TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Picture Story of Yesterday (LSR)

Kyle and I arrived in the area a little early so we met MrFarndog and Iceman at the hotel they stayed at over night. Mickey and his wife soon arrived with LaMonte's car. With all five cars, we caravaned over to Lamonte's house.

We all went inside and met his whole family including his mom, dad, sister, brother etc. I have to say, this is one hell of a nice family. They welcomed all of us with open arms and hugs. We had to wait for the limo to arrive to take the family to the church. After we all loaded up and ready to, it was funeral procession to the church.

DSCF1474.jpg

Once we arrived at the church, we all parked in one area.

VaporDade was there.

DSCF1479.jpg

So was Iceman...

DSCF1480.jpg

And MrFarmdog.....

DSCF1481.jpg

Plus StangCrazy.....

DSCF1482.jpg

And Lamonte's car that Mickey drove with pride.

DSCF1483.jpg

And since they were all parked together, I just had to get a group shot.

DSCF1478.jpg

The church service was really nice. I really enjoyed the last preacher who told a great story and tied in the old with the new. This was my first experience at this type of church services and it kept me awake the whole time. It was that interesting and that good. It was a first class service for a first class man.

After wards, we all went to get something to eat. Sue, Lamonte's wife and two kids came later to say our last goodbyes, until Shelby Fest, before we all departed back home. She was very, very appreciatative what we have all done for her and the family. I didn't know that she drove a V6 Mustang as her daily driver and we gave her some decals to put on the car to display with pride.

Rest in peace Lamonte, you will forever be in our memories.

Thanks for posting!! First class guy all the way, that sermon rocked and really made me feel proud I knew such a great guy that many people cared about, Later Mickey

I didn't know that she drove a V6 Mustang as her daily driver and we gave her some decals to put on the car to display with pride.

I remember the day he bought her that Mustang. He got it for her as a Valentines :wub: present. That's just the kind of guy he was!!! Seems like yesterday.

This was the post he made that day:

LSR

th_av-3039.gif

Proud Shelby GT500 Owner

Group: Members

Member No.: 3,039

State or Province:IL

Feb 14 2007, 03:51 PM

What did you get your wife for Valentines Day?

My wife loves the Shelby so much, and I love her so much that I surprised her with a new 2007 Pony Package Mustang for our 15th Anniversary & Valentines Day gift.

But, Mother Nature is keeping her from going out to play with it after getting 4-6 iches of snow yesterday.

PICT0062.jpg

PICT0060.jpg

This post has been edited by LSR: Feb 14 2007, 04:07 PM

• 1 year later...

I remember the day he bought her that Mustang. He got it for her as a Valentines wub.gif present. That's just the kind of guy he was!!! Seems like yesterday.

This was the post he made that day:

LSR

th_av-3039.gif

Proud Shelby GT500 Owner

Group: Members

Member No.: 3,039

State or Province:IL

Feb 14 2007, 03:51 PM

What did you get your wife for Valentines Day?

My wife loves the Shelby so much, and I love her so much that I surprised her with a new 2007 Pony Package Mustang for our 15th Anniversary & Valentines Day gift.

But, Mother Nature is keeping her from going out to play with it after getting 4-6 iches of snow yesterday.

PICT0062.jpg

PICT0060.jpg

This post has been edited by LSR: Feb 14 2007, 04:07 PM

Grabber,

I actually remember that post with the pictures... I can't believe that you found it!

Stuart

Grabber,

I actually remember that post with the pictures... I can't believe that you found it!

Stuart

There are a few posts on this site that just leave a impression on my soul. This was one of them and I remembered it after Lamonte died.

Archived