TEAM SHELBY FORUM

What makes you happy?

Well guys it's great talking about cars and Shelby Mustang's all day, but what makes you happy? What makes you get out of bed, the car, away from the wife or (husband) and makes you relive your 'childhood' days? What are you passionate about?

As for me...

Well I am very big into gymnastics and I was coming very close to qualifying for the 2008 Olympics until I tore my ACL and MCL and ruptured my meniscus back in April of 2008 which ultimately made me decide to get into road racing.

Here are some pics and vids of me doing gymnastics.

Flares

Russian Circles

Pommel Horse; very unique skill that only and handful of people do in the world

n511858325_50861_8839.jpg

n511858325_46798_4302.jpg

n511858325_108854_4251.jpg

I hope to hear very interesting and unique things!

What makes me happy -

Love of God & family.

Anything that goes along with the above.

Shelby GT & related (events & car shows)

Vacations (primarily RV camping)

Auto Racing, and attending at least 3 or 4 races / year.

Continuing to learn how to play guitar!

I fight fire

I START Fires...............

:hysterical:

I am too much into Cars, I go to Car Shows. I used to go to about 30 a Year (in the Southeast) but with the Cost of everything going up, I have had to cut back to about 7. I put on the "MUSTANG F/X Monday Night Mustangs at HOOTER" on the First Monday of the Month. I am trying to get a new Car Magazine off the Ground. I am putting together a New Book titled "SOFT STEEL". I wrote one Book so far titled "A Car Nutz Guide to putting on Car Shows for Charity and Profit" and am now thinking about starting a "Top 40" Car Show Business.

David.

Family and sports.

Most of my time is devoted to my wife and kids. I have four, ages 26, 12, 8 and 5.

The 26 year old son is into cars as well, and I just helped him buy a house, so I spend time with him doing car and house stuff. I was involved in his sports stuff when he was younger. We also got to play a couple of seasons of softball together on the same team.

The 12 year old son is into computers, games and movies, and is curious about things, so we spend time with him talking politics and economics and he takes archery and is a top student. I coached his sports teams when he was younger.

The 8 year old daughter is "activity girl". She plays soccer and baseball, takes horseback riding lessons, takes cello lessons, and is active in girl scouts and cotillion. I referee for her soccer team. I manage her baseball team (not softball, baseball). She roller blades, skateboards, bikes, scooters, and more. She is playing in a winter baseball league currently, and is the only girl in the league, and is also a top student.

The 5 year old daughter (my bonus baby) plays soccer and baseball and is active. I assistant coached her tball team and assistant coach and referee for her soccer team and is waiting to get old enough for some of the other activities.

My life currently:

Monday take 12 yr old to school at 8, work till 5, take 8 year old to soccer practice from 6-7 with 5 year old in tow, take 8 year old to batting cages from 7:15-7:45, family dinner together, watch show with kids, then either watch movie with wife or fall asleep on couch after kids go to bed.

Tuesday take 12 yr old to school at 8, work till 5. Dad's choice night. I can either cook dinner or take 8 year old to horseback lessons, dinner at 7 watch show with kids, then either watch movie with wife or fall asleep on couch after kids go to bed.

Wednesday take 12 yr old to school at 8, work till 5, take 8 year old to soccer practice from 6-7 with 5 year old in tow, take 8 year old to batting cages from 7:15-7:45, family dinner together, watch show with kids, then either watch movie with wife or fall asleep on couch after kids go to bed.

Thursday take 12 yr old to school at 8, work till 5, coach 5 year old and other screaming little kids in soccer 6-7, hope 8 year old does not drag me to batting cages afterwards, family dinner together, watch show with kids, then either watch movie with wife or fall asleep on couch after kids go to bed.

Friday take 12 yr old to school at 8, work till 2:30, coach baseball from 4-6 (really this is 3:30 to 6:30 with set up and tear down). Pizza night. Hope to hell 8 year old does not want to go to batting cages.

Family dinner together, watch show with kids, then either watch movie with wife or fall asleep on couch after kids go to bed.

Saturday: watch 8 year old play soccer. Watch 12 year old at archery if possible. Referee 5 year olds soccer game. Referee one other soccer game, sometimes two. Hope oldes son does not need anything too tiring from Dad. Dad cooks on the grill night. Beg and plead with 8 year old to stay home. Give in and take her and friend to batting cages. Family dinner together, sometimes other family and friends as well, watch show with kids, then either watch movie with wife or fall asleep on couch after kids go to bed. Rarely stay awake for movie.

Sunday. Yardwork with daughters am. Sometimes work on car (s). They "help". Manage little league baseball team game in afternoon. Watch some football if I can stay awake. Refuse to take daughter to batting cages, too tired. Give son truck keys but beg off on helping because too tired. Dad grills again. Family dinner together, sometimes other family and friends as well, watch show with kids, then either watch movie or show with wife or fall asleep on couch after kids go to bed.

During baseball season, I work watching baseball into this, and currently work watching Laker games into this. On rare occasions, take wife to dinner. If my shoulder is up to it, sometimes will pitch to kids rather than batting cages. 8 year old wants batting cages, 5 year old wants me to pitch.

When soccer season is over, we hit the holidays and rash of family birthdays and and host them. Baseball is currently close to year round. In the past when some nights are free, wife and I have taken dance lessons.

And by the way, I would not trade the above for anything.

I scroll through online forums about my Shelby.... :hysterical:

I work for a living....go home and listen to my wife bitch about being a stay at home mom, get ignored by the kid, and do house chores that my wife says she wont do. :headscratch:

One day I'll be divorced and this will all be a bad memory. :drool:

Then I can do what REALLY makes me happy....buy mods, attend Shelby events, play my wall of guitars and pay for sex on a time by time basis, rather than the long term contract Im currently stuck in! :hysterical::lurk:

NFL had it right with free agency... :happy feet:

Sex! :happy feet:

Best answer so far.... :D

I use to play in Rock and Blues bands in my younger days, so i occasionally play with this stuff. I have 3 more Strats that aren't pictured and one accoustic. More gear than i need anymore, but just can't make myself sell any of it.

Copyof100_1417.jpg

100_1448.jpg

100_1441.jpg

Don't hunt anymore but still like to go the target range also.

All winter sports....Hunting....Competed in judo from the age of 12 till I was 42... when the Knees finaly

gave out. :cry: ..I still practice it and help teach when I have the time. :happy feet:

Oh, and like Doc said..... SEX . :drool: I still can compete in that.... :hysterical:

All winter sports....Hunting....Competed in judo from the age of 12 till I was 42... when the Knees finaly

gave out. :cry: ..I still practice it and help teach when I have the time. :happy feet:

Oh, and like Doc said..... SEX . :drool: I still can compete in that.... :hysterical:

At the age of 42, not for long! :hysterical:

Ain't modern science wonderful?

Archived