TEAM SHELBY FORUM

St. Louis got the call

Eph.2:8-9

My dealer called about 8:30 this morning and said it arrived! :happy feet: :happy feet: :roses:

I wanted to leave work today but could not get my wife to leave her work. We are planning on leaving

first thing in the morning. the drive is about 3 hours. I will watch the pdi inspection. Plan on making the

day out of it. Last week I found out that my car was on quality hold and today it showed up at my dealer.

Hear is how mine took place for anyone who is interested. 2 years ago in Nov. i found out about the

shelby and put my name on about 6 dealers list. Was first on the list at my dealer. ordered the car on May

29th from non svt and pa. Was notified that the car would be built on the week of the 23rd and delivered

the week of the 30th. After that did not happen found out that my car was put on quality hold. Showed up

today.

I will be back this evening!!

Max

Sorry it took so long for the pics and to get back but I have been driving. I have 500 miles on

my car know and I do have one issue with a bubble on the side wall of my rear tire. Other than that

the car does not have a scratch. What power! As you can see I have a weekness for rear louvers.

Thanks Max

post-6928-1161625059_thumb.jpg

post-6928-1161625126_thumb.jpg

post-6928-1161625183_thumb.jpg

post-6928-1161625277_thumb.jpg

post-6928-1161625059_thumb.jpg

post-6928-1161625126_thumb.jpg

post-6928-1161625183_thumb.jpg

post-6928-1161625277_thumb.jpg

Congratulations Eph 2: 8-9. As soon as possible ,more details, first impressions, and pics!!!!

George..... :cheerleader:

By the way, I found out my Vinn # today. :happy feet:

Thank you and congrats to you! I will post pics as soon as I can. Where are you from and

what color did you order?

Max

Congrat's Max!

Hope the weather cooperates with you in St. Louis, it would not be good weather down here today. Besides being a blast to drive, hopefully your car will be an opportunity to build relationships and share the Good News with a few people you might not have otherwise met!

I will constantly be reminding myself to worship the Giver and not the gift.

Godspeed.

Max: Seems you have been Blessed in more than one way! Seems that you will now stand out in more than one way also, because as you know people that stand up for the Lord, stand out. Enjoy the experiance my friend and I look forward to a full report so I know what to expect when I get the call.

Congrat's Max!

Hope the weather cooperates with you in St. Louis, it would not be good weather down here today. Besides being a blast to drive, hopefully your car will be an opportunity to build relationships and share the Good News with a few people you might not have otherwise met!

I will constantly be reminding myself to worship the Giver and not the gift.

Godspeed.

I had to remind my self of that exact same thing. I pray that it will give me more of an

opportunity to do just that.

I drove my car home from IL which was about a 3 hr drive and was that fun. My dealer

was great (Jim Hayes Inc.). Let me be part of the pdi. They put my scoops on an ordered me another

manual as they did not want me to break the seal on the original. Put my rear louvers on today. If I

can figure out how to post the pics I will.

Max

Max: Seems you have been Blessed in more than one way! Seems that you will now stand out in more than one way also, because as you know people that stand up for the Lord, stand out. Enjoy the experiance my friend and I look forward to a full report so I know what to expect when I get the call.

Ha Rob

What a ride! So many people always given a thumbs up or asking questions its great. I can not say enough about my dealer. My car had 7.5 miles on it. They pulled it right off the truck and locked it up in

their new building that has not open up yet. It was cool as I walked in the new building my car was the

only one in there. all the wraps still on. My car did not have a scratch on it, tapes good. I would like it

to be a little more louder but thats it. Its what I imagined. I need to learn how to post my pics. I put rear

louvers on and wood like some feed back.

What have you heard about yours?

Max

Congrats. Max

We will have to meet soon, I should have my car next week as well.

Enjoy

Thats GREAT! Iam glad things worked out for you! Let me know as soon as you get yours

so we can drive them together.

Max

Ha Rob

What a ride! So many people always given a thumbs up or asking questions its great. I can not say enough about my dealer. My car had 7.5 miles on it. They pulled it right off the truck and locked it up in

their new building that has not open up yet. It was cool as I walked in the new building my car was the

only one in there. all the wraps still on. My car did not have a scratch on it, tapes good. I would like it

to be a little more louder but thats it. Its what I imagined. I need to learn how to post my pics. I put rear

louvers on and wood like some feed back.

What have you heard about yours?

Max

Thats GREAT! Iam glad things worked out for you! Let me know as soon as you get yours

so we can drive them together.

Max

Hi Max: It is easy to post the photos. Scroll down and click the "browse" tab. This will allow you to find your photo in your computer. Then double click on the photo once you find it. Then click "add this attachment" .

My Shelby order has been accepted by the Ford. I am just waiting for a build date and a VIN. It could be a while. I had to look up verse 8-9 this evening. You picked a good one. I can't wait to see some photos. PM me if you need some help posting them, I will walk you thru it over the phone.

Your brother in Christ, Rob.

Hi Max: It is easy to post the photos. Scroll down and click the "browse" tab. This will allow you to find your photo in your computer. Then double click on the photo once you find it. Then click "add this attachment" .

My Shelby order has been accepted by the Ford. I am just waiting for a build date and a VIN. It could be a while. I had to look up verse 8-9 this evening. You picked a good one. I can't wait to see some photos. PM me if you need some help posting them, I will walk you thru it over the phone.

Thanks Rob for the info on posting the pics. Iam on dial up still and could not get it to work. So

I transfered them to work and did it there. What do you think about the scoops and rear louvers? I

know I will get your honist opinion.

Max

Thanks Rob for the info on posting the pics. Iam on dial up still and could not get it to work. So

I transfered them to work and did it there. What do you think about the scoops and rear louvers? I

know I will get your honist opinion.

Max

Max: I found the photos. Your car looks great with those 2 mods. That is the cool thing about cars and Mods, everyone has there own desire on what they want to do to the car. I like the look. This is the 1st one I have seen. However, I had louvers on a Camaro in the 80's and did not like cleaning them or the back window! Enjoy your ride my friend.

Max, I had just previously started a thread asking if anyone had rear louvers on their GT500. And then you post pics. of your car with louvers. I knw everyone has their own opinion, but the louvers don't look bad at all. It make the car look more nostalgic.

I say it looks pretty good. I found a company that has a non-metal set that would eleviate rattling and seems to be a bit lower profile than yours. I would like to see them on a Shelby and my chances may be slim, but in all your car looks pretty good with the louvers.

Once again, Congrats. and your car looks awsome and unique.

My dealer called about 8:30 this morning and said it arrived! :happy feet: :happy feet: :roses:

I wanted to leave work today but could not get my wife to leave her work. We are planning on leaving

first thing in the morning. the drive is about 3 hours. I will watch the pdi inspection. Plan on making the

day out of it. Last week I found out that my car was on quality hold and today it showed up at my dealer.

Hear is how mine took place for anyone who is interested. 2 years ago in Nov. i found out about the

shelby and put my name on about 6 dealers list. Was first on the list at my dealer. ordered the car on May

29th from non svt and pa. Was notified that the car would be built on the week of the 23rd and delivered

the week of the 30th. After that did not happen found out that my car was put on quality hold. Showed up

today.

Max

Sorry it took so long for the pics and to get back but I have been driving. I have 500 miles on

my car know and I do have one issue with a bubble on the side wall of my rear tire. Other than that

the car does not have a scratch. What power! As you can see I have a weekness for rear louvers.

Thanks Max

Congratulations, she looks fantastic!!!!

John

I just looked up the verse too, and you know, it doesn't get any more key than that. Shelbies aside, we are extremely gifted and blessed. Thanks for the prompt to look it up.

John

also; anyone have thoughts on how the rear louvers would look painted? they are starting to grow on me.

I just looked up the verse too, and you know, it doesn't get any more key than that. Shelbies aside, we are extremely gifted and blessed. Thanks for the prompt to look it up.

John

also; anyone have thoughts on how the rear louvers would look painted? they are starting to grow on me.

The word is good. :yup: Funny how it ends up in places we least expect it. B)

John

John

I was planning on having a body shop that I know paint mine, but after I installed mine I like the

black as it goes with every thing else. Had others tell me to leave them black. I have the same ones on

my 98gt that my son drives and they have held up very well. there a quality louver that is one piece and

no holes to drill and they are hinged for window cleaning. the name of them are Visus. there Aluminium.

Max

thanks for the info. Your shelby is looking fine.

..and just got done watching the cardinals put another in the win column. This is certainly a fine season for St. Louis baseball fans. :cheerleader: My sister lives in St. Louis, and I know she is real excited right now. Her and her two cats :doh:

Max: time to change your signature :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

thanks for the info. Your shelby is looking fine.

..and just got done watching the cardinals put another in the win column. This is certainly a fine season for St. Louis baseball fans. :cheerleader: My sister lives in St. Louis, and I know she is real excited right now. Her and her two cats :doh:

Max: time to change your signature :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

oh yea thanks I forgot.

• 5 weeks later...

today.

Max

Thanks Max

Max, Where did you get your side scoops & louvers? MTNTOM

Max, Where did you get your side scoops & louvers? MTNTOM

Hi Mtntom

My rear louvers are Visus and I purchased them through MRT Direct. I am very happy with them as they are one piece and made from Aluminium. There is no drilling and there hinged to clean the rear window.

I also have them on my 98 gt and have held up very well.

The side scoops I purchasrd from Atlanta auto acc. and I also are very happy with them as the paint

matched. I did paint the inside black becaus they come grey and I did not want to see that from the inside. I

have had a lot of compliments on them as they look factory.

Do you have your car yet and where are you from?

Max

Hi Mtntom

My rear louvers are Visus and I purchased them through MRT Direct. I am very happy with them as they are one piece and made from Aluminium. There is no drilling and there hinged to clean the rear window.

The side scoops I purchasrd from Atlanta auto acc. and I also are very happy with them as the paint

matched. I did paint the inside black becaus they come grey and I did not want to see that from the inside. I

Max

Thanks for the info Max, the car looks great, and I like both mods. One other question, how did the side scoops mount?

Thanks,

Marc

The scoops on his car are made by Razzi. Steeda also sells them. Just received mine today. They are held on by 3M tape. Not overly happy with the paint job, they'll have to be re-done. I'd send them back, but it is a real pain in the wallet to do that from Canada. I'd order them unpainted if you know of a good body shop where you live.

Cheers

Hi Mtntom

Max

Hey Max,

Yes I have my car, I picked her up in Kansas on 11-11-06.

Its the GREATEST CAR I have ever had the pleasure to be in.

THE BEST PART IS ITS MINE :hyper:

I live in PA. If you have not seen it yet, I named my Shelby DOROTHY!

She doesn't live in KANSAS anymore!:headspin:

Thanks for the info Max, the car looks great, and I like both mods. One other question, how did the side scoops mount?

Thanks,

Marc

Ha Marc

As Clutch said they do stick on with 2 sided tape by 3-m. I took a hair dryer and heated up

the window somewhat so they would stick better. I am sorry to hear that Clutch's did not match his paint

very well but mine did match well.

Max

Archived