TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Stock shifter handle, and knob

SkyPilot

If you have the FRPP shifter and want the stock look (or don't want to spend the 150.00 smacks for a FRPP handle) you can get rid of the squishy feel by removing the stock rubber at the bottom of the shifter handle (it just slips off). Then install the bushings number 555-7099 from Steeda. The catalog description describes a couple different bushings and says they are aluminum but the ones we would use are actually steel. They cost $9.95 plus SH. The Steeda catalog application lists them for model years 1979 to 2004 but they fit our stock handle perfectly. I told Steeda about this so I think they are planning to update the catalog. Many thanks to 6-Speed for suggesting I check this out as a possible solution and skymedic for the stock parts to play with.

To keep the rattles down I am considering putting a thin piece of neoprene about .020" thick between the handle and the shifter. Any feedback from you guys that bolted on the FRPP solid handles if this would be a good idea? Thanks, Mark

If you have the FRPP shifter and want the stock look you can get rid of the squishy feel by removing the stock rubber at the bottom of the shifter handle (it just slips off).Then install the steel bushings number 555-7099 from Steeda. They cost $9.95 plus SH. The Steeda catalog application lists 1979 to 2004 but they fit our stock handle perfectly. I told Steeda about it so I think they will update the catalog. Many thanks to 6-Speed for suggesting I check this out as a possible solution and skymedic for the stock parts to play with.

To keep the rattles down I am considering putting a thin piece of neoprene about .020" thick between the handle and the shifter. Any feedback from you guys that bolted the FRPP solid handles in if this would be a good idea? Thanks, Mark

Glad they worked out for you. These are the bushings (PN 555-7099):

http://www.steeda.com/products/steeda_shifter_bushings.php

Archived