TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SGT #798 vert in poor condition!!!

FordRocks1

Saw this SGT #798 at a local Ford dealer during our monthly meet and as you can see it look like they can care less about it or the GT500-hmm, maybe their asking price may have something to do with it.

Oh, also,Chip Beck might get a kick out of this but I've had the privilege to sit in a Ford GT and both getting in and out I banged my head on the door hatch :censored: but it sure was cool to sit in it,one day I hope to drive one even if its for a minute....loved the GO,first GT500 I've seen in GO.

DSC03719.jpg

DSC03720.jpg

DSC03722.jpg

DSC03725.jpg

DSC03726.jpg

DSC03728.jpg

DSC03717.jpg

DSC03723.jpg

DSC03721.jpg

Yeah, it's sad how some dealers treat these cars. I was in Lubbock yesterday and saw a 2008 SGT Coupe #329 sitting on the lot covered in dirt, rusted hood pin lanyards, and they are still asking $48,390.00 for it!!! That's just crazy considering that I got mine at the first of this year for 10K less...

Nitro Fill $99. Nice profit margin. Locally tire shops charge between $25 to $50 bucks to purge and replace with nitrogen. I inquired at costco a year or so ago after purchasing tires for my truck. The manager told me it cost them about $2.00 per set of 4 tires plus their time. There is no mention of Nitro Fill on my window sticker.

Jim

Nitro Fill $99. Nice profit margin. Locally tire shops charge between $25 to $50 bucks to purge and replace with nitrogen. I inquired at costco a year or so ago after purchasing tires for my truck. The manager told me it cost them about $2.00 per set of 4 tires plus their time. There is no mention of Nitro Fill on my window sticker.

Jim

SunState Ford in Orlando Nitro is free! Is done in 20 mins. Easy and simple.

Glenn

Nitro fill for tires. I :headscratch::headscratch:

Is that to keep the moisture out?

Nitrogen’s slower permeability characteristics coupled with its bone-dry nature may partially ameliorate some field abuse conditions, including long term inflation maintenance neglect, improper repairs and certain types of tire pressure monitor malfunctions.

Saw this SGT #798 at a local Ford dealer during our monthly meet and as you can see it look like they can care less about it or the GT500-hmm, maybe their asking price may have something to do with it.

Oh, also,Chip Beck might get a kick out of this but I've had the privilege to sit in a Ford GT and both getting in and out I banged my head on the door hatch :censored: but it sure was cool to sit in it,one day I hope to drive one even if its for a minute....loved the GO,first GT500 I've seen in GO.

DSC03719.jpg

DSC03720.jpg

DSC03722.jpg

DSC03725.jpg

DSC03726.jpg

DSC03728.jpg

DSC03717.jpg

DSC03723.jpg

DSC03721.jpg

Hey!! How'd you get a close-up of my hood scoop?

Don

Yeah, it's sad how some dealers treat these cars. I was in Lubbock yesterday and saw a 2008 SGT Coupe #329 sitting on the lot covered in dirt, rusted hood pin lanyards, and they are still asking $48,390.00 for it!!! That's just crazy considering that I got mine at the first of this year for 10K less...

AMEN---I went past a dealership last winter on the way to a wedding and there was a white '07 SGT and a red GT500 sitting in front of the building with a foot of snow piled on them.

I like what BMW NA had to say about nitro filled tires. Their is no need or big advantage for the exspense of using nitro in passenger car tires.

That just makes me sick .Get them out of the elements.

Personally I would walk from any dealership that placed a $99.00 ADM for Nitrogen air. It's not that I don't belive in nitrogen filled tires but that $99.00 is a slap in the face rip-off price.

The kind of dealership that plays these games will also play games in every other area of your purchase and service visits.

Steve

Archived