TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Stock GT500 dynoed..

mrsuds

Guys,

Another tidbit for you. Brad from The Mustang Source just posted that a stock GT500 dynoed at 489rwhp. He did mention that the car has yet to pass final emissions testing. If this is true and the power remains constant that means 550 crank hp.

Just incredible... :o

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This puts the cat amongst the pigeons. Suddenly I suspect a lot more people are gonna start thinking about this car..... I wonder just how much refinment we traded for that BIG :wub: number. And I hope that as per SVT in the past the rest of it can balance all that HP.

This puts the cat amongst the pigeons. Suddenly I suspect a lot more people are gonna start thinking about this car..... I wonder just how much refinment we traded for that BIG :wub: number. And I hope that as per SVT in the past the rest of it can balance all that HP.

Yeah, what ever happened to the de-ratings that Ford used to do with their race engines?

Niiiiice. I guess swapping in 80mm throttle bodies, K & N FIPK & a Pro-M mass air meter will vault the 5.4 waaaay over 500 horse. Man I'm stoked.......new car smell here I come. 20 deep breaths with the windows closed....altogether now...snnnniiiiiiiiiffffff.......ahhhhhhhhhhhh.......sniiiiifffffffffff.......ahhhhhhhhhhhh...getting light headed.....

Niiiiice. I guess swapping in 80mm throttle bodies, K & N FIPK & a Pro-M mass air meter will vault the 5.4 waaaay over 500 horse. Man I'm stoked.......new car smell here I come. 20 deep breaths with the windows closed....altogether now...snnnniiiiiiiiiffffff.......ahhhhhhhhhhhh.......sniiiiifffffffffff.......ahhhhhhhhhhhh...getting light headed.....

i was not able to find the post on 'the mustang source'. can you give a link or some help thanks

1FSTHRSE

Guys,

Another tidbit for you. Brad from The Mustang Source just posted that a stock GT500 dynoed at 489rwhp. He did mention that the car has yet to pass final emissions testing. If this is true and the power remains constant that means 550 crank hp.

Just incredible... :o

This gives a whole new meaning to the word Stump Puller.....WOW! GOTTA HAVE IT NOW!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

The more I hear about this car, the less sleep I get !!! Now the horsepower thing . . . .I might as well become a vampire !! But if the horsepower numbers are true. . . . :happy feet:

Please excuse my ignorance guys.. when a car is rated as being 500HP, don't they usually mean that its that at the crankshaft.. while the rear wheels its ussually like 15% less...

Are you teling me that the 500HP rating was released recently ws at the rear wheel..NOT the crankshaft?!!??!!?

Please excuse my ignorance guys.. when a car is rated as being 500HP, don't they usually mean that its that at the crankshaft.. while the rear wheels its ussually like 15% less...

Are you teling me that the 500HP rating was released recently ws at the rear wheel..NOT the crankshaft?!!??!!?

Yes, when they rate a car it's typically Crankshaft HP. However, this car is rumoured to be underated. If the RWHP is what is stated in the first post (489) that is more like 575 at the crank. 489/.85 = 575.29 Crank HP.

:cheerleader: :bandance: :cheerleader: :bandance: :cheerleader: :bandance:

Yes, when they rate a car it's typically Crankshaft HP. 489/.85 = 575.29 Crank HP.

Kaylan when I just read that again I got a little goofy grin then I started giggling; then laughing, and now I think I'm in kaka with the girlfriend again. Michelle, have you any single ladyfriends just like you? I believe this relationship isn't going to survive this next addition to my family :hysterical:

Just thinking a little (and YES, it hurts),

489 RWHP/.88 = ~555 hp at crank.

.88 is realistic with live axel 8.8 dif/manual trans and synthetic fluids.

500 rated hp /.9 (10% max underrating for industry) = ~555 hp at crank.

Interesting to think/dream about. Only testing will tell us what the GT500 has. We'll just have to wait.

The line to order tires starts HERE!

-Devious

I think that if the 500hp # was from a certified test with a 3rd party present, then that is the real # at the crank. I say you can still expect a 15% drivetrain loss so that you see 425 rwhp. The prototype cars/engines that spit out more than 425 rwhp were likely tuned with different (more aggressive) calibrations than the safe tunes that the actual production cars will get.

Now, take it a step further. A car with 425 rwhp that weighs about 4,100 lbs (with the driver on board) will run through the 1/4 mile traps at about 115 mph. With a good driver and great traction (slicks) that would be good for 11.90's in the 1/4 mile - significantly better than the mid to high 12's from the 2003-4 Cobras.

B)-->

QUOTE(Five Oh B @ May 4 2006, 01:37 PM) 10495[/snapback]

I think that if the 500hp # was from a certified test with a 3rd party present, then that is the real # at the crank. I say you can still expect a 15% drivetrain loss so that you see 425 rwhp. The prototype cars/engines that spit out more than 425 rwhp were likely tuned with different (more aggressive) calibrations than the safe tunes that the actual production cars will get.

Now, take it a step further. A car with 425 rwhp that weighs about 4,100 lbs (with the driver on board) will run through the 1/4 mile traps at about 115 mph. With a good driver and great traction (slicks) that would be good for 11.90's in the 1/4 mile - significantly better than the mid to high 12's from the 2003-4 Cobras.

Brian, I believe you're right on the money with these numbers. My 2001 Lightning runs 12.6 @108 mph with about 500 at the crank and with original street tires and it weighs 4950 lbs thats 1000 lbs more than the Shelby.

Most of the SVT Mustangs have actually produced more hp than what they have stated have they not???

Does anyone think this will not be the case here?

475 + 25 = WOW

KingCobra.

I hate to say I told you so back on January 24...

500hp!!!!!!!

KingCobra.

Archived