TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2008 mustang gt

call911fm

I know ....I know ....it might be a little early to start thinking about the 08' gt's but i need to start my research now so when the spring comes i will be ready and i will be at the dealer when the ordering banks open up. missed out for this year but next year i'm garunteed !!

any info would be appriciated ! :rockon:

Just a heads up, when you go to order, have your order codes and option sheet with you. When I went to order mine (june 5, first day of 2007 production), dealers still had no info on new options / packages / etc. Without the info I found on these boards, I would have missed out on the 3.55 gears and cloth top options.

After seeing the way Ford disseminates info to its dealers, it's almost worth it to order an 07 in feb, guaranteeing you get exactly what you want, just in time for the summer months. Just my .02.

Just a heads up, when you go to order, have your order codes and option sheet with you. When I went to order mine (june 5, first day of 2007 production), dealers still had no info on new options / packages / etc. Without the info I found on these boards, I would have missed out on the 3.55 gears and cloth top options.

After seeing the way Ford disseminates info to its dealers, it's almost worth it to order an 07 in feb, guaranteeing you get exactly what you want, just in time for the summer months. Just my .02.

As there aren't going to be any major changes to the Mustang GT from 2007 to 2008, ordering a late 2007 next spring not only gets you essentially the same car as an '08, but will also yield better incentives from Ford (rebates or special financing) that early 2008's won't have.

Deadlines to order vary from year to year, model to model, and certain optional equipment will even run out (called 'balance out') earlier than the official cut off date. Ford has a form that they update periodically called a Changeover Timing sheet that lists deadlines to order, last date of production for the current model year, and Job 1 for the upcoming model year. There isn't a 2007/2008 sheet yet, but perhaps there will be later this year when the all-new 2008 Super Duty trucks start scheduling (production for those start really early in January). Don't know if 2008 Mustang info will be available right away, though.

Archived