TEAM SHELBY FORUM

The waiting game

cloud9

I had my name switched from the waiting list for the Cobra to the Shelby GT and am sitting 4th. The dealer said he thought I would have no problem getting one ordered (at MSRP) as soon as they pass EPA and can take orders. :bandance:

Great job, the more the merrier. I and a friend are 1st and 2nd but sadly no news for Canada yet.

I had my name switched from the waiting list for the Cobra to the Shelby GT and am sitting 4th. The dealer said he thought I would have no problem getting one ordered (at MSRP) as soon as they pass EPA and can take orders. :bandance:

It is funny how most of these dealers will not write up a contract for a car that they do not have. I believe the hidden reason behind this is that they do not want to commit to a price. They want the flexibility of seeing what the market is doing so they can adjust accordingly. ADM . Did you ask him if you could get this in writing, and willing to give him a down payment ? There are many things you can write in the contract to protect you if they do not get the car so you can protect your down payment. :rockon:

It is funny how most of these dealers will not write up a contract for a car that they do not have. I believe the hidden reason behind this is that they do not want to commit to a price. They want the flexibility of seeing what the market is doing so they can adjust accordingly. ADM . Did you ask him if you could get this in writing, and willing to give him a down payment ? There are many things you can write in the contract to protect you if they do not get the car so you can protect your down payment. :rockon:

We have a deposit already but without any news for Canada he will not commit to anything on paper, we also have on paper a GT500 at MSRP.

Had $500 down on the GT500 so they just transferred it to the GT. I know one of the guys that got one of their 3 GT500s and he paid MSRP per their verbal commitment and was first on the list. The salesperson I'm dealing with has been there 28 years and he said they have never charged an ADM and he doesn't see them changing their philosophy now. They didn't on the T-Bird either when it was initially hot. I have no reason to doubt him. :shrug:

Had $500 down on the GT500 so they just transferred it to the GT. I know one of the guys that got one of their 3 GT500s and he paid MSRP per their verbal commitment and was first on the list. The salesperson I'm dealing with has been there 28 years and he said they have never charged an ADM and he doesn't see them changing their philosophy now. They didn't on the T-Bird either when it was initially hot. I have no reason to doubt him. :shrug:

For me - Good business is a rock solid contract. Helps me sleep at night. If the dealer is so trust worthy, they should not have any problem writing it down! Protect your position. ;)

For me - Good business is a rock solid contract. Helps me sleep at night. If the dealer is so trust worthy, they should not have any problem writing it down! Protect your position. ;)

What I find funny is the Shelby GT was going to go on sale in January 2007 but nothing yet as far as news except the unveiling. I am not sure if that time line is a reality any more.

Probably the difference between living on the coast and the Midwest. People's word still means a lot where I live. Most of us aren't willing to lose it's value over 5 or 10k. It's a small enough market that if they did pull something, they would lose my fleet business and my friends/relatives business. It's just a car, so I doubt I'll lose any sleep in the unlikely event they screw me. :cry:

Probably the difference between living on the coast and the Midwest. People's word still means a lot where I live. Most of us aren't willing to lose it's value over 5 or 10k. It's a small enough market that if they did pull something, they would lose my fleet business and my friends/relatives business. It's just a car, so I doubt I'll lose any sleep in the unlikely event they screw me. :cry:

If the word of mouth and verbal contract works for you, great. That program usually does'nt work in the big city. Good luck on getting your car.

Oh ya - just a car to me, is a Honda civic. :shades:

If the word of mouth and verbal contract works for you, great. That program usually does'nt work in the big city. Good luck on getting your car.

Oh ya - just a car to me, is a Honda civic. :shades:

That's the difference Rob, some people do only look at a car as transportation. And i do agree with you.

Guys, if I remember correctly, she indicated close to the end of November for concrete pricing & options, so she's not late yet! FWIW, FoMoCo did not have ordering or pricing info the day the order banks opened for the GT500, or history would be different and I would have one in my garage right now. :banghead:

Guys, if I remember correctly, she indicated close to the end of November for concrete pricing & options, so she's not late yet! FWIW, FoMoCo did not have ordering or pricing info the day the order banks opened for the GT500, or history would be different and I would have one in my garage right now. :banghead:

The ordering system is now open to place orders by the dealers for the Shelby GT

Amy

AmyB I live in Canada and we have not heard anything yet. Do you know if this applies to Canadian order banks as well?

This is a ford thing, ask your dealership to call your rep at ford, I don't know...sorry

Amy

I have received this e-mail from Hertz a few minutes ago.

My chances are low on getting one...

Martin.

- - - - - -

Previously you expressed an interest in the potential purchase of a Hertz Shelby GT-H Mustang. As you may be aware, Hertz and Shelby developed this limited edition vehicle for inclusion in our rental fleet as part of the Hertz Fun Collection. As the time approaches for some of these vehicles to be removed from our rental fleet and sold, we would like to advise you of our sale plans.

Under our original agreement with The Ford Motor Company for the purchase of these vehicles we committed to offering Ford Dealers the first opportunity to re-purchase the GT-H’s when they come out of our rental fleet. The vehicles will be offered to Ford Dealers in an auction environment. There will be no discount for Dealers, the vehicle will be sold at market rates and any dealer may bid on a predetermined number of vehicles. Within the next few weeks the first five vehicles will be auctioned in the Pittsburgh area. Over the next several months the remaining vehicles will be retired from our fleet and offered at Dealer only auctions throughout the country.

At this point we do not have an indication of how much dealer interest there will be in the vehicle, therefore, we can not advise you if any vehicles will be available for sale from Hertz directly to the general public. That said, you may want to consider approaching your local Ford Dealer and request information about purchasing a vehicle from them. By expressing interest to your Dealer, they in turn can bid on a vehicle on your behalf. Any dealer premium or mark-up would be negotiated between you and the dealer, Hertz would not be involved in that transaction.

Should a vehicle become available for you to purchase directly from Hertz you will be notified of the location of the vehicle and the price. You will not be under any obligation to purchase a vehicle if notified of availability.

We appreciate your interest in the Hertz Shelby GT-H!!

This was the announced plan all along. Why does this reduce your ability to get one? I suspect that the first few (that are auction-purchased) the dealers will be asking an arm & a leg, but I also suspect that the bottom will fall out pretty quickly. My advice would be to do exactly what Hertz said. You might just make out allright! Just be patient...

Archived