TEAM SHELBY FORUM

automatic trans question?

My husband's buddy was doing some work on his girlfriends Mercury Mountaineer. It has a 4.6L and is auto. Ok, he emptied the tranny of fluid and replaced filter, and now can't find a dipstick to even check the fluid or a hole to put tranny fluid in. My husband is wondering is it a simalar sealed transmittion in the SGT, and if we are going to have issues if he ever needs to check the automatic tranny fluid.

Ford has been eliminating transmission dip

sticks in recent years. It seems that people don't know how to check transmission fluid and often overfill the reservoir, or even worse, pour in the

wrong fluid, often with bad results

Thanks, I must be honest, my SGT was our first brand new car. So my husband is used to working on old clunkers but now with the SGT he just wants to make sure he is familar with most of the info out there on this car. He is wondering when that change was made. The newest car he has worked on is an '87 Mustang GT that we have had for like 10 years now.

My husband's buddy was doing some work on his girlfriends Mercury Mountaineer. It has a 4.6L and is auto. Ok, he emptied the tranny of fluid and replaced filter, and now can't find a dipstick to even check the fluid or a hole to put tranny fluid in. My husband is wondering is it a simalar sealed transmittion in the SGT, and if we are going to have issues if he ever needs to check the automatic tranny fluid.

on the merc there is a plug on the bottom of pan,remove the small plug in center and using a bottle and fill nipple "squeeze"fluid into pan untill full run eng up to operating temp and let fluid drain until trickle out small hole reinstal plug and your done.:)

Archived