Paid MSRP - $42,750 (My Fault)

K/B 2.6L sc - 7,500 (installed)

SLP loud mouth axle back - $300

Gauges & pod - $500

Gt 500 spoiler - $275

Strut brace - $150

Wheels & tires - $1,800

Planned Mods

Livernois short block (forged) - $5,100 (shipped)

Engine removal, build short block using my heads, timing assembly, oil pan, oil pump, reinstall engine and sc, tune, long tube headers - $4,500

Painted stripes - $1,600 (not my fault)

Pulley for sc (have not checked yet)

Total $64,475

Not complaining every penny was and will be my choice, just wanted some opinions and maybe a reality check before I go for the shortblock upgrade, the painted stripes are a done deal, I want that mess taken care of.

Jeff

post-21350-1226846691_thumb.jpg

post-21350-1226846691_thumb.jpg

I've spent a ton as well..... But to spend another 10g's for another engine and install and as much as I have been thinking about doing it, don't know if I can do it.

If I blew the motor I would and it would give me a reason to. I would trade mine first and get an 09GT500 at the end of next year before I put down 10g's.

I noticed you didn't mention having any brakes in your set up, do you? Having a S/C, you got to be able to stop that thing.

I've spent a ton as well..... But to spend another 10g's for another engine and install and as much as I have been thinking about doing it, don't know if I can do it.

If I blew the motor I would and it would give me a reason to. I would trade mine first and get an 09GT500 at the end of next year before I put down 10g's.

I noticed you didn't mention having any brakes in your set up, do you? Having a S/C, you got to be able to stop that thing.

Yeah, I just didn't want to add to the total. It looks bad enough without brakes, control arms, driveshaft, gears etc... It's like someone said in another post [it's an expensive hobby and if you want to play you gotta pay] and your right about the brakes, didn't pay much attention to them until after the sc and they need to be upgraded.

Jeff

Yeah, I just didn't want to add to the total. It looks bad enough without brakes, control arms, driveshaft, gears etc... It's like someone said in another post [it's an expensive hobby and if you want to play you gotta pay] and your right about the brakes, didn't pay much attention to them until after the sc and they need to be upgraded.

Jeff

Yes. The brakes were the first thing I did.

I don't know... $64k and you're close to the 600hp Super Snake.

My .02

Dan

First, your car will be unbelievable. My compliments to you on what you are choosing to do. But the best part is that I can show my wife your post and I will look golden by comparison. I can tell her, "See, with what I have done to the car I have just been fooling around. This guy is serious!" Keep us posted as you put your car together.

Jim

Im not going to put no money into my Shelby. I have a racecar that cost less then the upgrades. But I don't have a.c. or a radio,and I burn more fuel in 7 seconds and have a ton of maintance to do after one run. This all started with a 15 second car, then I learned its cheaper to buy one already done for half the price!

Im not going to put no money into my Shelby. I have a racecar that cost less then the upgrades. But I don't have a.c. or a radio,and I burn more fuel in 7 seconds and have a ton of maintance to do after one run. This all started with a 15 second car, then I learned its cheaper to buy one already done for half the price!

Jimmy,

Whch came first, the Hooters girls or the SGT?? :confused: If I showed up at home with Hooters girls :happy feet: because of my SGT, I'm afraid cost of the divorce caused by the car would beat any mod you could add to it. The dollars would be of epic proportions :hysterical:

Gentlemen,

I'm definitely in the hunt for this title. I purchased my 2007 Shelby GT early on and paid MSRP for it. Money spent modifying these cars must be viewed as an entertainment expense as our mods add little to nothing to the resale value of our Shelbys. The closer to stock they are, the more money they will generally bring. Armed with that knowledge I forge ahead spending money willy-nilly modifying my Shelby GT. Perhaps I should find a cheaper hobby, like smoking crystal meth. Oh well, in 50 years we'll all be dead and it won't make any difference. I intend to enjoy my time on the top side of the grass and I can legitimately say that I've never had an automobile I enjoyed more than my Shelby GT.

Chip

Archived