TEAM SHELBY FORUM

To all GT500 owners in Europe

PMN

I just received my GT500 :drool:

Now I wanted to do some oil change and all check stuff. I went to a FORD dealer and they told me they won't even change the oil in the car. They don't have parts, and don't know how to do it :headscratch:

I called several dealers but it's all the same. No parts, no can-do.

I'm worried becouse I have a '07 with no TSBs so far.

How do you, guys with GT500s currently being in Europe deal with services, guarantees, and TSB?

I live in Poland, maybe in other countries (Germany, UK?) it's different.

All input appreciated!

Welcome to the boards. Which color combo do you have? Did you just receive a new 07 model or buy something used there? I bet you will have a rare car there.

The only thing you need to change oil is a filter. So, buy a few online take your car to a dealer or independant garage and provide them with a filter. Make sure they use the right oil. The only person I know of is Pcio Cobra- he is in the Netherlands.

I just received my GT500 :drool:

Now I wanted to do some oil change and all check stuff. I went to a FORD dealer and they told me they won't even change the oil in the car. They don't have parts, and don't know how to do it :headscratch:

I called several dealers but it's all the same. No parts, no can-do.

I'm worried becouse I have a '07 with no TSBs so far.

How do you, guys with GT500s currently being in Europe deal with services, guarantees, and TSB?

I live in Poland, maybe in other countries (Germany, UK?) it's different.

All input appreciated!

You can get help in Germany. A friend of mine from Krakow has the blue GT500 with white stripes, I help him there. So if you need help, just give me a PM.

Ralf

Maybe a phone call to Ford Customer Relations could help. Perhaps they would know which dealerships could service a U.S. spec car.

Good luck

Steve

Here is a place in Germany between Frankfurt and Nurnberg that specializes in converting US built cars to meet EU standards. I have met the owner, he seems like a good guy. He has worked on a few GT500s and I saw the one he was driving which had already been converted so he knows these cars.

Classic Mustang

Tel. 09132/7868-0

www.classicmustang.eu

01074 Herzogenaurach

Rathgeberstasse 26

Are you US military (or a US contractor) or a EU national?

I ask because my understanding is once the car is exported from the US there is no factory warranty anymore with the excepetion of US military posted abroad (to include contractors).

I am a contractor living in England and still have a factory warranty on my GT500. there is a place here in Mildenhall that honors the Ford warranty and can bill Ford in the US.

Try using the Exchange New Car Sales (ENCS) webpage for the locations of garages that service Fords for the US military sales program. They should be familiar with or have a way to get info and or parts for all Fords sold through the program.

http://www.encs.com/warranty.aspx?id=341

You will most likely not be able to get warranty work performed for free but they should be able to work on your car.

Here is the list for Germany

Bamberg Aventi Automobile Rodez Str 31

96052 Bamberg Ph: 0951-9332163

Baumholder Auto Schafer Berschweiler Str. 9

55774 Baumholder Ph: 06783-3031+32

Bitburg Autohaus Kroschel Bahnhof Str. 1a

54518 Binsfeld Ph: 06575-638

Grafenwohr Auto Milde Am Weingarten 5

92274 Gebenbach Ph: 09622-70060

Hamburg Kruell Motor Company GmbH & Co KG Ruhrstr. 63-71

22761 Hamburg Ph: 040-8530601

Kaiserslautern Ford Autohaus Kaiserslautern Merkurstr. 11

67663 Kaiserslautern Ph: 0631-4165101

Kaiserslautern Plocher GmbH Bahn Str. 126

66849 Landstuhl Ph: 06371-2632

Kitzingen Panzer & Fisher GmbH & COKG Flugplatzstr. 31

97318 Kitzingen Ph: 09321-93630

Mannheim Hans Kohlhoff Obere Ried Str 117-119

68309 Mannheim Ph: 0621-728080

Munich Niedermaier& Reich Ingolstaedter Str. 57

80939 Munich Ph: 089-3189960

Stuttgart Schwabengarage Schockenried Str. 8

70565 Stuttgart Ph: 0711-780620

Vilseck Autohaus Segerer Am Anger 2

92287 Schmidmuehlen Ph: 09474-8124

Wiesbaden AH Heinz Am Mombacher Kreisel 3

55120 Mainz Ph: 06131-9962100

Wildflecken Autohaus Beck Bischofsheimer Str. 68

97772 Wildflecken Ph: 09745-3079

Cheers

Drew

I was in Germany for 4 years at Landstuhl. Can't speak about all the dealers but would advise against the Plocher dealership if at all possible. Lots of horror stories from people at the hospital getting hosed by those guys and I also have first hand knowledge because I had no other choice. Try anywhere else first if you appreciate your wallet.

Archived