TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Line Lock advice

mschmalzsr

Some of you seem to have the line lock on your car. My question is where do you put the switch to turn it on and off. Maybe a picture?

I have a momemtary switch mounted on the shifter handle in my car (the Hurst switch has a rubber strap that will attach to a shifter handle). With this style switch, you have to keep your finger on the momentary switch/shifter handle while smoking the tires. This method required no drilling, but some like a toggle switch better.

post-120-1226722039_thumb.jpg

post-120-1226722039_thumb.jpg

God Forbid you or someone else hit it while driving, would you probably kill yourself?

Negative!!! :hysterical: It is a brake solenoid :doh: You would have to apply the brakes,then push the button and then it will just stop at however hard you hit the brakes. The button has nothing to do with appying the brakes it just holds at the pressure of your braking.

I got my indicator light installed in the map light. I push it all the time just cause its cool when its lit.

While driving. No deaths to report. :happy feet:

DSC01855.jpg

shelbyemblem032.jpg

You can replace that swithch with a new shifter handle

I had that same handle/switch on my 2003 Cobra. I didn't look for it this time. Do they make that handle for the GT500 thread pattern? I liked that setup on my Cobra, and it sure looks good.

• 1 month later...

I had the GMS Tire Fryer Kit on my previous stang (2005 GT). I had it wired with a relay and switch so that the line lock solenoids were activated by pressing and holding the cruise control off button. As long as I keep my left thumb on the cruise control off button the front brakes would hold. The above mentioned switch allow me two modes, Race Mode and Normal. I mounted the switch inside the center console. When Normal, the cruise control off button was part of the cruise control system. When in Race Mode, the cruise control off button worked with the Line Locks. Soon I'll do the same with my SGT. -Steve

Archived