TEAM SHELBY FORUM

1989 CSX Motor Trend Article 148-MPH

shelbymotorsports

• 3 years later...

hi!im looking for a turbo for my shelby CSX-89 original,if somebody have one for sale please let me know,call me at 915 694 2061, thank you!

You can try these places:

www.fwdperformance.com

www.turbosunleashed.com

You may need to actually phone them to see if they have one available.

Steve

• 10 months later...

I have this mag, good artical. On other forums it has been discussed many times. One of those discussions says the car had some ported racing head on it and other work for flow. Flat out lie. The reason has to do with the turbo. It is long known that racing exhaust or porting or even a 2.5 short block nets you no turbo control and the little VNT boost creeps. So the only real thing that could have been done is a 3 bar map computer with bigger injectors, leaving it stock otherwise. But they talk about the boost level in the article so that tosses that idea too. Living in the northwest and next to "safe and prudent" Montana I can tell you 148 is not that tough with enough room. What's tough is the short wheel base and 14:1 steering lol, don't jerk the wheel! The body doesn't produce down force, just fights lift from removing more under car wind pressure. So they go that fast and faster but really don't like it. Going to add some venting and so on with mine, hoping for the 1 mile drag racing next year with it in Nevada and the 135 Grand Touring class. better wind routing under the car and to the intercooler should help it out enough.

Archived