TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Stock GT500 dynoed..

mrsuds

It is widely accepted you dumb ass! You sound like a racist SOB! There are black people who are members on this site. Remember, beforeyou let words come out of your mouth or for that matter send crappy email through like that. Matter of fact caucasions buy more rap music than black people. That's why many rap artists are multi-millionairesmany times over. They are entrepenuers because they just don't put their money in one basket. They are also actors, former students who hold degrees,and oscar nominees and winners(e.g 3 6 Mafia(2006 Oscar winners), Qeen Latifa(2003 Oscar Nominee for "Chicago"), and Will Smith(2004 Oscar Nominee), the list goes on........ Remember this Sherlock; Rap music and hip hop will never die! It will continue to grow and constantly change! Also, remember this, all music comes from Africa. How do you think Elvis Presely was so succesful. He use to go to black clubs(juke joints) and watch many Blues

musicians play and dance. That's where he got the way of moving his legs and hips the way he did. He was and will always be an ICON(King of Rock'n'Roll) because his style was influenced by Blues. I am black American who widely accepts all music of all shapes and forms, as long as it is not Satanic in nature.

Remember, Never start something you can't finish! Second, get yourself educated about certain subjects you comment on like Rap Music. You don't have to like it(it is your choice, no one can beat you up for that),

but you must respect it like you should respect the rights of religious practices, culture, and music choices of others.

I'm sure you will come back(like many others like yourself) with a symmantical reply email of some caliber to try and shoot me in the water, but trust me, I'll just flick it off my shoulder and pop my collar on that issue! The whole point is, don't use derogatory or racial statements(even if they or opinionative in nature, and in your mind you think it won't offend anyone) because it always is how someone perceives or takes it!

Statements or comments you make like that disgust me. Also I know Five Oh B(even though he is probably the most knowledgeable person on this site) also shouldn't make comments like "Ricers." These type of things are very ignorant to say.

Finally, I am an owner and hobbyist of the Mustang, and I have a confirmed order for a GT500 as I'm sure you probably do like many others on this site. All I am saying is: "Let's Keep it real!" In other words, keep on the subject of the GT500 and how you want one. Don't go off onto some tangent sounding like a hater or something!

Very disgusted and upset!

Ken

Ken, don't even dare to call me racist for not liking rap music. I am a Native American, and I have plenty of black friends along with caucasian friends, asian friends, etc. I live in a very culturally diverse neighborhood and genuinely like all my neighbors. How dare you say I'm racist. Wanna know why I don't like rap music? Much of it talks of violence and anger. I don't need violence and anger in my life, so I choose to avoid rap, violent video games, violent TV programming, etc.

You said it yourself that rap is not exclusive to blacks. In fact, if my memory serves me correctly, the first "rap" song was written by Deborah Harry in the mid 1970's. She was the white, blonde lead singer for the group Blondie. The song was called Rapture, and hence the nickname for this genre of music: "rap." There are many people of other races who enjoy it. I will never be one of them. I think it is a terrible genre of music and do not ever have to respect it, just as I'm sure you will never like the music I listen to.

You know what? I don't enjoy country music either, even though it has the largest fan base of any style of music in America. Doesn't mean I don't like folks who like country music, I just don't like the music. I don't like polka music either. Is Lawrence Welk's fan club going to hunt me down for being disrespectful? I highly doubt it.

I will concede one point to you, however. The "ricer" comment is insensitive and I apologize for using it. Going forward, I will refer to that group of car enthusiasts as the "sport-compact" crowd. In return, please don't stereotype me as likely having lots of broken down cars parked in my front yard just because I'm Native American. Actually, there are no cars in my front yard and the two in my driveway both run just fine.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

B)-->

QUOTE(Five Oh B @ May 15 2006, 01:55 PM) 12483[/snapback]

Ken, don't even dare to call me racist for not liking rap music. I am a Native American, and I have plenty of black friends along with caucasian friends, asian friends, etc. I live in a very culturally diverse neighborhood and genuinely like all my neighbors. How dare you say I'm racist. Wanna know why I don't like rap music? Much of it talks of violence and anger. I don't need violence and anger in my life, so I choose to avoid rap, violent video games, violent TV programming, etc.

You said it yourself that rap is not exclusive to blacks. In fact, if my memory serves me correctly, the first "rap" song was written by Deborah Harry in the mid 1970's. She was the white, blonde lead singer for the group Blondie. The song was called Rapture, and hence the nickname for this genre of music: "rap." There are many people of other races who enjoy it. I will never be one of them. I think it is a terrible genre of music and do not ever have to respect it, just as I'm sure you will never like the music I listen to.

You know what? I don't enjoy country music either, even though it has the largest fan base of any style of music in America. Doesn't mean I don't like folks who like country music, I just don't like the music. I don't like polka music either. Is Lawrence Welk's fan club going to hunt me down for being disrespectful? I highly doubt it.

I will concede one point to you, however. The "ricer" comment is insensitive and I apologize for using it. Going forward, I will refer to that group of car enthusiasts as the "sport-compact" crowd. In return, please don't stereotype me as likely having lots of broken down cars parked in my front yard just because I'm Native American. Actually, there are no cars in my front yard and the two in my driveway both run just fine.

Five Oh B,

I'm really starting to like you.

Wow! I made the original comment on Musak rap music and I hate no one. My neighbor is black and a successful rap concert promoter and I really like him -- has nothing to do with the music. If you're black and don't like the Doors or Eagles or CSN or Perry Como, for that matter, that's ok with me. It is unfortunate, Ken, if you or anyone else is offended by my dislike of rap music -- some of it is almost tolerable, but a lot is offensive, promotes anger and violence and is repulsive; and most is just too repetitious for my taste. And, yes, there are people in all cultures that like rap -- why I don't know -- but that's just great with me! But PLEASE DON'T CONFUSE MUSIC WITH PEOPLE. I don't judge ANY human being, whatever race or beliefs, by their music or anything else they like, dislike, love or hate. I thought that's what America is all about.

Peace... and GT500s to all.

B)-->

QUOTE(Five Oh B @ May 15 2006, 07:55 PM) 12483[/snapback]

In return, please don't stereotype me as likely having lots of broken down cars parked in my front yard just because I'm Native American.

So you are not a Jeff Foxworthy type of guy, Five Oh. Just kiddin'.

Let's conclude that we all have to think about what we say or write, before judging each other. I am not fond of rap music either. Although I can remember me dancing on Rappers Delight from Sugarhill Gang back in 1979. 13 minutes long. I still have the 12 inch record. I feel old. I am more into Metallica. Does that make me an agressive type of guy? Not at all. It's just that I like music with real guitars, drums etc....

What the H___ does this have to do with the rear wheel dyno of the 07 Ford GT500?

It has everything to do with rwhp, don't you know! I sold cars for a living for a couple years and learned there are couple different kinds of customers: Some people buy cars based on how many watts the stereo has, some people buy cars based on much horsepower is under the hood, while a very small minority (and, Ken, I don't mean "minority" as in a skin color, race, creed, whatever) buy cars based on horsepower and stereo wattage. Me? I could car less if my car even had a stereo; the only music I want to hear when I drive comes from the tailpipes.

By the way, I'm with Patrick - Metallica, real guitars, real drums, real music. And when I want to de-stress, I either drive my car really hard or pick up my Ibanez electric and crank up my Marshall amp.

I've been reading lately that the "sport-compact" crowd is falling out of vogue, and there is a major shift back to rear drive V8 musclecars. SEMA and the aftermarket reflect that trend, and so do the OEM's. I hope and prey that as prior "sport-compact" guys start buying the new age musclecars that we do not see them transfer the style from various import cars to our beloved cars:

• Buy Mustang V6 w/210hp, slap on Shelby emblem thinking you magically have 500hp.

• Buy Mustang GT and put Roush/Saleen graphics on it and tell people it does 10 second 1/4 miles.

• Remove factory wing on new Mustang and put a 2-story tall aluminum wing on instead thinking it'll get them to 300 mph.

• Replace factory exhaust tips with 6" coffee can tips that don't fit the radius of the bumper cutouts.

• Install 500 pounds of video/stereo gear into new Mustang GT making a 16 second 1/4 mile ET a challenge.

• And the list goes on....

When the dust settles at the local drag strip, the GT500 will rise above the pretenders with its 500hp and 11 second time slips.

B)-->

QUOTE(Five Oh B @ May 15 2006, 05:53 PM) 12539[/snapback]

I've been reading lately that the "sport-compact" crowd is falling out of vogue, and there is a major shift back to rear drive V8 musclecars. SEMA and the aftermarket reflect that trend, and so do the OEM's. I hope and prey that as prior "sport-compact" guys start buying the new age musclecars that we do not see them transfer the style from various import cars to our beloved cars:

• Buy Mustang V6 w/210hp, slap on Shelby emblem thinking you magically have 500hp.
  • Buy Mustang GT and put Roush/Saleen graphics on it and tell people it does 10 second 1/4 miles.
  • Remove factory wing on new Mustang and put a 2-story tall aluminum wing on instead thinking it'll get them to 300 mph.
  • Replace factory exhaust tips with 6" coffee can tips that don't fit the radius of the bumper cutouts.
  • Install 500 pounds of video/stereo gear into new Mustang GT making a 16 second 1/4 mile ET a challenge.

When the dust settles at the local drag strip, the GT500 will rise above the pretenders with its 500hp and 11 second time slips.

The first one who mentions "BLING" and this car in the same post should be forced to watch PINKS episodes for 24 hours.

Wow. WTF?!? :censored: The :fan: around here, eh? Geeeeez, I walk away for a few blocks, and we have threads on........MUSIC?!?!? :wacko:

I myself mostly like rock...and roll...but I try to listen to just about everything. So, 489 RWHP...confirmed, right? Right???? :party: :happy feet: :shift:

Welcome home Crispy. :party: One internet confirmed 489. And some vapour. A lot of vapour. :wacko:

Thank you, my friend. It's good to be back! Lotsa "ketchup" to do...I "relish" it! Sorry for the underhanded condiment jokes. Here's to speculation on this beastie. Cheers! :party:

Well, since we are in the Rumor Mill section we could talk about whether there will be the the 500W stereo or the 1200W stereo <grin> (actually there will be both offered and that's more than my HOME system!)

(And, Five Oh B, you will appreciate this: a number of years back I sold my cherry 1954 Fender Customer Esquire starburst for $100 -- with the original tommy-gun case -- DOH! Am I the dumbest s__t on the planet or what? I still have my '62 Burns-of-London Jazz Wild-dog split-sound (#1713) and Dylan's Binson Echo-Rec)

Ok, ok.... back to GT500s... besides the sound system wattage, does anyone have any G2 on what other options are being offered, if any, besides color and stripes? Hey, I don't really care as long it's 475rwhp or more, but... <grin>

And, in a more nuts and bolts vein, I found these formulas in my desk drawer the other day for calculating Torque and HP:

Torque = (HP x 5252) / rpm

HP = (Torque x rpm) / 5252

B)-->

QUOTE(Five Oh B @ May 15 2006, 03:53 PM) 12539[/snapback]

It has everything to do with rwhp, don't you know! I sold cars for a living for a couple years and learned there are couple different kinds of customers: Some people buy cars based on how many watts the stereo has, some people buy cars based on much horsepower is under the hood, while a very small minority (and, Ken, I don't mean "minority" as in a skin color, race, creed, whatever) buy cars based on horsepower and stereo wattage. Me? I could car less if my car even had a stereo; the only music I want to hear when I drive comes from the tailpipes.

By the way, I'm with Patrick - Metallica, real guitars, real drums, real music. And when I want to de-stress, I either drive my car really hard or pick up my Ibanez electric and crank up my Marshall amp.

Hey!

I have an Ibanez electric too! Bought it almost thirty years ago. A Les Paul copy. I wish I had a Marshall amp! I like the good old classic Rock & Roll myself, but I'm more of a Mott The Hoople & Badfinger type. That's why I ordered the Shaker 1000, I like my music LOUD!

I have an Ibanez electric too! Bought it almost thirty years ago. A Les Paul copy. I wish I had a Marshall amp! I like the good old classic Rock & Roll myself, but I'm more of a Mott The Hoople & Badfinger type. That's why I ordered the Shaker 1000, I like my music LOUD!

I just bought this Ibanez (RG) a couple months ago. It's my second Ibanez (the first was a Gibson SG copy). The Marshall amp is a smaller one for home use, but cranks loud enough to bother the neighbors (kinda like my Mach 1) and has lots of effects built in so I don't feel the need to buy too many pedals yet. My two daughters both have little Fender Squire electrics. Nice sound, but much cleaner than the heavy crunch of my Ibanez. Such good guitars for so little money!

OK, since this is a thread about dyno'ing, I'll throw in some #'s so that it appears that I'm paying attention to the topic. My Mach 1 weighs 3380 and makes 284 rwhp, for a lbs/hp ratio of 11.9:1. If the GT500 weights 3,920 (coupe) as reported and puts down 489 rwhp, we're looking at a lbs/hp ratio of 8.0:1. I'm gonna get smoked at the dragstrip, so I'd better start modding my Mach 1 to keep up the pace or get in line to buy a GT500.

In fact, with 489 rwhp and an average weight driver, the GT500 should run through the 1/4 mile traps at 120 mph. With appropriate traction (drag slicks) and an experienced driver, we're talking 11.40's to 11.50's in the 1/4 mile! The magazine jockeys (MT, C&D, R&T, etc.) will likely haze the stock tires badly and run low to mid 12's @ 120 mph. MM&FF magazine will test it correctly (Evan Smith) and run the big #'s and he'll likely bring proper tires to post those mid-11's. I wouldn't be surprised if they did a few minor mods in the quest for a 10-second timeslip in a "mostly-stock" GT500.

B)-->

QUOTE(Five Oh B @ May 16 2006, 11:13 AM) 12671[/snapback]

MM&FF magazine will test it correctly (Evan Smith) and run the big #'s and he'll likely bring proper tires to post those mid-11's. I wouldn't be surprised if they did a few minor mods in the quest for a 10-second timeslip in a "mostly-stock" GT500.

MM&FF had a really good relationship with Colletti. He told them several times that they had better not bring it(Terminator, Lightning,Mach 1, Bullit, and even a full up GT), back without a 13,12,11,10 second time slip. SVT even brought a bunch of different diameter wheels and slicks(instead of changing the final axle ratio) in an effort to get the GT into the 10's. Colletti didn't care about the why, just the how. Made for great reading. Hope that continues. In the same vein, I remember being blown away by having 0-60 and 1/4 mile times printed in my owners manual. 10 years ago that was a pretty gutsy thing for a manufacturer to commit to. For those of you that were there the first time this all happened in the late 60's, this new performance era may be old news. For me(38) after watching the painful 70's/early 80's; this age of factory 11 sec. cars and 20+ MPG while doing it seems absurd. Except that I have one.....and will soon have another :shift:

If the #s work, and I am able to have a GT500 beside my 03 Mach1, would there be any hating of me because I do not like to mod the factory car?

I have the window sticker, delivery tags(both laminated), original rubber mounted on the orignal wheels (in my garage) & a letter from FoMoCo stating my Mach1 is a special edition Mustang.

My 2003 DSG was a small # produced Mustang so anything I do change it will be able to be swapped back to original very easily.

The GT500 is a keeper too. (IMO)

If the #s work, and I am able to have a GT500 beside my 03 Mach1, would there be any hating of me because I do not like to mod the factory car?

No! I for one would feel better knowing that a few are keep pristine and original. The heritage should be passed on to further generations. However the hotrod part of that comitment to the future has a place as well. Every time I go see my nephew the first question is "what's new on our car?" A high performance anything is not high performance if it is not used as intended is it? So a few kept lovingly=good. To many being left to sag under the weight of years=bad. I'm gonna drive mine. Hard. A lot. Even in the winter. Because just like my beautiful 97(just won another peoples choice) its value to me is in the driving and sharing. And if it turns into a pain(doubt it) its gone. The attachment comes from faithful and reliable service. The passion comes from me.

No! I for one would feel better knowing that a few are keep pristine and original. The heritage should be passed on to further generations. However the hotrod part of that comitment to the future has a place as well. Every time I go see my nephew the first question is "what's new on our car?" A high performance anything is not high performance if it is not used as intended is it? So a few kept lovingly=good. To many being left to sag under the weight of years=bad. I'm gonna drive mine. Hard. A lot. Even in the winter. Because just like my beautiful 97(just won another peoples choice) its value to me is in the driving and sharing. And if it turns into a pain(doubt it) its gone. The attachment comes from faithful and reliable service. The passion comes from me.

Yeah, I've kept my 68GTfastback dead stock -- I've been tempted, for sure, to drop a serious big-block crate motor in (that $8100 650HP 513 from Ford racing is tempting) but then the chassis and brake systems would need a total upgrading and the Borg-Warner T10 4-spd would be toast, etc, etc. So dead stock is a nice way to be sometimes <grin> Heck, I even use Motorcraft replacement batteries -- I figure, as long as it's still completely stock, why not keep it all OEM if possible (yep, motorcraft plugs too ;-) It's only 335HP (old method) and runs mid-14s with 3.00:1 rear, but it's a sweet old girl and a great cruiser. And with 3.0 rear it gets over 20mpg (with no computer that's great for a big-block) with 1-2 shifts at 6-grand/60mph!

I figure some rides are better left stock. I sold my '01 Cobra to a friend. That year had the all aluminum 320HP 4.6DOHC (nat-asp), IRS, and great weight distrib. It's such a nice road car, I couldn't bring myself to modify it either.

Some cars, on the other hand, want to be mod's. I had a '74 2.8L V6 capri -- great handling car but screamed for more. So I had it blueprinted, CCd, ported-polished heads with multi-stage back-cut valves, slightly bigger cam, rejetted carb, all set-up on a chassis dyno. It actually only made 164 rwhp, but in a 2480lb car -- that's huge... it was almost as quick as the 68GT. Koni down-locks, bigger sways f&R and progressive springs and it was an amazing handler -- but that car just screamed to be modified.

Guest evilchris

I will run mine under maximum boost and tune. It's a 3900 lb car, needs more power to run in a straight line with say a Z06.

68FastBack - Pics - Pics!

Sounds very sweet.

I agree. Stock. Want to mod? Buy an older 5.0 and have at it!

Yeah, an old friend, who bought my '01 Cobra, gave his cherry '79 mustang to his nephew, but I kept telling him THAT'S the one you want to make into a 'toy' -- soooo light and so much good aftermarket stuff available. but there's only so much time and money for fun ;-)

I will let everybody do its own thing with his/her GT500. Stock or modified. Drive the hell out of them. It's a pity to let it sit in a bubble in a garage.

Agree 100%. Please please please drive and enjoy these great cars. If you want something to invest in, choose stocks, mutual funds, commodities or real estate - don't hope that this car will be worth something in 20 years!

Archived