TEAM SHELBY FORUM

One Year Anniversary

ngnear

It was one year ago today that 08SGT0657 was delivered to me.

365 days and approx. 2900 miles later I still have the thrill of driving this car today as I did when I first picked her up.

Last night I stopped in at the same dealership where I purchase my SGT to look at the new KR they had on the show room floor. (Vista Blue with Silver Stripes just like my SGT). The salesman started to tell me that the KR was the real Shelby compared to my SGT. He stopped as soon as I told him that the KR and the SGT came from the same Shelby shop in Las Vegas and that both are real Shelbys. I love educating salesmen. :happy feet:

365 days and approx. 2900 miles later I still have the thrill of driving this car today as I did when I first picked her up.

Well put. How many things you buy still, a year later, have the same thrill?

Jim

$120,000 in NEBRASKA ????

Dealers can't get anywhere near that even here in SoCal. Sounds like that KR will be in their showroom for awhile.

Steve

I agree 100% with you, even at sticker price it is too much for what you get (525 HP, new hood, wheels and a label) . I don't see it being much different than a GT500 with a slightly different Supercharger/tune. Maybe I am missing something...and winter is on its way.

But on the plus side, it really does look good sitting there on their show room floor.

I told them I could buy two SGT's with supercharger, upgraded brakes and new wheels cheaper than $120K that would keep up with this car due to the extra weight in the front end.

The salesmen didn't want to discuss the issue any further.

Congrats!

It will be 1 year for me tomorrow. @5800 miles! :shift:

Archived