TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Super Snake Stripe Options

Hi there good SAI folks.....Amy, Bud and all others.

I sure would like to get my Shelby Super Snaked but I sure don't think Black stripes on my Vista Blue car is for me. The Vista Blue with white stripes is just too classic a look. Why not offer some White or Silver stripes as options. I know I am not the only one who is not getting their car done because of the "Black Stripes only".

Cmon....Henry Ford had this "any color you want as long as it is black" saying and I'm sure this is SAI policy on these cars but Jeeze, the loss of a sale of a $30k upgrade package because of such a simple option as stripe colors is real hard to understand. I know there are alot of other drivers out ther with the Red Appearance package thinking like this as well.

Anybody else thinking like this?

Quick,

Good luck trying to get SAI to change the stripe color, a lot of us have been down this road and Coldwater was one of the big not so fond of the the black stripes and tried to get it changed a year ago. I have to admit I had trouble coming to grips with the Flat Black Stripes at first but now that I have had it done, I love the Flat Black Stripes and think the car looks better in black then it would in white. I mean look at her! :drool:

The SS stripe color issue has been beaten to a pulp, and SAI is not going to make any changes to the package... period, end of story.

I was also against, and quite vocal (in a respectful manner) about the stripe color restrictions at first, but now that I have my car (pictured below in my signature), I absolutely love it.

I don't know if it's the color or the configuration of the stripes (or a combination of both), but I can tell you that with out a doubt, my car definately intimidates almost every driver that I get behind on the highway without even trying. Cars in front of me will move to the right when I'm still 10 or 12 car lengths behind them just traveling at the posted speed limit. No tailgating, no "drafting", but once the driver checks their RV mirror, the right blinker comes on and they move over and out of the way.

At the end of the day, you can always have the conversion done and then have a local stripe company make you a set of stripes in whatever color you want, but I suspect that once you get your car back from SAI, Tasca, or Quantum Performance, you won't change one thing on the car.

The SS stripe color issue has been beaten to a pulp, and SAI is not going to make any changes to the package... period, end of story.

I was also against, and quite vocal (in a respectful manner) about the stripe color restrictions at first, but now that I have my car (pictured below in my signature), I absolutely love it.

I don't know if it's the color or the configuration of the stripes (or a combination of both), but I can tell you that with out a doubt, my car definately intimidates almost every driver that I get behind on the highway without even trying. Cars in front of me will move to the right when I'm still 10 or 12 car lengths behind them just traveling at the posted speed limit. No tailgating, no "drafting", but once the driver checks their RV mirror, the right blinker comes on and they move over and out of the way.

At the end of the day, you can always have the conversion done and then have a local stripe company make you a set of stripes in whatever color you want, but I suspect that once you get your car back from SAI, Tasca, or Quantum Performance, you won't change one thing on the car.

+1000 Black is sweet!

I think the SS looks awesome as is.....but I also think they should have made an exception for red package cars! If they were to give me red stripes, I would SS and forget about the KR. After seeing the KR and the SS in person, it is NO doubt that the SS is much more car AND for less $$$.

Quick,

Good luck trying to get SAI to change the stripe color, a lot of us have been down this road and Coldwater was one of the big not so fond of the the black stripes and tried to get it changed a year ago. I have to admit I had trouble coming to grips with the Flat Black Stripes at first but now that I have had it done, I love the Flat Black Stripes and think the car looks better in black then it would in white. I mean look at her! :drool:

Thanks for reminding me :hysterical:

IMHO you will like it, it just takes awhile to get use to it or for it to grow on you.....

trust me, I was the 1st one down this road & it ends with a cliff.....

• 1 month later...

Archived