TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Status on 'The Call'

I talked to Cynthia yesterday to check my status. My deposit date was Sept. 24, 2007. She said to expect my call around 11/17, they have already called the first and second weeks of Sept. 2007. She also said that depending on how quick I get there, they estimate 5 to 9 weeks for completion. Will be tight to make the Shelby run in January!!

I talked to Cynthia yesterday to check my status. My deposit date was Sept. 24, 2007. She said to expect my call around 11/17, they have already called the first and second weeks of Sept. 2007. She also said that depending on how quick I get there, they estimate 5 to 9 weeks for completion. Will be tight to make the Shelby run in January!!

Mine has been as SAI for 5 weeks today. I was told when I dropped it off to expect a 5 week turn around. I thought that was really fast compaired to others that I have read about. I was the second person out of my group that was called in to drop my car off to them.

I'm expecting to get the call to pick it up in the next week or 2 based on the 5 week estimate they gave me.

One thing that makes it harder for you is that the holiday season is coming up. Tuesdays a holiday, then in 2 weeks Thanksgiving and then a month later you have Xmas and New Years. Work days that will not be used for work.

It's gonna be really close for you I guessing.

• 2 weeks later...

After 14 long months, The CALL has finally arrived. I spoke with Cynthia yesterday and the deal is sealed! I will have to wait till next Monday to drive there with my 10 year old son. Should be a fun adventure with him. Then begins the long wait. She said there are ALOT of cars waiting and still quotes the 5 to 9 weeks range (clearly emphasising the 9 week part). Looks unlikely I'll have it for the Shelby bash in January especially with all the holidays. But at least its finally happening..........

After 14 long months, The CALL has finally arrived. I spoke with Cynthia yesterday and the deal is sealed! I will have to wait till next Monday to drive there with my 10 year old son. Should be a fun adventure with him. Then begins the long wait. She said there are ALOT of cars waiting and still quotes the 5 to 9 weeks range (clearly emphasising the 9 week part). Looks unlikely I'll have it for the Shelby bash in January especially with all the holidays. But at least its finally happening..........

Congrats. The SS is worth the long wait. Now the wait for that famous call "Hi this is Adrienne from Shelby Autos" :happy feet:

Its in Vegas. My 10 year old son and I drove to Vegas on Monday and dropped off the car. Great experience and on my birthday too! Checking out the place was cool, tons of KRs parked about, being moved from one area to another, into enclosed carriers, etc. I did not see any SSs in prodcution, but saw several parked in one warehouse awaiting delivery or a hood, etc. The redone museum is really nice, beautiful cars. We had lunch at the Shelby Cafe, also very cool. Adrienne and Chris did the turn over details and made us feel good about the whole experience. I was told that it would easily be 9+ weeks so the Shelby Bash is out in January. I asked about 11" wheels, brake upgrades, and not installing certain pieces that I would just take. Nada to all. No 11" wheels or brakes likely during my production wait. And no to not installing the Borlas, the side window scoops or the front carbon spoiler. Oh well to all of that, I cannot wait to see my Super Snake just as it will be.....

Date summary for anyone scaling my dates to guess theirs:

Deposit: 9/24/2007

The CALL: 11/17/08

Dropped: 11/24/08

Pickup: Praying for Jan. 09 but guessing Feb.

Mine has been as SAI for 5 weeks today. I was told when I dropped it off to expect a 5 week turn around. I thought that was really fast compaired to others that I have read about. I was the second person out of my group that was called in to drop my car off to them.

I'm expecting to get the call to pick it up in the next week or 2 based on the 5 week estimate they gave me.

One thing that makes it harder for you is that the holiday season is coming up. Tuesdays a holiday, then in 2 weeks Thanksgiving and then a month later you have Xmas and New Years. Work days that will not be used for work.

It's gonna be really close for you I guessing.

Joker45,

Curious about your car's production timing. You ordered your GT500 in Nov. 07, but when did you put down your SS deposit? The timing of your drop-off call (10/08) implies you had your deposit in around August of 2007. Did you really do SS deposit 4 months prior to ordering the GT500? Sporty.........

Thanx, poohtang

Joker45,

Curious about your car's production timing. You ordered your GT500 in Nov. 07, but when did you put down your SS deposit? The timing of your drop-off call (10/08) implies you had your deposit in around August of 2007. Did you really do SS deposit 4 months prior to ordering the GT500? Sporty.........

Thanx, poohtang

Well it's kind of a long story as I had several GT500's sold out from under me prior to my signing up for the SS list. I also had one ordered from a dealer and after 6 months I was feed a line about the GT500's not even being made anymore. So I was lucky to find another dealer that would take my order in Nov '07 for MSRP. So yes would be the short answer :hysterical:

Well it's kind of a long story as I had several GT500's sold out from under me prior to my signing up for the SS list. I also had one ordered from a dealer and after 6 months I was feed a line about the GT500's not even being made anymore. So I was lucky to find another dealer that would take my order in Nov '07 for MSRP. So yes would be the short answer :hysterical:

Joker, very cool to pay MSRP. I bought in July 07 and paid 12 over. I realized I probably could have got down to 10 or better in hindsight, but started negotiations at several dealers at 25 over so felt good at the time, old news now .............. Thanx for clarifying your order timing too. By the way, I drive up 99 to Lake Don Pedro alot during the summers. Where in Central CA are you?

Joker, very cool to pay MSRP. I bought in July 07 and paid 12 over. I realized I probably could have got down to 10 or better in hindsight, but started negotiations at several dealers at 25 over so felt good at the time, old news now .............. Thanx for clarifying your order timing too. By the way, I drive up 99 to Lake Don Pedro alot during the summers. Where in Central CA are you?

You drive right by my house then. :hysterical:

I live just north of Fresno, in Madera.

Archived