TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Dealer screwed up my tranny TSB

BanditSRT8

SO finally, after a month of waiting for the parts, and now 3 days of it in the shop, I get the call to pick my baby up.

I get there and when I hopped into my car I go to hit the clutch to start her up and the pedal drops about 3" with no pressure applied. DAMMIT.

No one there until Monday to even look at it. I asked the supervisor how in the hell the tech could have driven it and not noticed this. Even pulling it out of his bay to the parking spot he should have noticed this. The supervisor was pissed too. But everyone had already gone home, so nothing can be done.

So I drop off a $50,000 car for service and they try to hand me a Hyundai rental. I wasn't having that, but the BEST thing they could hand me was a Jeep Liberty (what a POS)

SO now I wait. Hopefully it is something really simple like he didn't bleed the system fully or something.

I miss my car :(

SO finally, after a month of waiting for the parts, and now 3 days of it in the shop, I get the call to pick my baby up.

I get there and when I hopped into my car I go to hit the clutch to start her up and the pedal drops about 3" with no pressure applied. DAMMIT.

No one there until Monday to even look at it. I asked the supervisor how in the hell the tech could have driven it and not noticed this. Even pulling it out of his bay to the parking spot he should have noticed this. The supervisor was pissed too. But everyone had already gone home, so nothing can be done.

So I drop off a $50,000 car for service and they try to hand me a Hyundai rental. I wasn't having that, but the BEST thing they could hand me was a Jeep Liberty (what a POS)

SO now I wait. Hopefully it is something really simple like he didn't bleed the system fully or something.

I hope every dealer (or at least the one by me) gets this down before I HAVE to take mine in.... arg..

I hope every dealer (or at least the one by me) gets this down before I HAVE to take mine in.... arg..

This is typical Ford customer service. Garbage. I love my Shelby and am really glad I got my hands on one, but one thing I will never praise is Ford. Sorry, but they can't handle this car at all. It's far too high performance of a machine for them to handle. Seriously I have 0 faith in any dealership in regards to working on the Shelby GT500. 90% of them are in over thier head with this car. All I can say is Ford GT owners must HATE dealing with these morons.

This is typical Ford customer service. Garbage. I love my Shelby and am really glad I got my hands on one, but one thing I will never praise is Ford. Sorry, but they can't handle this car at all. It's far too high performance of a machine for them to handle. Seriously I have 0 faith in any dealership in regards to working on the Shelby GT500. 90% of them are in over thier head with this car. All I can say is Ford GT owners must HATE dealing with these morons.

I am sure there are good SVT techs at some Dealers;

The challenge is to find them and hopefully close to where you live.................

I'm sorry to here about the screwup with your gt500,but I don't think it's fair to lump all Ford techs into the catagory of uncaring idiots/morons.I take a great pride in my job as a Ford tech and in owning a gt500.

I'm sorry to here about the screwup with your gt500,but I don't think it's fair to lump all Ford techs into the catagory of uncaring idiots/morons.I take a great pride in my job as a Ford tech and in owning a gt500.

I wasn't categorizing anyone like that.

Any ideas what the problem could be?

I wasn't categorizing anyone like that.

Any ideas what the problem could be?

It does sound like a simple adjustment problem?????????

But still can't believe they would let you pick it up that way............

If the Tech did not bleed the clutch per the WSM...then that's the problem.

I helped my Tech do the procedure. I was the guy in the car pumping the pedal when he told me too. We did the procedure about 6 times.....and then it was rock solid.

Here's the procedure.

Bleeding_the_clutch.pdf

Bleeding_the_clutch.pdf

Oh this news makes me happy. Mine goes in next Tuesday. It took a month, but all the parts finally arrived. Sorry about your car. I hope it's a simple adjustment they can take care of and get you back on your way.

well let me tell you i just went through the same thing and on top of the pedal my check engine light was on so i left it didnt even drive it and 2 days later they call and now i have a clicking sound and still to much free play they call me back and tell me thats the way its suppoed to be also i called 7 am to tell them i call them back at 3:30pm and they are just starting to look at it i got so pissed i pick the car up and im going to fix it myself. customer doesnt exsist anymore. when i worked at the dealership it would get fixed checked by my mechinic checked by service writer of to detail then they would tell you its done. also they try and talk to you like your and idiot on the phone that doesn't know anything about cars when in fact most of the time we knoe more then they do.. shouldn't be a service writer if a. you never worked on a car and b. you dont even no what 1 is and c. you just know.. owned car for almost 2 weeks was in shop for over 3. you'd think i'd bought a tempo and not a shelby

You're right it's not fair for me to lump all these guys as bad apples, I just have been personally very unimpressed with what I see. I do expect high end service though when i'm paying high-end prices. Maybe i'm too demanding.

Boy I'm glad we have Grabber here.

I get the call this morning (woke me up) that the car is fine, and this is typical until the car has been driven for a while.

I told them I was not accepting that, and I emailed them the pdf file that Grabber posted.

On my way down there right now to see if 3 hours later it is finally done properly.

Wish me luck.....

Ok, picked up the car. A few observations:

I am not crazy about this new clutch. It engages differently (engages a bit earlier, lets out a bit later) so it will take some getting used to. It is SMOOTHER, and no more chatter on a slow start, but with it engaging earlier in the pedal return I have bucked the car a couple of times nearly stalling it. Not a fan, but maybe (maybe) it will grow on me.

Aside from that, the operation is smooth and seems to work well. ALL of the annoyances of the original are eliminated 100%.

BUT

Now when I start my car I hear a chirping. It is rotational, and gets faster when I slowly rev up the engine. Dealer noticed this as well. But after the car warmed up fully, I do not hear it. Could be just that my car has never been out on a day this cold (a good 20 degrees colder than ever before), so I'll be keeping my eye (or ear as it were) on this oddity.

Also after about 10 miles of driving, my check engine light popped on. I could also swear I heard a little detonation when I goosed her. So I parked the car and reloaded my Evo tune. CEL went away and no more detonation sounds.... so I guess even though I madeit CRYSTAL clear to them not to do anything to alter my tune, they did anyway. Well now my tune is back in, I just hope no damage occured in the meantime.

One other oddity, and I can't wrap my brain around this... when I hopped in the car my gas gauge showed just about 1/8 of a tank, but my computer readout was showing I had ZERO miles to empty.

I drove for 10 miles before I could gas her up... so it is obvious that was grossly in error. When I filled up, it seemed to read properly. Any ideas on this one?

Ok, picked up the car. A few observations:

I am not crazy about this new clutch. It engages differently (engages a bit earlier, lets out a bit later) so it will take some getting used to. It is SMOOTHER, and no more chatter on a slow start, but with it engaging earlier in the pedal return I have bucked the car a couple of times nearly stalling it. Not a fan, but maybe (maybe) it will grow on me.

Aside from that, the operation is smooth and seems to work well. ALL of the annoyances of the original are eliminated 100%.

BUT

Now when I start my car I hear a chirping. It is rotational, and gets faster when I slowly rev up the engine. Dealer noticed this as well. But after the car warmed up fully, I do not hear it. Could be just that my car has never been out on a day this cold (a good 20 degrees colder than ever before), so I'll be keeping my eye (or ear as it were) on this oddity.

Also after about 10 miles of driving, my check engine light popped on. I could also swear I heard a little detonation when I goosed her. So I parked the car and reloaded my Evo tune. CEL went away and no more detonation sounds.... so I guess even though I madeit CRYSTAL clear to them not to do anything to alter my tune, they did anyway. Well now my tune is back in, I just hope no damage occured in the meantime.

One other oddity, and I can't wrap my brain around this... when I hopped in the car my gas gauge showed just about 1/8 of a tank, but my computer readout was showing I had ZERO miles to empty.

I drove for 10 miles before I could gas her up... so it is obvious that was grossly in error. When I filled up, it seemed to read properly. Any ideas on this one?

My 08GT500 fuel gauge has a simalar problem. Whenever I get less than 1/2 tank, the fuel gauge will jump to empty until I fill up again. ( same as you stated, the odometer will read 0 miles to empty )

I was told by the dealership that the gauge was bad and needed to be replaced but have not had the guts to let them tear my dash apart.

If anyone else has had this problem, could you please PM me the solution ?

Thanks,

08SS0144

I just had my TSB done and just so you know it takes a good 100 miles to break the clutch in. I was stalling all over the place and the pedal felt hard as a rock. It was engaging hard as well. I could engage the clutch from a stop and not need to use the gas pedal at all.

Now it runs perfect after breaking in :happy feet: and no more rattling sound or chatter when I have the AC on.

I'm sorry I didn't get back till now,I lost my best friend and things have been a little busy.most of the programmers won't load up again if the pcm has been updated.the gas gauge may need to be watched be jumping to conclusions.good luck LeRoy

Ok, back in the shop it went yesterday. I told them to keep it until the clutch feels like the new car on their showroom floor.

Keep getting a CEL for no apparent reason, and while it may be a coincidence... it seems to only do it when the gas tank is extremely low. The code is for a lean condition in 2 cylinders.... they tried to blame it on my Evo tune, but I have had the tune for a few months, and the first CEL was when they did my tranny TSB, so it ain't my tune.

The clutch feels mushy and it's impossible to sense when it will engage and release, resulting in really crappy driving.

2nd gear shift is EXTREMELY notchy, but they say it just might be the synchros breaking in. Fine, but if after 1000 miles it is still notchy, I want something done.

So we'll see how long they keep the car, I told them to keep it until it is perfect... like it was when I first dropped it off to them.

I second that! Been at the same dealer 17 years. Just finishing up my clutch TSB.

Archived