would be getting a CSM number but lost out on that as the program developed. Oh well! :cry: It's still a Shelby! :yahoo: Enjoy the adventure.

Plan, draw out, and blue print how you want the car to look and perform.

Then find a great shop that is willing to work for you and not along with you.

Know what you want and enforce it.

Basically in simple words

"Dream it, Build it"

This is what i've been doing so far. I'm glad I haven't actually done any modifications, because my plans changed from the first time around. I've got them all worked out now.

:cry: Well, for the $$$ I paid for it and the fact that someone turned around and offered me a sweet deal to buy it. . . . I couldn't turn down the chance to sell it. Somethings came up and pushed everything back on this project. Had to let the car go. I'm crushed right now because that car was perfect!

This leads me to some other questions and still allows for more research prior to spending the coin on the CS8 Turn 2 kit.

1) Of those that are here on the stie - what colors have been built/converted into CS6 and CS8 cars?

2) I've seen white/gold stripes, VB/silver stripes, Redfire Met/Silver stripes, Black/Silver Stripes, Tungsten/Silver stripes. . . . . .

- Has anyone thought about Grabber Orange or Screamin' Yellow??? Those two colors are starting to look more and more intersting!

3) What kind of reactions do you folks get with these cars? I mean - those that have them - they're like "One-of-a-kind" in your area - right?

Thanks for all the support in this!

Trevor

:cry: Well, for the $$$ I paid for it and the fact that someone turned around and offered me a sweet deal to buy it. . . . I couldn't turn down the chance to sell it. Somethings came up and pushed everything back on this project. Had to let the car go. I'm crushed right now because that car was perfect!

This leads me to some other questions and still allows for more research prior to spending the coin on the CS8 Turn 2 kit.

1) Of those that are here on the stie - what colors have been built/converted into CS6 and CS8 cars?

2) I've seen white/gold stripes, VB/silver stripes, Redfire Met/Silver stripes, Black/Silver Stripes, Tungsten/Silver stripes. . . . . .

- Has anyone thought about Grabber Orange or Screamin' Yellow??? Those two colors are starting to look more and more intersting!

3) What kind of reactions do you folks get with these cars? I mean - those that have them - they're like "One-of-a-kind" in your area - right?

Thanks for all the support in this!

Trevor

My CS6 is Legend Lime,The -X is for the brand of supercharger I went with (X-Charger) it's an Eaton M90.

I've got nothing but compliments (and 1st place trophies) since my build.

Archived