TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Hurst pistol grip shifter

Stump seems out of place in a stang, that was a Mopar item back in the day.

Hmmm. Well I have a T-Handle now and it's a vast improvement over the ball but I find myself pistol shifting sometimes with my fingers wrapped around the shifter and my thumb on the back of the handle. It just seems comfortable or possibly familiar ( :hysterical: ) .

I didn't know pistol grips were associated with Mopar though.

I have the hurst pistol grip shifter handle with button for the granatelli tire fryer and to be honest this shifter fits my hand like a glove. I never want to take my hand off of it.

I like the look of the ball, but my hands are entirely too big and it felt weird. my advise: get the pistol grip shifter handle, you wont regret it and it will add even more confidence to your shifts.

shelbyemblem032.jpg

Ryan

It may look out of place ant I think that is because its different. I was at a Chrysler dealer and that is the handle that is in the Challenger and I liked the feel. Seemed comfortable in my hand. (get you're head out of the gutter i know its in there cause all i see is you're ass) Feels more natural than the ball.

My 68 has the T handle stock and I dont know why they didnt opt to put that in instead of the ball.

Art

I've currently got one on my Tri-ax shifter and it is very comfortable to use however I plan on installing Steeda's new billet arm with a t-handle. I've always used t-handles instead of balls. The nice thing is you can change them in minutes so I have a collection of about 8 different ones.

DSC00168.jpg

Archived